BREATHE Appreciation - Discuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think one of the key lines of the album, and my personal highlight, is the "I found grace inside a sound. I found grace and its all I found..."

Fuck this song is AMAZING!!!!! :drool: Can't wait to hear this live and this is one of my favorites from NLOTH. When I listened to this Beach Clip, I was hoping to hear this on the new album and I'm so glad it's now out and for us all to enjoy. Love the Edge guitar parts that starts at 3:05 and picks up again at 3:35 and keeps going while Bono sings!!! Oh yeah, from 4:24 till the end is magic!!!!!! :drool:

I listened to the beach clip again and played it for a mate who is lead singer in his band.... He was shocked that they left out the Bridge section and the lyrical build up towards the end as much as i was...
I really hope they do the beach clip version live :)

I can see why Eno said this was the "most U2" song he'd been a part of or something like this.

For me the best thing about Breathe is the way it builds; it really just gets better from a pretty promising start.

But the end: "I found grace inside the sound/I found grace/That's all I found"... that is what U2 is all about. And possibly what this album is about, IMO.
:up:

this is a solid tune. Its got a relentlessness that i really enjoy. The cellos are a nice touch too. Also, even though it should be a ridiculous line, I love the cockatoo part. Bono kinda loses his breath when he sings it and it adds a little somethin' somethin'

hi, i'm just curious (cuz i don't have the lp) but...

Edge said this was a f-off live song... after hearing it, how do you interpret his statement?

I interpret it as extremely accurate. Hopefully they can do with it what they failed to do with ABOY; take it to a new level.

I have found the LOVE for BREEEEEEEEEATHE! Holy macaroni people!

This is one of the most incredible choruses in U2dom -- just breathtakingly joyful.

Also, the string part (cello?) around the 3:20 mark is so kick-ass. It almost has an Asian feel, don't you think?

I can see them closing shows with this song. It leaves me with a similar euphoric high that Bad creates.. I'm very excited to hear how it plays live. Love every line, cockatoos included :heart:

Heard the whole song last night, really good tune, the piano adds alot to it, takes out the heavy rock tension, and sweetens it, the chorus is class aswell, really good tune.

I am floored by this song. If you've ever seen Danny Lanois play live, then you could literally feel his passion come through on the "Breathe" chorus part. Eno with his piano and cello subtle textures. This song simultaneously sparkles, pulses, shows its restlessness and power.

Bono was definitely channeling his inner Bob Dylan.

"When I'm running down the road like loose electricity,
Or the band in my head plays a striptease"

Are you f*&king serious? Amazing.

Nothing makes me prouder of this band than the fact that they simply refuse to rest on their laurels. The collective voodoo of 6 passionate musicians is truly something to behold.

honestly, this is the only (ONLY) song that isn't working brilliantly for me.

and i like my U2 big and bold and inspirational.

what am i missing?

i think the lyrics are really good though.

honestly, this is the only (ONLY) song that isn't working brilliantly for me.

and i like my U2 big and bold and inspirational.

what am i missing?

i think the lyrics are really good though.

just give it time...

as many great songs do, it will just hit you one day out of nowhere and you will wonder how you ever managed to "miss" it before.

I'm having troubles with this song as well. I love the verses though. It just seems that the verses and pre chorus/chorus do not fit well together.

Whenever I listen to this song, I have an image of walking out in the night during a Chinese Lantern Festival... love it. It's position on the album is perfect :yes:

Back
Top Bottom