Don't believe the hype? - NLOTH General Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how The Killers never got leaked???

I mean, people must have thought: "Meh... it's The Killers...why bother??"

:wink:

ill also tell you that the day i found out HTDAAB leaked was one of the longest ones ever!

It leaked about 10 minutes before I had to leave to play cricket. Our net connection wasn't too quick, so I had to leave it, play cricket for 9 hours, then find it, download the songs (took over an hour), burn the cd and que it up... excrutiating!

I admire ANYONE who can withstand the pressure and wait the other two weeks knowing that its there, ready for them

I wonder how The Killers never got leaked???

I mean, people must have thought: "Meh... it's The Killers...why bother??"

:wink:

watch your tongue sir! :wink:

i have no idea. They were pretty careful with the release.

I had two weeks of scouring the internet and refreshing forums, knowing it would eb there any second, and it just never came

the second NLOTH leaks is the second it's downloaded onto my PC and burned onto a CD. for me, the difficult part will be NOT listening to it on my computer but having the patience to wait the 4-6 minutes to burn it to disc so i can throw that bad boy in my car.

the second NLOTH leaks is the second it's downloaded onto my PC and burned onto a CD. for me, the difficult part will be NOT listening to it on my computer but having the patience to wait the 4-6 minutes to burn it to disc so i can throw that bad boy in my car.

:up: this

I actually think ill listen to it off the computer. Not through the laptop speakers, but through my headphones (good Sennheiser ones).

My stereo at home isn't too great, and I can't justify the drive with fuel prices :lol:

watch your tongue sir! :wink:

i have no idea. They were pretty careful with the release.

I had two weeks of scouring the internet and refreshing forums, knowing it would eb there any second, and it just never came

I'm too lazy to search... but from which label Killers are? Universal?

:lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure I'm a problematic person. I own 7 year old headphones that came with a discman. I've bought five-six new headphones in the last few years cause well, people were saying that I was stupid to listen to music in my headphones. I tried, but it's like the song sound so much better in my old headphones. I don't what's wrong with me.

Btw, I see no difference in the remasters.
I know, I have a problem.

^But them all the other songs sound so weird. :sad:
My ears suck! :wink:

Thanks for the tip mate.

I might try it... I know a guy that can bring one of those for a good price. If I buy it'll probably be the seventh headphone I buy. The other six I sold to friends and returned to my old fella.

ive had those for nearly 2 years and haven't had a single problem.

They have a 3 metre cable, so you can sit on the lounge and have it plugged into the TV, and the bass reproduction for the price is phenominal

ive had those for nearly 2 years and haven't had a single problem.

They have a 3 metre cable, so you can sit on the lounge and have it plugged into the TV, and the bass reproduction for the price is phenominal

:hmm:
Well, it's 4:50 AM here... too late to make those kind of decisions. I'll talk to someone tomorrow about this.

But thanks!! :wave:

I don't know how I'm going to resist the temptation if it leaks 5 + days before the official release, but I'd really prefer to hear it for the first time on vinyl, sitting on my couch, with no distractions and a nice cup of blue mountain tea. Or I could for a drive ... I'll have to find somewhere far enough away! And worth the cost of the trip in petrol! So I guess I'm kind of hoping that Universal keeps a tight leash on Bono this time. I don't want to listen to it for the first time on a shabby quality burnt cd. Somehow that just doesn't seem worthy of a new U2 album.

I don't know how I'm going to resist the temptation if it leaks 5 + days before the official release, but I'd really prefer to hear it for the first time on vinyl, sitting on my couch, with no distractions and a nice cup of blue mountain tea. Or I could for a drive ... I'll have to find somewhere far enough away! And worth the cost of the trip in petrol! So I guess I'm kind of hoping that Universal keeps a tight leash on Bono this time. I don't want to listen to it for the first time on a shabby quality burnt cd. Somehow that just doesn't seem worthy of a new U2 album.

0 Trouble for me, i will listen the new album when i'll get it in my hands....i don't care about the Leak!!

Whoooaaaaa what the fuc#! 6th or 7th best from Achtung Baby????? Me needs to sit down and absorb that ridiculous statement about probably the best song U2 have EVER done. In fact, its not probably, but IS the best song they have ever done. Are u on drugs. The Fly is a superb song from their best album. The best song on the album. What 5 tracks are better than the fly from AB? I'm not bothered that it was the first single, that means FA to me.

I agree about the statements regarding basing a single track on the quality of the album. Although I do think that GOYB is a good song its not anywhere near as good as The Fly and I'm pretty certain (having listened to the beach clips for a general idea) its not the best track on the album.

But the fly only being 6th or 7th best from AB???? Now thats just plain ridiculous!:lol:

Umm, that's ok, but I kind of agree with the person you were responding to, even if I wouldn't rate Fly that low, but for me it's certainly not the best song on AB. To be honest, over years I didn't think much of The Fly, I have never got quite the hype and I found it boring live. What got me back to like the track and find it interesting was seeing U2:3D. I just don't get the whole Fly comparison, that song is certainly not the standard other U2 songs should be measured by. It was good back then but wouldn't work today. U2 cannot depart like they did with AB back in the 90s because they have done it all, what should they depart from?

And for other people's opinion on GOYB: I think it's very clear that there will always be people who are hating on U2, no matter what they do, and the internet just brings out the worst sometimes. I had a fight with someone over a comment on You Tube because I dared to disagree with him about U2, he had written a very aggressive piece, insulting people and so on. The idiot wrote me a couple of really disturbing e-mails. I just thought: Wow what an idiot, can't he just accept that I have a different opinion on that?

Yesterday I was on a forum where we discussed the newly announced Springsteen concert in our city which will be in July. There were people who were really enthusiastic and looking forward to Bruce coming here and finally playing in your city again, but some of them were just plain idiots. One of them asked me if I was in a geriatric institution because that's where people belong who listen to Springsteen music. :lol:

So, not all of these comments are really based on honest opinion, most of them are made simply out of stupidity, boredom, bitterness or ignorance. I tend to ignore opinions of random people on the internet, because otherwise it would drive you crazy. People can be so spiteful and anyone can leave their crap on the internet.

Here's my feeling with GOYB in relation to the rest of the album...

GOYB is not your typical overly poppy, melodically cheap, catchy lead single. It's challenging, and I think that because it is such a challenging listen, it will naturally grow on people rather than bore them. Vertigo received a positive response immediately, but wore off rather quickly. As many have said before, by the time HTDAAB was released, they were already incredibly sick of Vertigo. I think that this time, those who like GOYB now will like it just as much, probably even more, and those who currently dislike GOYB will find it an easier listen in context, giving them a good opportunity to give it another chance and like it a little bit. And if NLOTH is truly brilliant, GOYB will become just an "ok" song when put against the rest the album...and if so, I think GOYB will benefit greatly, and the rest of the album will be solidified as a result. When the most challenging listen becomes acceptable, it can only grow on the listener. Vertigo, on the other hand, led off the album and was so easy to like from the onset that it became rather dull once the album was released. It had no chance of growing on anyone because everything to know about the song was already known.

about the leaks..
it seems to me that in last year record companies got better in controling the leeks.
Look at new cd's from Killers and Coldplay

Even new cd from Animal Collective leaked only few days before it's release, and that was not a good leak :)

So I'm afraid and glad at the same time of the possibility that we will have to wait untill the release day

In Bonnie's case? Probably something from the darkest depths of Kyrgyzstan.

I don't believe the hype.

I didn't believe it with ATYCLB, despite having a great first single Beautiful Day

I didn't believe it with HTDAAB with a mediocre first single Vertigo

How could I believe the NLOTH hype with a crap single like Boots?

:doh:

I didn't believe it with ATYCLB, despite having a great first single Beautiful Day

your opinion, your problem... :down:

I only believed the hype once, with ATYCLB... for two reasons. 1) I really liked the stuff from M$H soundtrack, 2) early review from RS calling the album the 3rd masterpiece etc :blahblah: (man, were they wrong :doh:)

To be honest (this is my 4th album wait), I've never been this calm waiting for U2's new album.
:shrug: I really don't know why, I just am...

and i put you in the category of people that have already decided that they won't like the album no matter what it sounds like.

and i put you in the category of people that have already decided that they won't like the album no matter what it sounds like.

Same here, i said it even before the single, there will be people who no matter will come here and say they dont like it, i would actually name them but am not gonna do that, because i think we all know who they are.

Yeah, it would be interesting to have some people who'd like to discuss why they don't like GOYB instead of just whining. I think there are some discussions worth having.

Back
Top Bottom