Edge on release of new album: "It's hard to tell" "We're tryin"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbanksy9

The Fly
Use link: The Edge on New U2 Album -- We're Tryin' | TMZ.com

A TMZ reporter got a hold of The Edge in NY over the weekend im guessing and Mr. The Edge didn't seem to hopeful for a new release soon, never mind a single next month.

Disappointment.

What does everyone else think? Should we take this as Edge trying to not spoil a surprise or are they egging us on?

I'm not really disappointed. At least he said they're working on it. But you can never tell with U2. :huh: A new single in December might still be a possibility, though.

That guy in the video :doh:

I mean, if you are going to chase him and his family with a videocamera, why would you ask him "how's Bono?"
:down:

It seems Edge was just annoyed and had no interest in talking to this clown. He was being pestered by a particularly bothersome house fly (with a camera) and decided to bust out the big flyswatter: give him an incredibly vague answer, a fuck you smirk, and get in the car as quickly as possible.

There's nothing to glean from this interaction with that sad, sad little man from TMZ.

It's fucking TMZ, come on people...

Amen, I don't think this was going to come out:

TMZ: Edge, edge, sorry to chase you with a TV camera, light, while your spending time with you family.

Edge: Its ok, I'm actually glad you found me, very ZOO TV of you, this moment and all.

TMZ: Awesome, so how is Bono and what about Songs Of Accent?

Edge: Screw Bono, and Songs of Accent is coming along great, a new single will out next week I hope, if not before Christmas, as we have 13 new songs with new producer Danger Mouse, thus taking us back to our "Pop" era.

TMZ: Wow, Pop

Edge: Yes and it gave us some time to rediscover how great that album is and we plan on playing 3-4 tracks off of it when we play "Down Under"

TMZ: MOfo, Please, and Gone??

Edge: Yes, and maybe PLayboy Mansion

TMZ: AWESOME!!

Edge: I know, but anyway, I got to go and get the kids to bed and again, screw Bono!!!

It seems Edge was just annoyed and had no interest in talking to this clown. He was being pestered by a particularly bothersome house fly (with a camera) and decided to bust out the big flyswatter: give him an incredibly vague answer, a fuck you smirk, and get in the car as quickly as possible.

There's nothing to glean from this interaction with that sad, sad little man from TMZ.

my thoughts exactly.

Those comments on that video are pissing me off. I know I shouldn't care but I do:down:

I guess the only thing more disgusting than TMZ itself, it's reporters and Harvey Fuckface are the people who frequent their website and consume that garbage. You could at least argue that TMZ is just a business...and that if there weren't these sad people giving them a livelihood, that it would just go away.

So to me, while I didn't even click on the link, I think those commentators and their comments are even more meaningless than your average comment section on any website (which are always full of twats)...even more so than imdb and/or youtube.

If I were Edge I'd want to get away from that clown too. Id take his response about the new album with a grain of salt, nothing more. I must say though that he handled this with class, as always.

James

I find it strange how people dismiss this but place so much weight on all the other quotes that suggest a new release is pending. What makes any of these statements credible?

That they're being made in a proper interview, while none of the band members saying the quote are bothered by an annoying nosy interviewer shoving a camera in their face.

Edge be trollin'. Seriously, "we're working hard?" That could mean anything from "we're working on writing songs" to "we're working on mastering the album for release in a month."

Yeah really. There's about a thousand quotes from them about releases being imminent and everyone starts marking off calendar dates. Edge plays it down and nobody believes it, so no I don't find any of what they say regarding future releases credible. Their story changes too often in my opinion.

Yeah really. There's about a thousand quotes from them about releases being imminent and everyone starts marking off calendar dates. Edge plays it down and nobody believes it, so no I don't find any of what they say regarding future releases credible. Their story changes too often in my opinion.

You don't see the difference between legitimate music sources and stalker tabloids? You really thought the Edge would have given them some new exclusive information? Really?

It struck me that Edge was being deliberately sarcastic. The question was "so you guys comin out with anything new?" - almost like the dolt had no idea they were even recording at all! Not "when's the new album out?" "How's recording going?" "Can we get a single before Christmas?" "What's it like working with Danger Mouse?"

I got the idea that the cameraman a. knows little about U2 and b. just happened upon The Edge without having a real purpose in getting album info in particular. They probably framed the writeup around that after someone in the office told him that, yes, in fact, U2 has been recording for a year and is expecting to release something soon. Anyone who is following the band or hasn't been living under a rock knows that there is new stuff coming out at some point soon.

No I don't think he would give exclusive info, however the quotes to legit publications haven't ammounted to anything either. Bottom line is when I see it on the shelves in HMV, I'll believe it, until then I'll file this with all the other quotes about release dates that have been and gone.

At any rate I wouldn't say this quote by Edge should give cause for anyone to lament or fear that we're going to have to wait forever, it's just a deliberately vague statement given with a bit of sarcasm to someone who didn't even have the courtesy to know a bit of current info before turning the camera on and asking dumb questions. :shrug:

No I don't think he would give exclusive info, however the quotes to legit publications haven't ammounted to anything either.
What did you expect them to ammount to? Most quotes point to an album in the spring, by all accounts you're not going to get more than that at this point...

Bottom line is when I see it on the shelves in HMV, I'll believe it

Good for you :up:

Don't expect them to amount to anything, that's why I said they have no credibility just like the quotes Edge made here.

Don't expect them to amount to anything, that's why I said they have no credibility just like the quotes Edge made here.

Well it's not like I'm going to cry or punch someone if it turns out not to happen, but as of now I'm thinking there's a good chance we see a new album in the spring. I do believe the band is going to be a little more serious with credible sources, and also it just makes sense to release one then...

Back
Top Bottom