[CONFIRMED] U2 to perform Get On Your Boots at the Brit Awards!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's good about it? I'm genuinely curious to find out.

they are too old to pull off sexy boots (not with us, but with mainstream)

Get your boots on is clunky. Sure it is correct syntax, but it is clunky

Get on your boots, last word in the line is the key word, and Get on your (boots, hat, coat etc) is an acceptible colloquialism in many cultures. May not be absolutely correct, but language is an organism, and changes over time as common usage makes things that were once incorrect correct.

Get on your boots, last word in the line is the key word, and Get on your (boots, hat, coat etc) is an acceptible colloquialism in many cultures. May not be absolutely correct, but language is an organism, and changes over time as common usage makes things that were once incorrect correct.

I listened to beach clip no. 3 last night and Bono is definitely singing: Get ON your boots. It fits the rhythm so much better than Get your boos On. And I like the sound of that, sounds a little playful.

Ha, Get On Your Boots sounds horribly clunky to me, but perhaps I'm just not used to the phrase itself.

I'd bet that it is true. Though not the most vredible source when it comes to the news, when it comes to showbiz gossip it's usually spot on.

I totally agree with ya Dan. I'll still probably call it Sexy Boots occasionally, cuz it's funny, but I think definitely Get On Your Boots is the best choice. "GOYB" has a funky rythm to it. It really sounds like a song. There isn't anything fun about the phrase "Get Your Boots On"; it just sounds like something my mom might yell at me. :wink:

:hmm: Yeah, it's the Sun...but the timing would be nice, with the single coming out.

U2 will play the Brits for sure its perfect timing and its a known fact that all performers and winners have a huge sales boost after the show.

When U2 won the outstanding contribution to music at the brits all there prevoius albums were in the top 50 in the album chart.

This is now confirmed:

U2 Set To Perform At Brit Awards | Home | Sky News

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5i4IJeE-zGVe3S7nhv9ixTOFGAxug

"U2 perform on stage for BRIT awards

12 hours ago

U2 will take to the stage at next month's BRIT awards, performing their new single Get On Your Boots.

The band, who have racked up seven BRIT awards, are the second act to be confirmed for the show, which takes place at London's Earls Court on February 18.

The Pet Shop Boys will also be performing after collecting the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award."

Maybe this would keep the song #1 for when the album comes out. They might even get a double #1 !!

Dammit just heared it on Radio 1 news :grumpy: And WHY so Grumpy? I'll be in Boston US with work :sad: I could have slithered down to Earls Court :cute:

This is now confirmed:

U2 Set To Perform At Brit Awards | Home | Sky News

The Press Association: U2 perform on stage for BRIT awards

"U2 perform on stage for BRIT awards

12 hours ago

U2 will take to the stage at next month's BRIT awards, performing their new single Get On Your Boots.

The band, who have racked up seven BRIT awards, are the second act to be confirmed for the show, which takes place at London's Earls Court on February 18.

The Pet Shop Boys will also be performing after collecting the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award."

:up:

Back
Top Bottom