Don't Expect, Can't Suggest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
As we all get ramped up for official new album news, I just wanted to put out a few words of caution.

1). We've heard Lanois say that the feeling in the band hasn't been this way since Achtung Baby. Do not expect the new album to be Achtung Baby.

2). We've heard Lanois and others say that the new album is "innovative." "Innovative" does not necessarily equal "electronic." Do not expect Kid A. "Innovative" does not necessarily equal funky or dark. Do not expect Zooropa, Passengers, or Pop.

3). We've heard beach clips. We've heard HQ clips. We've heard U2.com blips. Do not expect the album to sound like what you think you hear in beach/HQ/U2.com clips. You need several hands to count the number of people who liked what they thought they heard on the HTDAAB beach clips and then were disappointed by the tracks on the album. No matter how much you think you've cleaned up the staticky, muffled track, it's not the same.

Suggestions? Too late. The album's finished. Details on the 17th. :wink:

haha! i can picture all of us a month from now waiting for the next morning to hear details.

Utoo did NOT say that I shouldn't be waiting for The Unforgettable Fire pt.2, so consider me excited :hyper:

:wink:

As we all get ramped up for official new album news, I just wanted to put out a few words of caution.

1). We've heard Lanois say that the feeling in the band hasn't been this way since Achtung Baby. Do not expect the new album to be Achtung Baby.

2). We've heard Lanois and others say that the new album is "innovative." "Innovative" does not necessarily equal "electronic." Do not expect Kid A. "Innovative" does not necessarily equal funky or dark. Do not expect Zooropa, Passengers, or Pop.

3). We've heard beach clips. We've heard HQ clips. We've heard U2.com blips. Do not expect the album to sound like what you think you hear in beach/HQ/U2.com clips. You need several hands to count the number of people who liked what they thought they heard on the HTDAAB beach clips and then were disappointed by the tracks on the album. No matter how much you think you've cleaned up the staticky, muffled track, it's not the same.

no matter what happens, no matter how good it is, i'm going to be disappointed. and i'm going to present my disappointment in a way that makes it seem like i'm really brave and uncompromising and ready to take a difficult stand against conventional wisdom.

and i can't wait to write posts about how Pop is way more challenging and innovative, you know, back when McGuinne$$ wasn't co-producing everything.

it's gonna be awesome! :up:

no matter what happens, no matter how good it is, i'm going to be disappointed. and i'm going to present my disappointment in a way that makes it seem like i'm really brave and uncompromising and ready to take a difficult stand against conventional wisdom.

and i can't wait to write posts about how Pop is way more challenging and innovative, you know, back when McGuinne$$ wasn't co-producing everything.

it's gonna be awesome! :up:

so you and Shaun Vox ARE the same person?!?!?! :ohmy: :wink:

:up: :up:

well said.
we shouldnt form any opinions on the album now.

I'm going into this album expecting it to sound like 2009 U2. :hyper:

Until then, I'm just gonna keep listening to Chinese Democracy. :lol:

Right on! :up: :up: :up:

17th eh? Thats today. :wink:

Oh yeah, we'll get there soon enough. Maybe i'm a bit lucky that its only 9am-odd where I live. :wink:

4) Bono, Edge, Danny, et al have said that it will be an album. Do not expect it to ever be released. However, if it is released, do not expect it to be Chinese Democracy.

- Danny Lanois said Bono is singing like a bird, Bono may not have actually turned into a bird.

- Although U2 have said they are releasing an Album, they may not release the derrier of a guy called Al.

- Danny Lanois said Bono is singing like a bird, Bono may not have actually turned into a bird.

- Although U2 have said they are releasing an Album, they may not release the derrier of a guy called Al.

well a crow is a bird. so is an ostrich.
or maybe Bono's chanelling the emu that almost killed Johnny Cash? or perhaps a Mayna, so he could sound like a starling on one track, a blackbird on a second one, and a cash machine on the other one?

Don't judge or expect what was 'almost' heard on the Beach Clips, as Edge has said that they dumped the things they'd done with Rick Rubin, much of which dates backs to around the time of the 'infamous' Beach Clips.

Back
Top Bottom