Breathe (Beach Sessions) Vs (Album Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Album breathe: great song, God walks through room
Beach breathe: transcendent song, head through the clouds, God walks through room, steals mic from Bono and finishes song

:up:

Thank you guys for lampooning the obsession with saying the beach clips are better. This thread is awesome.

GOYB, Breathe, and UC were all better in the beach clips. Magnificent/Only Love was the only one that wasn't butchered by the time it reached the album imo.

hahahahaha im loving this thread, though i have nothing to contribute, i urge you all to continue

GOYB, Breathe, and UC were all better in the beach clips. Magnificent/Only Love was the only one that wasn't butchered by the time it reached the album imo.

Yup Unknown Caller had far more atmospheric wa......ohhhh crap I cant be bothered!:lol:

U2 really played it safe with this one. When I heard the beach clips I assumed the whole album would be like that, but instead they turned them all into radio-friendly bullshit. Fuck U2, I'm gonna listen to ECHOES OF NATURE: The Natural Sounds Of The Wilderness, Part 1 instead.

that's why I haven't and never will listen to those beach clips. that way I can never say I have regrets about the album.

The chorus vocals in the UC beach clip were better too.

More uniform, you couldn't hear the different voices in the chanting, suits the exotic nature of the song more.

They obviously made a choice based on what they thought the best finished product was. But I do really love the beach clip. It's pretty different especially towards the middle/end.

Just listened 2 it 4 the first time since the album release, and I agree.... the album version is probably my favorite track on the album, but the Beach version is f'n brilliant.... and apart from the flow being a bit off, it may b better.... if U listen 2 the album version on headphones, take off Ur right ear piece... it gets close 2 the beach clip.

Some people have some hearing problems or something?

I use a good quality headphone to listen to the beach clips and u can hear the differences quite audibly even in its rough format.

I agree with those who think the less polished versions were better, they certainly a had an air of gravitas about, heavyweight champions in their own right....wish we had Eno's laptop!

Back
Top Bottom