Chris Evans to hear new album at Mercury Records tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wonder if Radio 2 will be playing the album in its entirety close to the release date of something.

57 minutes. :drool:

I reckon they will do an interview and a live set especially for the Radio.. the BBC do that alot with big acts. A bit like they did when ATYCLB came out and the one they did from HQ when Bomb came out.

I reckon they will do an interview and a live set especially for the Radio.. the BBC do that alot with big acts. A bit like they did when ATYCLB came out and the one they did from HQ when Bomb came out.

very true. and considering we're 36 days away, we might be seeing some live appearances soon, though with how protected this album is, it makes me wonder if we actually will, at least before the album.

I think maybe friday / saturday before the album they do some live sessions.

What a useless tosser he is!!

Asked what is favourite song was from the album, he replied that he couldn't say as they were all secret. Has he not read the magazines or the websites....we KNOW All the titles already, you clown.

yeah.........but what are they gonna say............its crap......dont buy it

On the dvd filmed by Anton Corbijn there will be 14 songs and a couple of those are instrumental. I listened to an interview on french radio with the french/marocan actor who will play in all the clips on the dvd and he said the film will be 90 minutes. Maybe they have last minute changes and adding some instrumental parts to the album. This is just speculation on my part but the actor heard the record many times and what I understood was that the album is the complete soundtrack for the movie on the dvd (if that makes sense)

that's true. i'm still excited to hear how "Crazy Tonight" leads into GOYB.

Yeah good call. I like that they've put the poppiest songs to the middle, leaving the opening and closing for more brooding numbers (or so I've gathered from all the descriptions).

People are still judging the whole album based on the first single. In a few weeks people who haven't heard the album will get to hear Magnificent, MOS, Breathe, Unknown Caller, etc.

We have to remember that The Fly didn't do as well as WOWY/WTSHNN/ISHFWILF but Achtung Baby is one of their best nonetheless.

but 60 min with 12 songs. "standard" edition of NLOTH (wich I think they're playing for reviews) has 11 songs...
:hmm: unless the album really has a hidden track at the end

Two versions of NLOTH. I'm sure they want most people to not know about it that's why he can't say too much.

as he says it:

Listened to the U2 album today (he says it's not finished - can't understand why?)
was ushered in
board room universal music with 2 others
given banana and fruit tea
he's not allowed to say anything about the album
says it's brilliant
the best thing they've ever done
but whispered
big plans for U2
huge stuff
one includes Radio 2
for the new album
which is amazing
when it finished ..
he asked for them to play it again and they did.

OOOOHHHH!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Yes, I think they have some sort of surprise on their sleeve. Wait with ordering a version till you now a bit more details.

Back
Top Bottom