Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Is that confirmed?

And by confirmed, I mean WHY THE FUCK WON'T THIS DIE.

If you want it to die so badly, why don't you hop on a plane to Dublin, sneak into their studio, and get us something real to talk about.

If you were in U2's studio and you could copy five things, but you didn't have time to listen to them first, you could just copy and run, how/what would you pick?

Varitek said:
If you want it to die so badly, why don't you hop on a plane to Dublin, sneak into their studio, and get us something real to talk about.

Because I'm lazy and Interference in the off season cracks me up. A lot.

If you were in U2's studio and you could copy five things, but you didn't have time to listen to them first, you could just copy and run, how/what would you pick?

The following five recordings:
- Super secret UF out-takes
- Original Soundtracks 2 demos (marked "KEEP AWAY FROM LARRY")
- "Dear God, why do we still have this Pre-Boy shit?", otherwise unlabelled
- Lovetown archives
- A minute long medley of six new tracks just to tease Interference

Or did I conveniently copy a bit too much by lumping stuff together? :wink:

Axver said:

Or did I conveniently copy a bit too much by lumping stuff together? :wink:

Yes, you majorly cheated. Five tracks. Though I like the medley idea, especially if there's so much fading in and out over each other that you can't really hear any of the songs anyway (like the first clip of WITS we got that had Fake Plastic Trees over the beginning).

You just said 'five things', not 'five tracks', so I took liberty and considered the entire Lovetown archive to be one 'thing'!

OK, five tracks:
- Studio version of She's A Mystery To Me
- Studio version of Wild Irish Rose
- Soundboard recording of One Tree Hill in Wellington, 8 November 1989
- Bono singing The Wanderer
- One new song, labelled "b-side"

How's that? :wink:

Axver said:
OK, five tracks:
- Studio version of She's A Mystery To Me

this wins.

- Studio version of Wild Irish Rose
- Soundboard recording of One Tree Hill in Wellington, 8 November 1989
- Bono singing The Wanderer
- One new song, labelled "b-side"

How's that? :wink:

this is pretty good too.

OK here's mine:

- Studio of She's a Mystery To Me (if I only get one, this is it)
- One new song labelled "Larry's favorite - rework"
- an early version of Bad
- an early version of A Sort of Homecoming
- I tried to think of something else so I wouldn't be stealing your style, but I'm gonna have to go with Studio Wild Irish Rose (btw my "clean copy" cuts off at "A life is what she wanted" - do you have a full clean copy?)

No spoken words said:

So you are saying that they will be playing "Beautiful Ghost" on the next tour?

Is this conf-

Yeah, nevermind. You can only beat something into the ground so many times before it passes the "let's mock how much we're beating this into the ground" stage, and straight to the annoying bin.

For the record, Powerjuice will never die. It's Powerjuice. I'll be telling my grandchildren about it.

LemonMelon said:
For the record, Powerjuice will never die. It's Powerjuice. I'll be telling my grandchildren about it.

I still don't get this, and I even saw New South Wales's explanation of how it came about. Every time I see you lot mention it, I think of Powersauce from The Simpsons.

That's because Powerjuice has been confirmed and you disrespect confirmation as a whole.

Thus, Powerjuice goes sailing over your head.

Back to the topic, I absolutely love Bono's version of that song, heart-breakingly beautiful, a great application of his vocal talent.

Varitek said:

I don't have either of these and I'd love them. I'd also love a couple soundtrack songs - Sweet Fire of Love, Conversation on a Barstool, That's Life, and Time Enough for Tears (I know not all of these are performed by U2/U2 members). I'm yourwildhorses @ gmail.com if you care to share.

As for sharing an entire anthology, I think 2 things:
1) A written list of it would be helpful for people who are getting into U2 and don't know what's out there that they might not have. Sites like U2wanderer have this, but all scattered on different pages.
2) There are the mega uploads, etc, but I'm not sure how kosher it would be to share the whole thing, if that includes all the easily-purchaseable albums that have been released. You don't want to enable pirating of that stuff. But the more obscure stuff could probably be shared.

I have some of these already and I'll try to send them your way soon.

I am not familiar with two songs you listed though (Conversation... and Time Enough..). Thanks for the heads up! :) If you know more about these songs, please share. There are so many little things that U2 have contributed to, that I am trying to focus on the obvious - like where it's clearly Edge's guitar or Bono's vocals, or where the band or band members are properly recognized. If there's a small bit played by a band member (Bono on harmonica, for example), I tend to pass on that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom