Comming to the Surface for your love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I havent heard to much about this clip we have - do u think they scrapped it I realy liked it. The melody was great I hope they are going to use it - do u guys no anything more about it? I think only one clip of it exists.

Agree with popacrobat. This was one of the very first titles mentioned.

I doubt they scrapped it, it's supposed to have a really cool guitar lick in it.

Agree with popacrobat. This was one of the very first titles mentioned.

I doubt they scrapped it, it's supposed to have a really cool guitar lick in it.

I also think that it's the same song from the 10-4 U2.com clip or whatever with the watch and the soundboard and Bono scatting "Chorus, Verse!" or whatever. Also the same riff in Edgeback. That's just my guess based on what I (think) I hear from the HQ Clip and given the description of the song.

For Your Love has never been confirmed. Its title was seen on some whiteboard and some fans have connected it to one of the clips.

It's possible he did, it must be mentioned that we are all being presumptuous about this song being 'For Your Love'. That said, it would be one hell of a coincidence if it wasn't.

This one and 'Breathe/Walk Into the Streets' sound the most like the other stuff.
Boots, Choral/Harmony/Rise Up Song and Clip4 (which I think is Cedars Of Lebanon) are all quite different.

I think this one could be a late single.

I thought Edge confirmed it to be included on the album in the Q magazine interview a couple of months back?

Edge also confirmed in the Q interview that some of the Rubin material survived, which isn't the case anymore. :shrug:

Things change.

I guess, it's U2 were talking about and many people - including Lanois and Edge himself - say anything can happen when it comes to making decisions in the last minute of getting an album together.

I'm not sure why we really debate things like this. All of the titles assigned to the HQ & beach clips are all fan-assigned. The ones that have been assigned a title that's rumored to be a real track title have only been assigned that title based on the guesswork of us fans. Perhaps the only exception is "Sexy Boots" or "Get On Your Boots," which is so obvious in its lyrics that the clip we have simply must be the song referenced in interviews.

So, basically, unless they mention a title that is nearly word-for-word the lyrics we've heard (and heard clearly, at that) in a clip, we can't expect U2 to say anything at all that will guarantee the use of any of the clips that we have.

:shrug:

Is it just me or do we have the fewest unconfirmed new song titles for a potential new U2 album in a long long time?

Judging by what we are reading and hearing about the potential upcoming release of the album, we should have heard alot more by now, right?

Wonder why they are so tight lipped.

Is it just me or do we have the fewest unconfirmed new song titles for a potential new U2 album in a long long time?

Judging by what we are reading and hearing about the potential upcoming release of the album, we should have heard alot more by now, right?

Wonder why they are so tight lipped.

We also have the lowest level of pre-album press from U2 in a long time. Interviews and quotes from the band have been rather few and far between; Lanois seems to be the talker for this album, and even he seems to have slowed down in his press dealings.

In the new issue of 'Q music magazine' in the UK (released on Tuesday 25th Nov roughly), the editor Paul Rees always has a small editorial comment on the first page about the current issue and often about what's coming up next month. He says that next month they will be back in the company of old friends, the biggest band in the world. I assume that he is talking about U2 here!! So we should get the new Q magazine around Christmas Eve with U2 on the cover. This would also mean that Paul Rees would also have to presumably meet with the band, do the interview and hear at least some of the new tracks in the next couple of weeks so that they can put it in that issue.

Oasis were on the cover back in the October issue which would have come out in Aug/Sept, so hopefully it is not them. The editor Paul Rees is a big U2 fan I think and has done some of the previous new U2 album reviews/interviews.

for your love...isnt this ... ónly love´? it soundsw really good as we´ve heard from the beach clips...

I thought that there was some terrible-sounding clip that came out way before the beach clips that had Bono clearing singing "Coming to the Surface for Your Love" and it was a pretty hardcore song. I'm not sure if I ever listed to that clip, but from my memory of its description, I think it was a very different song from "Only Love" (aka beach clip 4, aka U2's best song in almost 2 decades--ok, that's just my opinion/hope).

I thought that "coming to the surface for your love" is the same song that Edge mentioned the most recent article as "For your love". He says something about having some "great guitar playing" and "best guitar lick he's done" or something.

I thought that "coming to the surface for your love" is the same song that Edge mentioned the most recent article as "For your love". He says something about having some "great guitar playing" and "best guitar lick he's done" or something.

Yes, that is probably right--although neither one of those tracks would be the fan-titled "Only Love", which is a different song. Or perhaps "For Your Love" is in fact "Only Love" and "Coming to the Surface..." is something else which may or may not end up on the album. But I think that is less likely.

I'm most excited about this "Moment of Surrender". I'm wondering if they didn't take two or three of these songs that were out there and smacked them all together to form this super long amazing mish mosh of a tune.

I'm most excited about this "Moment of Surrender". I'm wondering if they didn't take two or three of these songs that were out there and smacked them all together to form this super long amazing mish mosh of a tune.

Yeah me too. I'm expecting something on the level of Bad, while sounding nothing alike of coruse. Am I remembering correctly that the recording of this song was very close to a one-off? I thought Edge or someone said that it just came together, they cut the track, and they haven't touched it since.

Yeah me too. I'm expecting something on the level of Bad, while sounding nothing alike of coruse. Am I remembering correctly that the recording of this song was very close to a one-off? I thought Edge or someone said that it just came together, they cut the track, and they haven't touched it since.

I friggin hope so, because it seems like most of the songs that they execute as "one offs" end up being absolutely brilliant tunes: 40, One, Kite, etc.

Back
Top Bottom