California (There Is No End To Love) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love this damn song

totally unrelated but not

Ferrari-California-30-Side-600x345.jpg

It's a fun song. Bono strains a bit and the lyrics are a little awkward but the chorus with the killers esque synth makes it a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Edges solo sounds like something J Mascis might play, like Tarpit out of 'You're Living All Over Me'.

Listening to it now.....its catchy and it gets better with each listen. That opening was cringeworthy at first but I almost like it now......almost.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

MDz6VR9.jpg

Seriously, I think this is one that'll grow on people and ultimately end up as a single and has a slight chance of hitting the charts. It's got a really fun, youthful and energetic vibe to it and is probably my favorite of the album.

I guess I'm in the minority here :reject:

I love the pre-chorus/ chorus of this song. The more I listen to bonos singing on this the more I enjoy it and it just has that Motown vibe to it in the chorus mixed with modern and a desire to surf:)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The "that's how I know!" after "there is no end to grief" is my favorite vocal moment on the record, I think, even above all the 'Iiiiris'es. CLASSIC Bono explosion, and you can tell he's feeling that lyric, which is also one of my favorites on the record.

It's absolutely brilliant. With the right video and maybe being used in some big US tv show it has a very good chance of being a hit. Not a hit in terms of chart positions maybe, but of getting into the heads of the general public.

It's absolutely brilliant. With the right video and maybe being used in some big US tv show it has a very good chance of being a hit. Not a hit in terms of chart positions maybe, but of getting into the heads of the general public.

Hopefully, U2 have nothing to do with big US TV shows, in the future. It would ruin the whole era.

I think this is the appropriate thread to mention that half of these song titles are damn awful.

I think this is the appropriate thread to mention that half of these song titles are damn awful.

Especially 'Raised by Wolves'. Sure Bono, I'll be a wolf for you... fucken' gimp *cough*

I also concluded that if 'The Troubles' had a different name, I would have enjoyed it more.

Easy and breezy and fun, fun, fun. The whoa whoa whoas remind me of a Katy Perry song (Teenage Dream?) but that's not a bad thing when used like this.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I think it reminds you of California Girls. Seriously. She should be in this video too.

california-gurls-katy-perry.jpg

Became my #1 on third album listen. I liked it on first listen, and by second listen couldn't get the melody out of my head. My rankings will probably change in time with each listen, they usually do.

Seriously, I think this is one that'll grow on people and ultimately end up as a single and has a slight chance of hitting the charts. It's got a really fun, youthful and energetic vibe to it and is probably my favorite of the album.

I guess I'm in the minority here :reject:

I'm with you. :wave:

upbeat and sunshiny like it should be :D

love it :heart:
This song is breezy and easy. It rolls more than rocks...it's pop U2 style. I like it...:D

:D

Fun, upbeat, catchy pop/rock that makes you smile and sounds like the familiar U2 people love.

Basically Kryptonite to some on Interference.

:lol:

Saw this getting a little hate earlier in the thread, but I come back to this song as much as any on the album. It's the first chorus I latched onto, and it's just a fun and breezy pop song. Seems to have some mainstream potential, too.

The most "bubblegum" U2 song since Discotheque . . . but that's alright :up:

Back
Top Bottom