Different Sessions? Old vs. Newish Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahittle

Refugee
Sorry if this is a redundant thread.

After a quick initial listen to the beach clips, I didn't really return to them. I recognize some of the material from those pieces.

But could anyone enlighten me about the oldest songs on the album vs. the most recent ones? Seems like the band had some bumps putting the whole thing together at the last minute. Are any of the NLOTH songs last-minute panic tunes meant to balance the album?

Anyone?

The band never mentioned making a new song at the last minute, although a few songs were being mixed up to the last minute. I believe every song save F-BB was mentioned back in Q Magazine (November/December?), and we know songs like MOS and Unknown Caller they came up with pretty quickly in Fez.

Was GOYB from the same period? Didn't the guys mention that they were delaying the release because they were having such good luck at writing? Do we know if any completely new songs came from these recent writing sessions?

I think they had too many songs to put on the album. They were juggling songs in and out of the track list.

There is some footage from the Observer (can't look it up right now) where Bono is quoted as saying they *rewrote* a couple of songs in the last 24 hours (apart from mixing some and ditching a few). Not sure how literally we should take this. Look for Making of NLOTH II on Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom