Does anyone know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rhyming is fine when it's inconspicuous and flow nicely. That paticular rhyme sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, I think I could write a better song than 'crumbs' in my sleep.

How about you try and write a better song. :wink:

Btw, I met Daniel johns from Silverchair at a Sydney afterparty last night and we got talking about u2. He said he'd heard a rough cut of 6 tracks from 'NLOTH' and that it reminded him of achtung baby and ok computer. He said sonically it is 'pushing it'. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Sounds like he was mighty impressed though

Wow, thanks. So you must live in Sydney?

The Mix of ABOY was the worst imo... I actually like his mix of Crumbs :reject:
:yes: I don't mind the mix on Crumbs that much, but the album version of ABOY is excruciating. The alternate and single versions sound, much, much better. Adam's bass sound in the alternate version is :drool:

Rhyming is fine when it's inconspicuous and flow nicely. That paticular rhyme sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, I think I could write a better song than 'crumbs' in my sleep.

Btw, I met Daniel johns from Silverchair at a Sydney afterparty last night and we got talking about u2. He said he'd heard a rough cut of 6 tracks from 'NLOTH' and that it reminded him of achtung baby and ok computer. He said sonically it is 'pushing it'. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Sounds like he was mighty impressed though...

we get it, you dont like HTDAAB :rolleyes:

Daniel Johns hasn't written a good song in over 10 years, so his judgement may be a bit off. Very promising though.

Daniel Johns is a meh songwriter in a meh band in my opinion, but he looks like he likes the bits of the album he was given to. Indeed very promising.

Yeah, Crumbs is quite a good track, its just the production letting it down, the intro riff kinda hurt my ears a bit, its a good riff but it sounded so sharp and loud and maybe too perfect. Plus when Bono sings "with a mouth full of teeth/you ate all your friends" at "you ate" you can hear this glitch/growl in Bono's voice, it cracks me up sometimes. :D

The guitar intro to All Because of You is quite loud. As is the beginning of Mercy.

The guitar intro to All Because of You is quite loud. As is the beginning of Mercy.

I totally loved the intro to ABOY and the rest of the song on the album!!
Crumbs was a horrible mix, edge's cool guitar work was murdered.... Also the 'ate' was done well, lowering Bono's voice a few octaves was interesting!
I actually liked all the layers in COBL, what left the sour taste in my mouth were some of the lyrics!

I just hope you all dont complain about the layers in GOYB and NLOTH, maybe 1 or 2 more will have multiple layers if the descriptions are correct.

Btw, I met Daniel johns from Silverchair at a Sydney afterparty last night and we got talking about u2. He said he'd heard a rough cut of 6 tracks from 'NLOTH' and that it reminded him of achtung baby and ok computer. He said sonically it is 'pushing it'. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Sounds like he was mighty impressed though...

Daniel John's doesn't really have an agenda so this coming from him is exciting news!

And p.s. you met Daniel Johns at an afterparty in Sydney?! Was it Sydney Festival related?

Great everybody here staying on topic ! I mean, morphing this thread in a discussion about "Crumsb" etc....

(Hé mods??)

I still don't know if Flood is involved in the new album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_(producer)

At the beginning of 2007, he co-produced PJ Harvey's album White Chalk with John Parish and PJ Harvey (released in September 2007).
He also produced the Goldfrapp album Seventh Tree, which was released in February 2008.
In late 2007/early 2008, he produced Sigur Rós's new album Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust in Iceland.[1]
Flood and Paul Hartnoll of Orbital co-produced the 2008 album by The Music, Strength In Numbers.
Currently recording an album for 30 Seconds to Mars.

Pff here goes the flood bashing train again. They needed to have more time on POP and it wasnt there. Flood did a very good job, POP is still considerd one of their better albums by many people here.

Back
Top Bottom