Do we have the writing credits GOYB??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The single states the following, though I'm only assuming that it's writing credits:

Get On Your Boots - Brian Eno, U2, Daniel Lanois, Declan Gaffney, Richard Rainey, Carl Glanville, Terry Lawless, Sam O'Sullivan

Odd that there are so many people.....so it may not be the writing credits. :scratch: Notice that Eno is first....

I don't think so.
The iTunes track has no writing/production credits on it.

Haha I thought that said Dean Gaffney then.

*something only mildly interesting for Brits/viewers of Extras/viewers of Eastenders*

The single states the following, though I'm only assuming that it's writing credits:

Get On Your Boots - Brian Eno, U2, Daniel Lanois, Declan Gaffney, Richard Rainey, Carl Glanville, Terry Lawless, Sam O'Sullivan

Odd that there are so many people.....so it may not be the writing credits. :scratch: Notice that Eno is first....

Looks more like performance credits to me.

My iTunes track just states "U2 & Bono" under composer. Last time I checked Bono was a member of U2 wasn't it?? hehehe

Haha I thought that said Dean Gaffney then.

*something only mildly interesting for Brits/viewers of Extras/viewers of Eastenders*

Having listened to it I think probably Dean Gaffney did write it!
:applaud:

Only kidding, I think its quite good.

Yeah that list has to be performance credits. Interesting...has Terry been included on single credits before? I'm too lazy to check :lol:

According to his website yes, on Window in The Skies.

They must be all credits together, probably writing, production, engineering, mix, mix engineering, additional musicians and assistants, etc...

Can't wait to see them borken down. In any case I'm happy that the "many cooks" did not spoil the broth and the song isn't over-produced!

Santiago

"Get On Your Boots" Credits (from U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa?ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 Gira 2009, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2, who got it from u2forums

Catalog #: U2BOOTS1
Get On Your Boots (3:24)

Music by U2
Lyrics by Bono
Produced by Brian Eno and Danny Lanois
Additional production by Declan Gaffney
Engineered by Richard Rainey
Additional engineering by Declan Gaffney and Carl Glanville
Mixed by Declan Gaffney
Keyboards by Terry Lawless
Additional percussion by Sam O’Sullivan
Published by Universal Music Publishing BV

So it looks like the Dec. mix written in the studio board refers to "mixed by Declan Gaffney".

Well done Dec!

"Get On Your Boots" Credits (from U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa�ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 Gira 2009, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2, who got it from u2forums

Music by U2
Lyrics by Bono
Mixed by Declan Gaffney

Cool to see proper credit given :up:

"Get On Your Boots" Credits (from U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa�ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 Gira 2009, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2, who got it from u2forums

Music by U2
Lyrics by Bono
Mixed by Declan Gaffney

Wow, such a poppy song and Steve Lillywhite didn't even have anything to do with it!

Wow, such a poppy song and Steve Lillywhite didn't even have anything to do with it!

It's weird, I see a lot of comments suggesting this, and then other comments saying the opposite, that it's not poppy at all and it's one of the most challenging singles they've ever put out.....

It's weird, I see a lot of comments suggesting this, and then other comments saying the opposite, that it's not poppy at all and it's one of the most challenging singles they've ever put out.....

Yeah, I think it's going to take a few weeks until people are able to describe this song in at least a semi-reasonable manner.

Back
Top Bottom