California (There Is No End To Love) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't get me wrong gvox. The entire Pet Sounds album and the vocal harmonies from this group are legendary but I've read articles by Mike Love and other members who are today quite embarrassed by "Be True To Your School". Hey, God Only Knows actually sits in my Top 10 of favorite songs ever so much respect to Brian and Co. :up:

That may be so but it seems to me that you're trying to say that Be True..is the Beach Boy's SUC, or even worse than it, and nothing could be further than the truth. There are far worse Beach Boys songs that I think fit better. Be True is a charted classic, is loved by millions - the Beach Boys own thoughts on it notwithstanding, especially in this context given that U2 still thinks SUC is great lmao - and will be remembered for generations. No one will ever be singing SUC, ever.

Sent from my ass crack

Give it 10 years and then revisit that opinion.

katy-perry-gq-magazine-february-2014-music-women-hot-photos-04.jpg

mmk

finally finished my remix of this song. checkit if you like the oonts oonts oonts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4fWJzeCAk

sounds like you're having a lot of fun right there.
there's a lot of hooks in that tune to hang stuff on. good job.

this is a fun idea. you should try it de novo with the other versions (album and Jools Holland version) and see if it inspires something else.

happy thanksgiving!

I always thought this song is best suited for a club remix. I'd like to hear more of these.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

On vacation and drove up to Santa Barbara the other day listening to this song. I can attest to the experience being fantastic. :)

I’ve seen for myself
There’s no end to grief
That’s how I know
That’s how I know
And why I need to know
That there is no
Yeah, there is no end to love

These lines resonate with me.

Nice work on the remix, Aflikor. I hope the band gets to hear it! They must have an intern whose job is to scan for that stuff, right? Maybe the same one who gets shoved with the job of looking after us?

I’ve seen for myself
There’s no end to grief
That’s how I know
That’s how I know
And why I need to know
That there is no
Yeah, there is no end to love

These lines resonate with me.

To me, too. They're part of the reason why I like this song despite thinking that I shouldn't.

I would think this would be released as the 3rd single soon, with Every Breaking Wave likely having reached its peak on U.S. radio. An April/May release sounds right for this very "summer" song. Would also work well with the launch of the tour and I'm sure some kind of U.S. promo tour finally happening.

I still believe it's the most radio friendly song on the album. We'll soon find out!

It might be but also see this is where you can reach me now for next single then California for the summer

I don't think "California" will be a hit single.
But, together with "The Troubles", it's about the only song on the album with the sort of hook that would potentially do well on the radio.

According to which logic "This is where ..." would do well commercially, I don't know.
Probably the same logic according to which a song with Bono's worst vocals (this includes both vocal delivery and lines) in roughly 20 years (Chrystal Ballroom) is proclaimed the U2 post 2000 equivalent of the holy grail.

Back
Top Bottom