Danger Mouse being secretive about U2 production...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2fan10110 or whatever it was selling his copy of WAIE. I love these times. Memories guys, eh? hugs???

I think we were a bit hars on U2fan10110. Yeah, he was selling his copy of WAIE - there is nothing wrong with that. And he wasn't really linking his exact copy up for sale here. Instead, he just kind of mentioned it. So technically, he was not breaking Interference rules. In fact, I think there should be a forum that links people to sales. I know there have been times I was looking for something and it was thanks to the old WIRE message list that I found it!

So even though he was stretching the rules just a bit, people came down pretty hard on him. It would have been fine to gently remind him that this isn't really allowed on this forum and be done with it. Instead we mocked him. Maybe he is a jerk, but should we match that behavior? I always felt we should act a step above - after all, aren't we the people that have raised $$ to support new servers and charities?

As for this thread - I'm glad the rumor mill has shut down, for now. All I want to know is that there is a new album forthcoming and the estimated release date. I don't need to hear the hype. Hype is for the casual fan. We don't need to hear it. :)

Dan started it. :angry:

Oh!

Everyone's having fun and games, but when the adults arrive, the finger-pointing begins!

(I wanna know more about earnie and the pint glass!)

I think we were a bit hars on U2fan10110. Yeah, he was selling his copy of WAIE - there is nothing wrong with that. And he wasn't really linking his exact copy up for sale here. Instead, he just kind of mentioned it. So technically, he was not breaking Interference rules. In fact, I think there should be a forum that links people to sales. I know there have been times I was looking for something and it was thanks to the old WIRE message list that I found it!

So even though he was stretching the rules just a bit, people came down pretty hard on him. It would have been fine to gently remind him that this isn't really allowed on this forum and be done with it. Instead we mocked him. Maybe he is a jerk, but should we match that behavior? I always felt we should act a step above - after all, aren't we the people that have raised $$ to support new servers and charities?

As for this thread - I'm glad the rumor mill has shut down, for now. All I want to know is that there is a new album forthcoming and the estimated release date. I don't need to hear the hype. Hype is for the casual fan. We don't need to hear it. :)

Actually, that's not true drwho... Sicy removed his links. His first post was a link to his ebay listing saying

Hey Guys!!! Check out this Ebay listing!!! Wie Awake In Europe!!! Only 1 cent!!! I'm gonne try and win it, you should too!!!

That is pretty clearly a violation of forum rules. All I said originally to him was that he shouldn't sel his copy online, and then basically the same stuff Corri was saying to oldmanfly, that it is morally wrong when so many hardcore fans can't get their hands on a copy and he went nuts.

We should bring it back to the topic ...

Do you think Danger Mouse is regular?

metamucil-orange.jpg

See. What I Did. There.

:wink:

After a month or two of listening to Broken Bells after the DM news broke - I've come to the conclusion, against all hope, they suck.

It's totally relevant man! I mean, this is just one more nail in the coffin. BEPs suck, Guetta sucks, Broken Bells suck...it all adds up to U2 = suck!11!!11 :sad:

:lol:

:wink:

It's time for Rick Rubin ...

Lol, that's where the whole "Terry Lawless is at home" thing came from, checking that site to see if it could give clues as to what the band were up to. It's kind of awesome, isn't it?

Lol, that's where the whole "Terry Lawless is at home" thing came from, checking that site to see if it could give clues as to what the band were up to. It's kind of awesome, isn't it?

Oh what, my bad. :doh: It is a very awesome site, even if the web page style is severely outdated.

After a month or two of listening to Broken Bells after the DM news broke - I've come to the conclusion, against all hope, they suck.

I don't think its that relevant to U2- the producer puts his touch on what was ultimately drawn up by the artists themselves in their styles. I don't think DM will make U2 the broken bells.

That being said, I agree. I worked one of their shows last week in Boston, and I heard a good amount of it. I tried to like them then and later tried to like them when I started Youtub-ing songs. I don't.

If U2 neutered anything resembling a rock edge they ever had and dumbed their ambient brilliance way down, you'd get Broken Bells, I think.

A lot of "Pop" lovers here seem to be most excited for DM and the biggest on suggestions that we check out BB. Well, songs like Gone, MOFO, LNOE, DYFL, etc are not even in his vocabulary, never mind on his radar screen.

I know DM has worked w/ diverse artists and sounds, but when it comes to his personal work(BBells) and assumedly, his personal preferences, he doesn't have a rock and roll bone in his body.

That's not a vote against him producing U2 from me, but it certainly is a vote against U2 allowing him to become too involved in the creative process.

The guys who wrote Out of Control and I Will Follow when they were teenagers and kept Streets over producers' protests and made 3 brilliant turns in sound/style should trust their instincts.

Back
Top Bottom