Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gonna Run 2 U said:
Also, i just stumbled upon a song he did with INXS ?!

That will most likely be 'Slide Away' with Micheal Hutchence.
As for Dreaming With Tears..., thats on a tribute album I believe. But I can't place my finger on the title.

Hope this helps :D

Axver said:
Actually, they're both on the new album. Along with a 15 minute long version of Mercy. I've had an advance copy for the last two months and just haven't told you guys. :wink:

Is this confirmed!!!!! ZOMG MERCY :happy:

No spoken words said:

I latch onto things, burn them out in my head, then inevitably interference offers up something else for me to mock. I give this one 2 more days or so.

Yeah I'm wondering what the next source will be. The Bono's Facebook thread showed promise, but so far no dice.

No spoken words said:
I latch onto things, burn them out in my head, then inevitably interference offers up something else for me to mock. I give this one 2 more days or so.

Psh. We'll probably end up referencing this all through the setlist parties on the next tour.

No spoken words said:

So did Bono growing his hair out, but that dead-ended.

It's not if, it's when, though.

I used "it's confirmed" in real life last night and my friends all thought I was insane when I said "what, I got it from my U2 message board." (They have also said at various times that they are going to stage an intervention.)

We should play a drinking game in the setlist parties. Every time something related to confirmed/rumoured gets mentioned, you have a drink.

"OMG THEY'RE PLAYING TWILIGHT!" "Is this rumoured?!?!"

I'm convinced half of the setlist partiers will die of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first gig. And that includes some of the people not drinking, due to the intoxication permeating the thread.

Varitek said:

I used "it's confirmed" in real life last night and my friends all thought I was insane when I said "what, I got it from my U2 message board." (They have also said at various times that they are going to stage an intervention.)

If you read my powerjuice origin posts, you might have noticed that I used "is that confirmed?" at work, but meant it in context, but then started cracking up, and everyone who normally looks at me like I'm nuts anyway had further evidence.

Axver said:
We should play a drinking game in the setlist parties. Every time something related to confirmed/rumoured gets mentioned, you have a drink.

"OMG THEY'RE PLAYING TWILIGHT!" "Is this rumoured?!?!"

I'm convinced half of the setlist partiers will die of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first gig. And that includes some of the people not drinking, due to the intoxication permeating the thread.

Yeah, that game would prove to be the end of the set list threads forever, since all participants would be dead.

No spoken words said:
Yeah, that game would prove to be the end of the set list threads forever, since all participants would be dead.

I'm sure my ghost will continue to run the threads. The fondness for setlists runs deep.

Actually, it will be a new 2009 version, Nerdy Ghost. Edge will sing it.

Axver said:
Actually, they're both on the new album. Along with a 15 minute long version of Mercy. I've had an advance copy for the last two months and just haven't told you guys. :wink:

I've heard the new version of Mercy. I love the blistering 7 minute guitar/mellotron solo followed by an orgasmic 3 minute xylophone solo. And Larry beatboxes and scats while Adam scratches vinyls of Joshua Tree after the last chorus, which Bono sings through a vocoder.

Man they really pulled out all the stops on this one!!!!

shart1780 said:
I've heard the new version of Mercy. I love the blistering 7 minute guitar/mellotron solo followed by an orgasmic 3 minute xylophone solo. And Larry beatboxes and scats while Adam scratches vinyls of Joshua Tree after the last chorus, which Bono sings through a vocoder.

Man they really pulled out all the stops on this one!!!!

:tsk: I can't believe you forgot to mention Paul McCartney's guest spot - that extraordinary spoon solo outro! I hear he used Adam's personal spoon collection.

I'm making an mp3 (high quality mp3's - not mp4a's or whatever iTunes is in) collection of all of U2's studio songs, including various side projects. I have these two songs included. I'm almost done with it (throwing in some special live material too) and it covers all of U2's career to date. My goal was NOT to include tons of live stuff (although some is there) because I don't have it all and there's just too much. Rather, I wanted all studio works (and I think I got them all - although I'm sure I'm missing something).

To me, this collection is the REAL U2 Anthology - not what they released on iTunes. I just wish there was a way to share this with fans so that people could hear some of these songs (like the ones mentioned in this thread). Because there will always be new fans who haven't heard something before - and I'd love for them to be caught up quickly. :yes:

doctorwho said:
I'm making an mp3 (high quality mp3's - not mp4a's or whatever iTunes is in) collection of all of U2's studio songs, including various side projects. I have these two songs included. I'm almost done with it (throwing in some special live material too) and it covers all of U2's career to date. My goal was NOT to include tons of live stuff (although some is there) because I don't have it all and there's just too much. Rather, I wanted all studio works (and I think I got them all - although I'm sure I'm missing something).

To me, this collection is the REAL U2 Anthology - not what they released on iTunes. I just wish there was a way to share this with fans so that people could hear some of these songs (like the ones mentioned in this thread). Because there will always be new fans who haven't heard something before - and I'd love for them to be caught up quickly. :yes:

I don't have either of these and I'd love them. I'd also love a couple soundtrack songs - Sweet Fire of Love, Conversation on a Barstool, That's Life, and Time Enough for Tears (I know not all of these are performed by U2/U2 members). I'm yourwildhorses @ gmail.com if you care to share.

As for sharing an entire anthology, I think 2 things:
1) A written list of it would be helpful for people who are getting into U2 and don't know what's out there that they might not have. Sites like U2wanderer have this, but all scattered on different pages.
2) There are the mega uploads, etc, but I'm not sure how kosher it would be to share the whole thing, if that includes all the easily-purchaseable albums that have been released. You don't want to enable pirating of that stuff. But the more obscure stuff could probably be shared.

Varitek said:
(I think I deserve to be shot for this one.)

Is that confirmed?

And by confirmed, I mean WHY THE FUCK WON'T THIS DIE.

Back
Top Bottom