Early physical single vinyl release of SOI? Photos inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the same impression. They even said something like "don't worry if you're not a subscriber, we have other SOI prizes".

I really wanted to win this bad boy, since I don't have the R$2.500,00 they're asking on eBay....

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think the best responses should win the vinyl, regardless of whether we coughed up $50 for a membership or not. I've never been a paid member but I've spent so much more than that on this band over the years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

ClaytonsKitten is correct.
Everyone should enter the contest if they want.
Think of it as a lottery game.
You will only win the prize if you play the game. If you never bought a ticket, you
will not get the bag of cookies.

Personally, I will pass. I already have the FREE music U2 has given away.
That is good enough for me.

That's pretty sad then that over 50 have made their way onto eBay. And it's clear that the individual sellers with more than two copies obviously went and bought a ton at one store. Hell, they could have just taken off some of the stickers in-store if need be. If I had to guess, I'd say about half of them got into the hands of actual fans and the rest into opportunists. I wish I could have been one of those opportunists though. A lot of scratch for nothing.

What's crazier is that people are paying so much money when there's a bunch of rarer, cheaper test pressings up on eBay. I mean, I'd rather have a one-of-a-kind (or one of a few) of those instead of some album with a run of three hundred copies that isn't even a test pressing to begin with...

I had the same impression. They even said something like "don't worry if you're not a subscriber, we have other SOI prizes".

I really wanted to win this bad boy, since I don't have the R$2.500,00 they're asking on eBay....

are you sure ???
oh god I've seen up to $ 1700 .... but 2500 seems like a crazy .........:huh:

You can tell there's a lot of rich people that don't really care bidding when the prices are so out of whack. One will sell for hundreds more than one that has an end date an hour later, etc. All it takes is one guy whose loaded trying to impress his wife or girlfriend that's a U2 fan and the prices go up by hundreds more than they should. Really, I doubt too many hardcore fans, even if they have the money would pay such an exorbitant amount...

I have the CD Deluxe!

I know this is about the 300 vinyl LP of SOI, and I have that too, but I HAVE the CD Deluxe now!! I didn't know where to put this and I'm so excited! So, you'll just have to be forbearing or tell me to hush. I can take it.

Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight in the city in Little Italy. Afterward, I said it was only a few minutes to The Sound Garden so let's go by and see if they got SOI early like they did in Europe. I walked in the door, turned left into the vinyl room, and nothing. :( Walked straight ahead, looked at the new release DVDs and CDs didn't see anything. Looked around some more, for the Royal Blood CD but they were sold out. I came back to the New Releases and there it was! Totally missed it the first time! I HAVE U2 - Songs Of Innocence CD Deluxe! $12.99! I LOVE my independent record store! And, boy do those first two Disc 2 songs sound so good, especially in the car! The O's are playing for the 'ship and we went right by the stadium and saw all the fans standing as the O's pulled to within 1 at 5-4. But sorry, I HAD to listen to those first two songs and then the next two too! The O's tied it up btw. :sexywink: Oh, and I have the CD Deluxe!! :D

Back to the slagging of the early vinyl release... continue if you wish/must.

You can tell there's a lot of rich people that don't really care bidding when the prices are so out of whack. One will sell for hundreds more than one that has an end date an hour later, etc. All it takes is one guy whose loaded trying to impress his wife or girlfriend that's a U2 fan and the prices go up by hundreds more than they should. Really, I doubt too many hardcore fans, even if they have the money would pay such an exorbitant amount...

Yes, its a really wacky wacky world out there in E-Bay-Land.
Some people have nothing better to do with their money.
This gets me thinking,
perhaps I could sell my Bono Toast on eBay :D

The other day I made a toasted bread and the dark-toasted part came out
looking like Bono´s face!
This is definitely one of a kind.
It´s also edible too, so that should double the price as a consumers
delicacy item!
It is "gourmet BONO Toast"! - one of a kind!:lol:

If a "Virgin Mary" toast fetches $28,000 dollars, imagine what a piece
of toast with Bono´s face could sell for

BONOTOAST.jpg

I know this is about the 300 vinyl LP of SOI, and I have that too, but I HAVE the CD Deluxe now!! I didn't know where to put this and I'm so excited! So, you'll just have to be forbearing or tell me to hush. I can take it.

Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight in the city in Little Italy. Afterward, I said it was only a few minutes to The Sound Garden so let's go by and see if they got SOI early like they did in Europe. I walked in the door, turned left into the vinyl room, and nothing. :( Walked straight ahead, looked at the new release DVDs and CDs didn't see anything. Looked around some more, for the Royal Blood CD but they were sold out. I came back to the New Releases and there it was! Totally missed it the first time! I HAVE U2 - Songs Of Innocence CD Deluxe! $12.99! I LOVE my independent record store! And, boy do those first two Disc 2 songs sound so good, especially in the car! The O's are playing for the 'ship and we went right by the stadium and saw all the fans standing as the O's pulled to within 1 at 5-4. But sorry, I HAD to listen to those first two songs and then the next two too! The O's tied it up btw. :sexywink: Oh, and I have the CD Deluxe!! :D

Back to the slagging of the early vinyl release... continue if you wish/must.

Nice... now i wanna check the independent record stores near me :hmm:

The funniest part about all of this is that it was a U2 release and kind of sat around before being discovered (although that makes it more annoying to those of us that live nearby a store and wanted to flip them).

If this had been some surprise thing from a popular indie act, it would have likely sold out much faster than this one did (hell, they clearly had extras in the back or whatever that they sold online the other night). Amoeba Berkeley in particular is mostly young shoppers in their 20s that could give a fuck about U2 and wouldn't be caught dead buying it (I know having shopped there countless times).

Given your hate for this album, I have a bit of trouble accepting your views as unbiased.

And while U2 have only had the "cool" factor a brief moment in their careers (perhaps just as JT hit), kids also know eBay and what sells. Those kids definitely would have flipped the album for $$.

Okay, for those still following this story; it has been discovered that ebay user "tncbargains" is actually Looney Tunes themselves. Check out their completed auctions to see how much money they've made by ripping off fans. Disgusting. I wish I knew who to report this to at Universal/Interscope.

Okay, for those still following this story; it has been discovered that ebay user "tncbargains" is actually Looney Tunes themselves. Check out their completed auctions to see how much money they've made by ripping off fans. Disgusting. I wish I knew who to report this to at Universal/Interscope.

wow

Hi, I think that Matt McGee from atu2 has contacts with the record label, maybe he can report them... Don't know really.

At least that's the impression I got from reading this Column: off the record..., vol. 14-639

I guessed as much. They aren't making the $800 and up prices anymore, though. Definitely, they should be reported. Who at Universal is related to someone at Looney Tunes? THAT is what I want to KNOW!

I emailed Universal.
There was a character limit for text. I emailed them via this form.
Privacy Office Inquiry Form
I doubt I will hear back from them....but I figured why not......

To whom it may concern:

Of course you know, a white label test pressing of U2's album "Songs of Innocence" was made available at two stores. According to reports the only two stores that got these 300 records were Looney Tunes and Amoeba Records.

Looney Tunes had this link to promote this fact:
Looney Tunes » Blog Archive » U2 LP for Songs of Innocence

It has come to the attention of MANY people that Looney Tunes Records sold very little of these records to fans and instead has sold many on eBay under the seller name "tncbargains".

Please take a look at their selling history.

eBay Feedback Profile for tncbargains

This is disheartening to fans that were trying to secure such a collectors item.

I'm hoping that you will get back to me after you investigate this matter.

Thank you.

Mark Baker

I encourage more people to fill out this form. It may be taken seriously if enough people do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom