Does anyone actually believe Songs of Experience comes out in 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't really think Apple would think of U2 as toxic. Unless Apple starts caring about idiot teenagers on Twitter which has never been heir target market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not sure that they would. I don't think this affected Apple adversely whatsoever. Aren't the 6 and 6+ iPhones considered wild successes for Apple? And the week after SOI was released, all of U2's catalog received a huge bump in sales on iTunes -- doubt Apple minded that.

If anything, I'd think U2 would have more hesitation going forward than the other way around -- they are the ones who took the killing in the media.

But hey, it's totally possible they'll never work together again. Maybe Apple wouldn't want to, maybe U2 wouldn't, or maybe they both just don't want to. It still won't shock me in the least IF and when SOE comes out in the near-ish future (if anything, I think the takeaway out of all this will be U2 getting super cold feet with SOE), that it's tied in with some sort of new Apple interactive app/listening/viewing experience.

I just don't really think Apple would think of U2 as toxic. Unless Apple starts caring about idiot teenagers on Twitter which has never been heir target market.

No, I agree, I don't think they see them that way either. I'm just saying if they did, no contract could tie them to U2. Apple could afford to just walk away.

No, I agree, I don't think they see them that way either. I'm just saying if they did, no contract could tie them to U2. Apple could afford to just walk away.

Ah that makes sense. In that case I agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they should scrap anything it should be the title. I understand they have a theme going but I think from a PR stand point - ditch the title and have a new album name. Anything tied with "songs of..." will just continue to circle around the release method of SOI and over shadow potentially better songs on the new record.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

1. Very few bands other then U2 would have ever been afforded the opportunity to release an album in this matter with a technology company that has such a wide reach of customers.

2. It proved one thing U2 is a well known band that people have opinions about whether good or bad. I don't think that if some unknown artists showed up in peoples iTunes catalog that it would have made such a big splash on social media.

3. The U2 tour is selling well worldwide with high ticket prices, it goes to show that while some people may not like them or what they stand for that quite a few people do.

I don't think this record will tarnish U2 in any way shape or form, on the other hand Popmart playing to half empty stadiums in some markets was an insult to their ego if nothing else.

We will see how the songs play out live if people want to see them or if they don't.

1. Very few bands other then U2 would have ever been afforded the opportunity to release an album in this matter with a technology company that has such a wide reach of customers.

2. It proved one thing U2 is a well known band that people have opinions about whether good or bad. I don't think that if some unknown artists showed up in peoples iTunes catalog that it would have made such a big splash on social media.

3. The U2 tour is selling well worldwide with high ticket prices, it goes to show that while some people may not like them or what they stand for that quite a few people do.

I don't think this record will tarnish U2 in any way shape or form, on the other hand Popmart playing to half empty stadiums in some markets was an insult to their ego if nothing else.

We will see how the songs play out live if people want to see them or if they don't.

Well said. In addition to you're first point, U2 is the ONLY band/artist to have their own iPod. (This must really piss off ego maniac Kanye West :angry:) :lol:

apple_ipod_u2_5g.jpg

I'm naive enough to go with a "Yes"; shortly after the last date in Nov 2015 to coincide with holiday sales and freshen up for Spring 2016.

Now it's on them to prove me wrong.

If they play it. It's still considered a bonus track and may not make the list because of all the actual SOI album songs available that most likely would be chosen as a part of the final set list the band starts the tour with.

Well, they did play the likes of Fast Cars a few times on the Vertigo tour, so maybe anything is possible.

What makes you think that?

No one has to agree to anything. If U2 and Apple have a contract for U2 to be tied to some future Apple product, and Apple decides U2 is toxic, they can walk away, period. No contract can force Apple to partner with U2 if Apple doesn't want to, contract or no.

Yeah, I'm not sure that they would. I don't think this affected Apple adversely whatsoever. Aren't the 6 and 6+ iPhones considered wild successes for Apple? And the week after SOI was released, all of U2's catalog received a huge bump in sales on iTunes -- doubt Apple minded that.

If anything, I'd think U2 would have more hesitation going forward than the other way around -- they are the ones who took the killing in the media.

But hey, it's totally possible they'll never work together again. Maybe Apple wouldn't want to, maybe U2 wouldn't, or maybe they both just don't want to. It still won't shock me in the least IF and when SOE comes out in the near-ish future (if anything, I think the takeaway out of all this will be U2 getting super cold feet with SOE), that it's tied in with some sort of new Apple interactive app/listening/viewing experience.

To those of you who think Apple wants nothing further to ever do with U2, or that they're going to just "walk away", need I remind you of something you probably see most days (if you have any Apple products at all):

u2-artists.jpg

Yeah, Apple's not just going to say "fuck it" and never have anything to do with U2 again.

What makes you think that?

False hope...most likely :sexywink:

I was just thinking what other reason (apart from an upcoming tour) there could be for a weekly review of all of u2's previous albums on a website related to Universal (u2's record company).

False hope...most likely :sexywink:

I was just thinking what other reason (apart from an upcoming tour) there could be for a weekly review of all of u2's previous albums on a website related to Universal (u2's record company).

Other than to sell records?

Truly think they intended to have the album out before the tour started, and the supposed highly varied setlists were to be songs played from innocence night 1 and experience night 2. But i think Bono's accident really set them back :sad: Who knows though.

Apple's new streaming service is set to be released in spring or summer 2015. I guess this would match the release of SOE. The tour is starting at that time too.
Now it's too quiet and I think the will relaunch their campaign by releasing SOE and the new tour. This sounds very plausible......

Apple's new streaming service is set to be released in spring or summer 2015. I guess this would match the release of SOE. The tour is starting at that time too.
Now it's too quiet and I think the will relaunch their campaign by releasing SOE and the new tour. This sounds very plausible......

Maybe, but.... the guys said SOE was 70% done late last year, and we know how long it takes U2 to complete 30% of an album, especially with a singer that was laid up and in pain.

The way they were talking, the streaming service is a totally different "thing" to the new format of "experience music" that Bono was talking about.

Maybe, but.... the guys said SOE was 70% done late last year, and we know how long it takes U2 to complete 30% of an album, especially with a singer that was laid up and in pain.

Actually we don't know how much it takes them to finish it with a singer that is laid up and in pain... Maybe this way it only takes them a couple of weeks?

I think as we get closer to the tour, the interviews will be telling. If the band starts dodging questions or gets very vague/non committal about SOE, then I think we can close the book on the possibility of this album coming out during the tour, if ever.

On the contrary, if they talk about the album just like they were in the months following the release of SOI, then there's reason for optimism.

Also, I still don't get the "Apple won't want to partner with U2 anymore" scenario. The album release simply wasn't as doom and gloom as some of you are making it out to be. :rolleyes:

I doubt Apple gives a damn how the album release went as far as U2's album sales. They got a crapload of publicity and people bought more U2 albums from their back catalogue, so for Apple it's pretty much a success.

When you DOA google search for "apple u2" these are the results on the first page...

Analyzing Apple's U2 Mistake - Forbes

Remove iTunes gift album "Songs of Innocence ... - Apple Support

Apple's $100 million U2 debacle - CBS News

Apple releases one-click tool to delete the U2 album you didn't want

Exclusive: U2 and Apple Have Another Surprise for You | TIME

Bono Apologizes For The New U2 Album Taking Over Your Apple Devices

U2's Bono issues apology for automatic Apple iTunes album

Apple offers a way to 'return' that free U2 album - CNN.com

Apple's Devious U2 Album Giveaway Is Even Worse Than Spam

BBC News - Apple releases U2 album removal tool

... but no, everything went peachy.

It's especially nice that the first search result is an analysis if what went wrong by a company that is partially owned by Bono, and the second one is a link to Apple themselves telling you how to get rid of it.

So overblown.

I doubt Apple gives a damn how the album release went as far as U2's album sales. They got a crapload of publicity and people bought more U2 albums from their back catalogue, so for Apple it's pretty much a success.

Yep, exactly. On top of that, U2 took the heat for a mistake that Apple made.

Imagine a scenario where you screw up, you see a boost in your partner's sales (which also positively affects your revenue), and all the negative press gets put on your partner.

Again, why would Apple not want to do business with U2 again? :wink:

Yeah it's pretty negative publicity, but I wouldn't just say that the album went down the shitter just because of the album release method. And that apple would invoke their partnership with U2 just because of this.

Back
Top Bottom