California (There Is No End To Love) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this was initially one of my least favorites on the album, but it has since grown the most for me. I think the acoustic version made me appreciate it more. And the CD version sounds much better to me than the ITunes one. The warm synth sound comes through clearer.

So disappointed just put this on at my local jukebox in the pub and it played the acoustic version :(

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Based on that Jools Holland performance- this is gonna be great on tour.

Funny as its my fave on the album, but I didn't think it could sound this awesome live.

:up::up:

So disappointed just put this on at my local jukebox in the pub and it played the acoustic version :(

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I want to know what pub has california acoustic on their jukebox? Thats a deep library on there ?

Id have to travel miles to even find a boozer with a new u2 track on their jukebox!

Yah one of my favorites on SOI now along with SLABT. Actually feel like The Miracle, Invisible, or California could be openers on the tour. California would be great with the Intro and all.

I thought it was a great performance for being it's live debut. It's going to sound even better once the tour comes around.

Synths, BRING IT ON! WTF is Edge doing on the 2nd verse with his guitar:doh: It needs more backing vocal!
Rest of it is great

Sounds to me like edge is doing exactly what's on the record in that 2nd verse. I like it. Agree it could use more backing vox.

Maybe some more cowbell too.

Watched the Jools show on the big screen last night and enjoyed this even more than i did previously. I hope they feature this heavily on the tour. It's a great live band song.

Yes, a bit opposite to Until the End of The World that sounds even more like Rammstein live.

California is my least favorite song from SOI but I still enjoy it.

Gee, I wonder what your fave is.

Also... Rammstein ? Really. I've seen them twice, and like their music,
but I can't compare. Care to explain me Salome?

:giggle:

If only they weren't singing about California which unfortunately is a little played out (Beach Boys, Katy Perry, etc). The actual music is excellent but the subject matter could have been more pressing.

If only they weren't singing about California which unfortunately is a little played out (Beach Boys, Katy Perry, etc). The actual music is excellent but the subject matter could have been more pressing.

Yep, but it is based on real experience, so there you go.

I´m actually listening to Beach Boys, it is quite funny, all those multi layered vocals :cute:

BTW: It is unbeliavable how many songs they have about surfing, riding a car and california girls. I´ve never heard such crap lyrics :hyper:

I´m actually listening to Beach Boys, it is quite funny, all those multi layered vocals :cute:

BTW: It is unbeliavable how many songs they have about surfing, riding a car and california girls. I´ve never heard such crap lyrics :hyper:

Ironically, Brian Wilson wasn't even a surfer. Anyway, he was pressured by his father, the label, and Mike Love to repeat the formula, which was sad. However, Pet Sounds and Smile are amazing, and even most of the surfing, cars and girl songs are beautifully layered.

:lol: listening to Beach Boys sing songs like "Be True To Your School", "Surfer Girl" etc... will make you appreciate the genius lyrics of Stand Up Comedy, Elevation and dare I say...Boots!

:lol: listening to Beach Boys sing songs like "Be True To Your School", "Surfer Girl" etc... will make you appreciate the genius lyrics of Stand Up Comedy, Elevation and dare I say...Boots!

No friggin way, sorry. Just because they are very simple ditties doesn't make them anything less than genius pop songs about very relatable teenage experiences.

Sent from my ass crack

No friggin way, sorry. Just because they are very simple ditties doesn't make them anything less than genius pop songs about very relatable teenage experiences.

Sent from my ass crack

Don't get me wrong gvox. The entire Pet Sounds album and the vocal harmonies from this group are legendary but I've read articles by Mike Love and other members who are today quite embarrassed by "Be True To Your School". Hey, God Only Knows actually sits in my Top 10 of favorite songs ever so much respect to Brian and Co. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom