Don't believe the hype? - NLOTH General Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't want the production to be crap. Horrid production can ruin a perfectly good song. When i hear the rockiest tune on this album, i wanna soar with it and not be distracted by awful distortion and cheap gimicky bleeps sweeps and creeps.

That said, i predict No Line will be a great tune considering it's a title track. When have they ever released a bad title track? They wouldn't name the album after the song if it wasn't good. It's like if they named Bomb "Miracle Drug" or "All Because of You" (come to think, Bomb was a line taken from "Fast Cars", which was the best song from that period...see my logic?)

I think Stand Up Comedy can go either way. Bono has proven he's got no shame when it comes to the cheese. I hope he has written lyrics that don't resort to soft protest bumber sticker slogans.

Crazy Tonight better be the weird schizo pop number they say it is. I wanna hear a really great pop song, one that is intricately written and melodically unbelievable. Please don't tell me it features a Will.I.Am rap solo. I wanna hear a spector sounding masterpiece drenched in reverb. Good, warm, authentic reverb, not pro tools crap.

^^But then he can't use "will" in the question :shrug:

There's some people that just doesn't know how to play along.

That said, i predict No Line will be a great tune considering it's a title track. When have they ever released a bad title track? They wouldn't name the album after the song if it wasn't good.

Do we know for sure if No Line-(the title track) is the punk version or the stranger version? I can't remember.

^ amen Sicy.

The hype this time around is very different to Bomb. With Bmob, it was only really Bono and Edge that said anything. This time, it seems the only one not saying anything is Bono.

I think he's been muzzled, but replacing that is the genuine excitment of Eno and Lanois, and just about everyone who's heard it, so I guess we wont know until we hear it, but I for one am very excited

That's true .. Bono always saying "edge is on fire etcetc" .... now there lots of more people claiming this. I really really hope so ... 1 and 6 days left

I expect the album to get mostly bad reviews, because it's U2 and bad reviews are something to expect at this stage of their carreers. It doesn't matter what they do or how they do it, critics will still bitch about it. Personally I know a couple of critics who have already made up their mind about the album without having heard it, just because it has the name U2 on it. I usually don't care about reviews, if I like it, it's all that matters. But I predict some major drama on this board when the reviews come in.

Personally, I don't have any concrete expectations. I just hope U2 aren't trying too hard to be experimental. I am so excited to hear new U2 music again, so whatever will come is fine for me. Of course there will be things I like more and some I like less, but overall, I'm just open to everything that may come.

I believe this could be a killer album. I don't know much at this state though. But judging on the Beach clips alone; I really hated beach clip 3 which now turned out to be a pretty cool song, but I totally loved the others I heard. So fingers crossed :D

It's impossible for me to reserve judgment on this album. Pretty much everyone who has heard it has said it could be their best work ever. I don't necessarily believe that per se but I do expect it to be a great album. I want to hear a balance between classic U2 and some experimentation.

While I really like GOYB, I'd like to see some songs with more depth and I think we'll get to see that.

I'm excited, I think the reviews will probably be good (ATYCLB and Bomb both did really well), and I think it has a chance to be a pretty damn hugely successful album. It's #1 on iTunes and Amazon 6 weeks before the release. Week one is gonna be huge.
:hyper:

I believe this could be a killer album. I don't know much at this state though. But judging on the Beach clips alone; I really hated beach clip 3 which now turned out to be a pretty cool song, but I totally loved the others I heard. So fingers crossed :D

same feeling here.... i didn't hate it but it was my least favourite one

My expectations were very high before I heard GOYB. Maybe that is why I was disappointed in GOYB. Now my expectations for the album is lower, but I should maybe not judge anything based on just one song. It might be a good thing, though, that my expectations are lower now, because I noticed what my high expectations for GOYB did to me. Lookig forward to the new album anyway, of course.

After listening to the beach clip I knew what to expect so my expectations were geared towards the differences between the two. Knowing that Unknown Caller, Magnificent, and Breathe sound great in unfinished beach clips I'm definately positive about what's coming. With all those epic songs coming GOYB fits in perfectly for a lighter sound. That Said interview said it was a dreamy record which is what I'm looking for right now.

For some reason I'm just so unconcerned and for lack of a better term a bit blase about the whole thing. I acknowledge that the album is coming, but I'm more excited because of what the release of a new album means ie more opportunities to see them live. GOYB so far is doing little for me in terms of raising my U2 hype or getting me pumped for a new album, to be honest :shrug:

I enjoyed listening to the NLOTH Beach Clips more than I've ever enjoyed HTDAAB as a finished album... so that bodes well for me!

Back
Top Bottom