Did u2 Throw us a Curveball with BOOTS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonou2737

The Fly
I just cannot see who or why they choose BOOTS, i have a friend mad U2 fan who was so concerned about this album based on that one song....he heard the album today and is BLOWN AWAY by it...point is has BOOTS damaged any potential sales or fans from getting this absolute classic, and mark my words this will go down as one of their best when they hang up the mics.

Throw us of the scent maybe lol?

Dan

I, like a few of us on here, really like Boots and think it fits nicely in the grand scheme of things as track #6.

U2 didn't want to give any hints of how great NLOTH will be thus making people go out and listen to it for themselves.

I like Boots, I think it's a good first single.

I love the album, but I doubt there's much real "single material" on there.

I agree that Boots as a first single is so "Fly" or "Numb".

That's truly giving the rest of the music industry the middle finger.

"Boots" is arguably the catchiest song on the album and certainly the most radio friendly. While it may not be the most accurate representative of the album, it made the most commercial sense.....I don't think it was a shocking choice on U2's end at all and nothing else from the album will exceed it in popularity.

Poor single choice, but works wonderful in context.
You actually realize how incredibly fast for U2 standards the song is after the drifting through the first half of the album.

Back
Top Bottom