Did the new version of Red Hill Mining Town leak out yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More lameness? You're the one who referred to me as an "it" and "retarded" and you wonder why I wound up getting nasty?
I wasn't calling you an it. I was quoting what I thought was a well known meme. The meme was about a dog. The dog was an it, not you. I admit that "retarded" was a little bit harsh.

But I'm really curious about you redhill. Are you okay? Do you have a healthy way to deal with the stress in your life? Do you need to talk to someone? I'm being serious. I've laid my weapons down. I'm not here to attack you. I am genuinely concerned for you,

Count me as a casual poster/lurker who is really done with redhill. I appreciate the random flame-out now and then for comedic value, but sorry buddy- you've been making this place, ghost town that it is, not fun.

And BTW, RHMT2017 is up on US iTunes.

So my wife and I listened to the new version tonight and I always find it interesting to hear a casual fan's take on U2's music. I appreciate the new take on Red Hill; love discovering the buried layers of the original track and the vocals are amazing and although she agrees with me about the vocals she was definitely not on board with the new instrumental. The horns sounded too Beatle-esque for her taste. Regardless, we're both stoked about seeing them in Vancouver opening night

Has it occurred to you that when a lot of regulars as well as lurkers are speaking up about the way you conduct yourself, that maybe you need to take a break, or revaluate how you're interacting with people?

It's like that saying about if you feel like you're dealing with assholes all day...

I can tell you right now that when the mods go through this thread they're going to identify you as the problem person here, not everyone complaining about you.
Am I a lurker or a regular. You leave me hanging on....

EDIT: holding on. I just woke up

Last edited:
So my wife and I listened to the new version tonight and I always find it interesting to hear a casual fan's take on U2's music. I appreciate the new take on Red Hill; love discovering the buried layers of the original track and the vocals are amazing and although she agrees with me about the vocals she was definitely not on board with the new instrumental. The horns sounded too Beatle-esque for her taste. Regardless, we're both stoked about seeing them in Vancouver opening night

Have a great time! I can see how the horns may not be someone's cup of tea, but they certainly did a great job of offering a worthy alternate version. I am genuinely excited to see what the other alternate versions and mixes will be like

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just couldn't help yourself?

I was right about this and I'm right about Larry's reservations.

I'm sure you won't be mature enough to admit that when it's proven.

redhill, if you were the sole person, the lone voice, in U2 fandom, who was saying that Larry was unhappy with what the band is doing, and that Bono didn't sing Red Hill Town b/c he couldn't hit the notes, you might have claim to fame.

But you can't exactly claim to be Nostradamus and play I told you so when a good number of U2 fans believe the same and have said so. Especially with regards to Red Hill Town, in which case it had pretty much become conventional wisdom that Bono couldn't sing the song. In fact it was so much conventional wisdom that when I looked a couple weeks ago I couldn't find anything other than fan speculation to back it up (which is as good a reason as any to question it). Bono didn't make some earth shattering revelation that proved you a seer; he confirmed what most people already suspected.

Pretty much everyone on this forum thought the same about Red Hill town, but you're the only one saying "I told you so" and demanding acknowledgement that you guessed right. Come on here and say something genuinely against the grain and contrary to conventional wisdom, that hasn't been repeated by countless fans before you, and then be proven right, and maybe you'll earn the props you so desperately crave (though don't count on it).

Until then, you ain't so special, snowflake.

Last edited:
redhill, if you were the sole person, the lone voice, in U2 fandom, who was saying that Larry was unhappy with what the band is doing, and that Bono didn't sing Red Hill Town b/c he couldn't hit the notes, you might have claim to fame.

But you can't exactly claim to be Nostradamus and play I told you so when a good number of U2 fans believe the same and have said so. Especially with regards to Red Hill Town, in which case it had pretty much become conventional wisdom that Bono couldn't sing the song. In fact it was so much conventional wisdom that when I looked a couple weeks ago I couldn't find anything other than fan speculation to back it up (which is as good a reason as any to question it). Bono didn't make some earth shattering revelation that proved you a seer; he confirmed what most people already suspected.

Pretty much everyone on this forum thought the same about Red Hill town, but you're the only one saying "I told you so" and demanding acknowledgement that you guessed right. Come on here and say something genuinely against the grain and contrary to conventional wisdom, that hasn't been repeated by countless fans before you, and then be proven right, and maybe you'll earn the props you so desperately crave (though don't count on it).

Until then, you ain't so special, snowflake.
Just another grand bitch!

Jesus fuck enough already.
I'm just a casual reader on this board but you even manage to annoy people who don't engage with you.

Yeah, count me in too with being done with redhill. This is really insufferable and completely derailing of a thread about the actual song. Time to break out the ignore button.

maxresdefault.jpg

two chainz undone

It actually has touches of stuccato rap in the vocal. And some bum notes by Edge...on purpose?

My local store ordered 25 and were down to 4 before I snapped up mine around 10am. The picture disc is really beautiful!

On a side note it's so awesome to see a line out the door at a place that's usually empty inside. The owner and employee were really excited and loving the buzz. Glad U2 (and so many other artists) participate in this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom