Eno said... - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #141
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:35 AM
I just heard the new coldplay album...it should simply just be called Brian Eno.

Gonna Run 2 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #142
Refugee

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Agreed.

Did you read the RS interview with Chris Martin? Martin discusses how Eno basically told them they were no good; later in the interview, the interviewer asks Martin about a favorite line and Martin recalls that Eno actually wrote that one.

In any case, it's good music.

Gilead12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich79 View Post
Moment of Surrender, huh? Still sounds like one of those titles where the song is going to be filled with "Kneel", "Heal", "Love", "Soul", and other Bono keywords. I'll just have to hear it.
Don't forget "Sky" and "Kiss"!
doctorwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #144
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:35 AM
I know this is making a leap, but I was just listening to the beach clip 'All My Life', where the chorus goes something like 'I've been waiting for, this moment I'm in'. I know this is one of the songs they had pre-Rubin, and I know it's been stated that none of Rubins material went forward to Eno/Lanois. Maybe someone can tell me if this is a song which was given to Rubin later on, or if they kept it and perhaps presented it to Eno.

I can see Eno taking this song and making it super-atmospheric. From what I can gather from the limited lyrics we've taken from it, the theme seems to match a moment of surrender, that moment Bono sings about in the chorus that he's been waiting for where he can finally let go of whatever insecurity or shelter he's been hiding in. Perhaps Eno has taken this song and reworked it a bit, because I can see him really loving this song for it's depth and potential. However, it does sound like early 2000's U2, but maybe Eno has reworked the sound and feel of it, as well...

Again, just a leap, but the chorus instantly reminded me of the title Eno had thrown out there.
Zoo_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho View Post
Don't forget "Sky" and "Kiss"!
Sun, moon, fire...
U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
No more slow songs.

Rock me, dammit.
Aardvark747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
Sun, moon, fire...
velvet, dress, wear...
Reggie Thee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #148
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo_Fly View Post
I know this is making a leap, but I was just listening to the beach clip 'All My Life', where the chorus goes something like 'I've been waiting for, this moment I'm in'. I know this is one of the songs they had pre-Rubin, and I know it's been stated that none of Rubins material went forward to Eno/Lanois. Maybe someone can tell me if this is a song which was given to Rubin later on, or if they kept it and perhaps presented it to Eno.

I can see Eno taking this song and making it super-atmospheric. From what I can gather from the limited lyrics we've taken from it, the theme seems to match a moment of surrender, that moment Bono sings about in the chorus that he's been waiting for where he can finally let go of whatever insecurity or shelter he's been hiding in. Perhaps Eno has taken this song and reworked it a bit, because I can see him really loving this song for it's depth and potential. However, it does sound like early 2000's U2, but maybe Eno has reworked the sound and feel of it, as well...

Again, just a leap, but the chorus instantly reminded me of the title Eno had thrown out there.
This actually sounds like a really great possibility. Not that the chance that it's true is that good, but I agree it could be amazing if they did rework that song a bit with Eno. I could care less about the verses and whatnot, but what a fucking chorus that song had. It'd be a damn shame if such a great chorus was just completely scrapped. Hopefully we'll wind up seeing it in one incarnation or another. I mean, I liked the song alright initially from the beach clip (and like I said, LOVED the chorus), but the possibilities the Enofication of this song brings are just droolworthy, if you will.
XHendrix24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Eno knows a lot about music however his taste in music generally doesnt jive with the general population. But what he says about it will make it worth the listen because hes done at least 100 songs with U2 being conservative and if this is the best one in his ears that is great.
Yahweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:52 AM   #150
Refugee

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Come on, it was a joke.
ElectricalVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #151
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
yeah, I still wouldn't mind a full U2 album with the same sort of mood/atmosphere as Million Dollar Hotel
Think we agreed on this a few years ago Salome.
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #152
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun vox View Post
what is :siamycgoo: ?
I'm lucky I read this somewhere else, as I can't figure out title abbreviations like that. It's "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of" and I love that song, but hopefully this will be better!

Muldfeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moment of surrender