Definitive NLOTH with Rose Bowl DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
With the band's disappointment in NLOTH sales/acceptance, do you think they'll contemplate using the Rose Bowl DVD as a manner of increasing album sales?

Instead of releasing the DVD on it's own, they could create a double disk including NLOTH (with bonus track of NLOTH2) and the DVD and call it the "definitive version". They could even issue it in both DVD-style case and CD case so it gets stocked on both shelves.

Then the extra sales would (hopefully) get the album back into the album charts and raise awareness ahead of the next phase of the 360 tour. If they simply release it on DVD, it may go unnoticed (is there even a chart for music DVDs?)

It was a great show, I don't understand why it wouldn't sell. The 97 thousand that were there live are guaranteed to buy it because they want to buy a show that they attended. And you have to take into consideration it had one of the largest viewings online ever for the Youtube stream.

I think they're going to concentrate on the new album instead of getting NLOTH back on the charts.

With the band's disappointment in NLOTH sales/acceptance, do you think they'll contemplate using the Rose Bowl DVD as a manner of increasing album sales?

Instead of releasing the DVD on it's own, they could create a double disk including NLOTH (with bonus track of NLOTH2) and the DVD and call it the "definitive version". They could even issue it in both DVD-style case and CD case so it gets stocked on both shelves.

Then the extra sales would (hopefully) get the album back into the album charts and raise awareness ahead of the next phase of the 360 tour. If they simply release it on DVD, it may go unnoticed (is there even a chart for music DVDs?)

I was thinking about the same: the DVD as an extra for their next album Songs of Ascent.

anyone else think that Bono voice sounds shot on the Rose Bowl concert?

He could barely sing Walk On. Even his performance of Ultraviolet on SNL fell way short.

Thoughts?

I was thinking about the same: the DVD as an extra for their next album Songs of Ascent.
This is an awesome idea! It'd certainly be a nice little extra with the higher-end versions of the album (you know, box sets and all that.)

While I don't think they'll pull any "deluxe edition with one extra track" stuff, anyone think they'll end up doing a NLOTH/SOA bundle for Christmas 2010 or such? They've really emphasized the connection between the albums, so it seems like it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility.

anyone else think that Bono voice sounds shot on the Rose Bowl concert?

He could barely sing Walk On. Even his performance of Ultraviolet on SNL fell way short.

Thoughts?

Stuck in a Moment and In a Little While were incredible. I thought his voice, most of the time, was incredible for this show!

Stuck in a Moment and In a Little While were incredible. I thought his voice, most of the time, was incredible for this show!

I thought In A Little While was awesome, but really he needs to take care of his voice. Stop smoking or something. It's really shot. His lungs can't sustain the notes like he used to.

It might have something to do with being at the end of a long-running string of stadium shows, like how his voice was incredible at the Foxboro/NJ shows but a lot rougher at SNL, then recovered.

I thought In A Little While was awesome, but really he needs to take care of his voice. Stop smoking or something. It's really shot. His lungs can't sustain the notes like he used to.

i believe bono is suffering from a new disease that's taken a grasp on many a singer before him... it's called getting old.

very few singers can hit the same notes in their 50s, which the B man is rapidly approaching, as they can in their 20s and 30s. it's just a simple fact of life.

bono's voice is not the same, never will be the same again (except for the occasional moment here and there), and it shouldn't be expected to be the same.

HE'S OLD! it happens.

i believe bono is suffering from a new disease that's taken a grasp on many a singer before him... it's called getting old.

very few singers can hit the same notes in their 50s, which the B man is rapidly approaching, as they can in their 20s and 30s. it's just a simple fact of life.

bono's voice is not the same, never will be the same again (except for the occasional moment here and there), and it shouldn't be expected to be the same.

HE'S OLD! it happens.

a point that is massively overlooked in so many "OMG!!!1 U2 used to be so much better!!!111" threads.

i think he sounds pretty damn good for being nearly 50. he'll never sound better than he did in the 80s, but overall his voice is holding up very well. not to turn this into a bono's voice thread or anything.

Considering the voice he had - or rather, didn't have - in 1997 and 2001...I'm impressed with his Electrical Storm-and-onwards voice.

I thought Vertigo tour was a one off comeback period for his voice, but he's still at the same place vocally.

i think he sounds pretty damn good for being nearly 50. he'll never sound better than he did in the 80s, but overall his voice is holding up very well. not to turn this into a bono's voice thread or anything.

the point is not wether or not he still sounds good... he does. but he doesn't sound as good as he did in the 80's and early 90s and never will again, no matter how anyone tries to spin it off. late 80's early 90's bono voice was legendary. one of the greatest ever.

it's changed... still very very good, but he's gonna have moments where he just can't do it, like at the rose bowl, 'cause, well, he's old

How did this turn into a thread about his voice?

It might have something to do with being at the end of a long-running string of stadium shows, like how his voice was incredible at the Foxboro/NJ shows but a lot rougher at SNL, then recovered.

Considering the voice he had - or rather, didn't have - in 1997 and 2001...I'm impressed with his Electrical Storm-and-onwards voice.

I thought Vertigo tour was a one off comeback period for his voice, but he's still at the same place vocally.

Yes, this is my thought whenever people crack on his current voice. No, he will never sing like he did in 1989 again, that was his vocal peak..... but thank god he doesn't sound like he did in 2001 anymore!

Back
Top Bottom