Did the new version of Red Hill Mining Town leak out yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll play it 'pretty shortly' / 'a little bit later on'

Laying on the sizzle

The original chorus vocals don't seem too jarring compared to the rerecorded verses :up:

Pretty awesome actually. The 87 vocals worked seamlessly. They seem to have been cleared up a bit, and made a bit more present.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think you will like it. Pretty much a strong continuation of the clip we already had - seems a lot punchier for a live setting. This would have been a great single in 87

Cool, I'm sure there'll be an upload soon. Registered Dude mentioned an altered ending. How different was it?

My PMs and my email inbox amakaxver[at]gmail.com are both waiting for anybody to deliver one of those sweet new mixes.

Cool, I'm sure there'll be an upload soon. Registered Dude mentioned an altered ending. How different was it?

My PMs and my email inbox amakaxver[at]gmail.com are both waiting for anybody to deliver one of those sweet new mixes.

They went back into the chorus instead of the lights go down outro, but the same melody as the original outro, and lights go down is the last line. Sounded strange because of how well we know the original, but it certainly worked.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Someone just forwarded me a rip via U2gigs - poor quality but great to have straight away (no doubt we'll get a better rip once the podcast of Fanning's show goes online).

I'm honestly surprised I don't hate this. It's pretty faithful to the original, but yeah like Smee says it's got more punch. I'll need a better quality rip before I can comment on whether the boosted horns and backing vocals are a good or bad idea though.

Also, in case anyone was doubting Registered Dude's bona fides, he nailed this.

The horns are weak; there's no character to them, and only serve the song structure.

There is a really fine line between success and failure for these guys - and they have been falling on the wrong side of it since 2006. It seems that every time they do something, if it was done slightly differently it would have worked out immeasurably better.

I feel like the decision to tour TJT, the Kendrick Lamar ft., and even this mix are all great signs that they are falling on the right side of that line. This could have been a disaster, but it was executed with more finesse than they have shown for years, and it really shines. The Lamar ft. was understated, and has been received very warmly as a result.

I hope they can keep this up through the SOE release, and that the music deserves it.

So it's 87 Bono on the chorus, but me thinks a different vocal take than the one that made the album, can't wait to see what Bono does with this next month live. Strange he wouldn't do the chorus when he's gonna have to do it every night

I wonder if this would get any play at all if they actually release it as a single. Probably not but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom