Brian Williams U2 interview after Inaug. concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Edge - "...we wanted to make an album....people don't listen to albums anymore, it's all about individual tracks....this is like an 11 track piece. It's maybe our best ever."

Hahaha. Bono - "Edge said to me earlier....you know, we're doing the big civil rights piece and it's part of the inauguration....and you know we're playing Pride(In The Name Of Love)....and just at the last minute, can we switch it to the new single Get On Your Boots." Brian Williams laughs.

"How do you think that would fly here?" Bono said. Joking, he said, "Deep, deep, down we're shallow people.

U don't have my approval. I wouldn't have cared if you'd voted the other fella in, although I quite fancied his sidekick, Sarah Palin. hehehe:lol:

Oh yeah and most importantly is Edges comments that this is an album and not a collection of songs which could all be singles like the last 2 albums. That bodes well.

"Might me our best ever"

Really Mr. Edge...really :|

I luvs the Brian Williams though :wink:

Edge is wrong. It's their worst album ever. They're a fucking terrible band. That's why I troll Interference.

Oh yeah? Well, you go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

:wink:

Doesn't he need to die first before going to hell? I guess it's a spiritual thing.

U2 said that their goal (especially for ATYCLB) was to try to make a Beatle's-esque album where each song could be a single. While I would state that clearly not every song on ATYCLB or HTDAAB is single-worthy, it does explain the lack of cohesion on some other U2 releases, like JT. Trouble is with JT, some songs sound a bit too similar. That's one weakness of an album - tracks can run together a bit. This is why many fans consider AB to be U2's best - different sounding tracks, quality singles, yet clearly an album. It'll be interesting to see where NLOTH fits in.

Doesn't he need to die first before going to hell? I guess it's a spiritual thing.

U2 said that their goal (especially for ATYCLB) was to try to make a Beatle's-esque album where each song could be a single. While I would state that clearly not every song on ATYCLB or HTDAAB is single-worthy, it does explain the lack of cohesion on some other U2 releases, like JT. Trouble is with JT, some songs sound a bit too similar. That's one weakness of an album - tracks can run together a bit. This is why many fans consider AB to be U2's best - different sounding tracks, quality singles, yet clearly an album. It'll be interesting to see where NLOTH fits in.

I don't know--that's a pretty bold claim about JT and AB. It could easily be argued the other way.

But that's not really the point of this thread. Edge's comments are exactly what I want to hear from this album. Exactly.

:cute: where can I get a pair of u2 underroos?

I wish they would stop saying its their best ever, but I guess in order to promote it they have to. The Joshua Tree is their masterpiece and I think it would be hard to repeat something like that.

Brian Williams is such an establishment prick. Arrogant pro-Israeli, nationalist jerk who only follows trends. He probably supported the Iraq war because it was cool to do so. Handsome guy, nice dresser, Interpol fan; other than that, he's crap. I'd spit in his face.

Anyway, Bono and The Edge came off well, but it would have been cool if they spat at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom