Confirmed track names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"All My Life" ??

we don't really have confirmation on any of this though...

jinn77 said:
By confirmed, I meant rumoured or works in progress.

hmm...aren't "confirmed" and "rumored" two entirely different things? :wink:

Ok sorry :)

I can't think of anything else besides those four...

The following are rumoured song titles mentioned in different interviews etc:
  • No Line On The Horizon (possibly Beachclip 402)
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • "All My Life" (beachclip 404)
  • Thank You For The Day
  • "I Believe" (beachclip 402)
  • If I Could Live My Life Again
  • Mercy
  • Love Is All We Have Left
  • North Star
  • Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
  • You Can't Give Away Your Heart

Caroni said:
WAVE OF SORROW WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE ALBUM OR FOR OTHER THING :scratch:

Uhm, easy there. No need to write stuff in capital letters it gives people headaches.

Wave of Sorrow (Birdland) is as far as I know a song that was recorded for the 20th Anniversary Edition of the Joshua Tree released a couple of months back.

I haven't heard anything about it ending up on the new album though.

The_Edge89 said:
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • Thank You For The Day
  • Mercy
  • North Star

I hope they work up some new song titles at least - because these are pretty weak.

Rob33 said:
"All My Life" ??

No. That's a fan working title. Whether U2 even knows the name exists is questionable. The same goes for I Believe. The beachclip that turned out to be Window In The Skies was given the fan working title of Can't You See.

Caroni said:
WAVE OF SORROW WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE ALBUM OR FOR OTHER THING :scratch:

You do realise that's a 21 year old song just with new vocals, right? :huh:

The_Edge89 said:
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • Thank You For The Day
  • Mercy
  • North Star

these titles are all fine and dandy, but these titles just don't seem to give me that star quality, they don't seem to hint towards any incredibly huge songs...so i hope we don't get stuff like this...

i mean..."Where the Streets Have No Name"- c'mon, that's a good song already! ....."You Can't Give Away Your Heart", "I Believe" - these are just weak and boring..

"One Tree Hill" - this is intriguing from the start!- this really makes me want to hear the song...

yeah...I'm hoping for better titles...

Heh, I remember when we named I Believe. We didn't really have anything else for clip 402, since it's so hard to hear the lyrics. No Line On The Horizon is far better. I don't think too many people really took to calling it I Believe anyway, probably because it's weak and boring; I usually see it named 402. Things are much different for 404, which I normally see called All My Life.

These are the only ones that Bono "confirmed", although any reasonable guess is that most of these are working titles.

No Line On The Horizon (Sundance interview)
For Your Love (Morocco interview)
One Bird (Morocco interview)
If I Could Live My Life Again (Bono's book)
Mercy (Blender magazine)
Love Is All We Have Left (interview in Africa)
North Star (interview w/Michael W Smith)
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go (Grammy interview)
You Can't Give Away Your Heart (Spin magazine)

The_Edge89 said:
  • For Your Love
  • One Bird
  • Thank You For The Day
  • Mercy
  • North Star

Urgh...except for a few, they all sound like crap titles if you ask me...

Also, there are two the choral songs that Lanois mentioned.

One of them is in the Lanois film, although based on the melody and the refrain going on in the background, I wouldn't fall on the floor if that was a reworked 'Mercy' refrain (towards the end).

Hasn't Daniel Lanois played the song from beach clip 403 live in concert under the simple title of Thank You?

Rob33 said:

these titles are all fine and dandy, but these titles just don't seem to give me that star quality, they don't seem to hint towards any incredibly huge songs...so i hope we don't get stuff like this...

i mean..."Where the Streets Have No Name"- c'mon, that's a good song already! ....."You Can't Give Away Your Heart", "I Believe" - these are just weak and boring..

"One Tree Hill" - this is intriguing from the start!- this really makes me want to hear the song...

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. There may not be any titles here that knock your socks off, but it doesn't mean they're bad songs. Beautiful Day, One, Exit, Pride all have mediocre titles but are excellent songs.

2861U2 said:

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. There may not be any titles here that knock your socks off, but it doesn't mean they're bad songs. Beautiful Day, One, Exit, Pride all have mediocre titles but are excellent songs.

oh of course not...

yes I agree with you entirely....I wasn't inferring that bad titles automatically equate to not so great songs....this is rather obvious...of course excellent songs can have mediocre titles...

but for the sake of hoping for an incredible album, I'd rather see intriguing titles than weak and boring ones...that's all I'm saying :)

Last edited:
Umm don't forget about Treason and Sky hawk! I am not sure where i heard treason but I did hear that name come up and Sky Hawk was originaly supposed to be the spider man song and or supposed to be on HTDAAB I dont know if it turned into a song we have already heard or not

Rob33 said:

Umm the saying of "never judge a book by its cover" comes true here. Common, these are just song titles, you can't think a song is bad or good based on their titles!!

Some examples are for example:

The first time - song title is not great but the song is amazing and what about radio head's "paranoid Android" that is a pretty shitty song title but the song itself is simply AMAZING!

just my 2 cents

Inner El Guapo said:
These are the only ones that Bono "confirmed", although any reasonable guess is that most of these are working titles.

No Line On The Horizon (Sundance interview)
For Your Love (Morocco interview)
One Bird (Morocco interview)
If I Could Live My Life Again (Bono's book)
Mercy (Blender magazine)
Love Is All We Have Left (interview in Africa)
North Star (interview w/Michael W Smith)
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go (Grammy interview)
You Can't Give Away Your Heart (Spin magazine)

Actually, Thank You For The Day was in that Brian Williams interview from Ghana except Bono didn't mention a title for it. He did recite some lyrics though. (03:34-04:06)

“There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbour in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
Thank you for the day. “

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQANEXCEP3I

Last edited:
dabiggestu2fan said:

Umm the saying of "never judge a book by its cover" comes true here. Common, these are just song titles, you can't think a song is bad or good based on their titles!!

Some examples are for example:

The first time - song title is not great but the song is amazing and what about radio head's "paranoid Android" that is a pretty shitty song title but the song itself is simply AMAZING!

just my 2 cents

:lol:

maybe you didn't read my last post, two above you....

Sad Punk, you make me laugh really hard sometimes...

OrARoundabout said:
Urgh...except for a few, they all sound like crap titles if you ask me...

Oh my goodness, these names are 'working titles' by the band – or names, applied to some tracks by fans ("beach clips"). So no need to worry to lament on weak album tunes yet, because we absolute have no idea, what they will be called or how they sound.
Or would you like an album track called "The Weather Girls"? No? Hm, U2 decided for the official release to give it another name: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ...

Back
Top Bottom