Early physical single vinyl release of SOI? Photos inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does one feel about picking me up a copy and posting it to Australia?

I'd gladly donate the $$ for all costs involved and a tip via paypal or other preferred methods.

Please send me an email if you are interested skentpg@tpg.com.au, I'll make sure its worth your time.

Join the queue sken. If any were left, the requests in this thread already would probably account for them!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Alright, well if someone is willing to buy myself and 'dan smee' a copy and send it to my address in Australia, I will buy them a Playstation 4.

I will post the LP to Dan when it arrives.

I'd rather make it worthwhile for an interference member than someone on ebay.

Alright, well if someone is willing to buy myself and 'dan smee' a copy and send it to my address in Australia, I will buy them a Playstation 4.

I think the overriding point is there is unlikely to be any left.

A PLAYSTATION 4? OMG?

*calculates in his head*

Maybe I can trade it for a copy of U2:3 ;)

http://www.u2-3.com

i kid...i kid...

What grammy awards could they be up for then?just album and rock album of the year?

Can they be nominated in any of the song awards?

These are up to 5 and 600 dollars on ebay already. Absolutely ridiculous.

Why aren't major news outlets picking up on this story? Couple of weeks ago, they made mention that the band aren't eligible for the Grammy.
Now it's starting to pick up steam :up: I spoke too soon. :lol:

U2 Now Eligible for Grammys After Pressing Limited-Edition Vinyl | Rolling Stone
With that deadline quickly approaching, U2 have sent a limited number of vinyl copies of Innocence to retailers that will be available to buy on Tuesday's cutoff date, a source close to the situation tells Rolling Stone.

A spokesperson for the Grammys tells Rolling Stone that once the record is available on Tuesday, the band will be eligible for the upcoming 57th Annual Grammy Awards on February 8th, 2015. "As long as the album, be it CD, vinyl or digital, is available commercially for sale to the public by our eligibility cutoff date at a nationally recognized retailer or website, then it's eligible for consideration," the spokesperson says.

Tried to see if some EU/Dutch stores had some hidden ones. Nothing yet.
Seems like a US/UK only release for now. :tsk:

Byym_7IIUAAzJAg.jpg:large

:wink:

This article makes it seem like there are copies that just went out yesterday/today...to which stores, is the obvious question?

Amoeba and Loony Tunes surely didn't get all 300!! That defies both logic and what was reported as the number of physical copies at Amoeba before anyone found out..

Sent from my ass crack

Its like the Library stunt that the wee English band did! Where are the other 200 or so going to pop up?!?!?

Is it a case that a Universal Rep or band rep is driving around with the other 200 deciding where to surprise drop them or have Universal already mailed them out and they are sitting on shelves somewhere right now?!

On an interesting side note: went into my local Indie store in Ireland on Monday to ask on the off chance that they got the test pressing in. The guy laughed, knew nothing about it, and then said he had just signed a petition to blacklist upcoming U2 releases and wouldn't be stocking SOI as a protest against the release method!! Sounded like a UK/Ireland wide petition!

Back
Top Bottom