BREATHE Appreciation - Discuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lyrics :

16th of June, 9:05, doorbell rings,
man at the door says
"If you want to stay alive a bit longer,
there's three things I need you to know,
three!"

Coming from a long line of travelling sales people on my mother's side
I wasn't gonna buy just anyone's cockatoo,
so why would I invite a complete stranger into my home?
Would you?

These days are better than that
These days are better than that

Every day I die again and again I'm reborn
Every day I have to find the courage
To walk out into the street
With arms out, got a love you can't defeat

Neither down or out
There's nothing you have that I need,
I can breathe, breathe now

16th of June, Chinese stocks are going up
And I'm coming down with some new Asian virus
Ju Ju man, Ju Ju man
Doc says you're fine or dying, please
9:09, St John divine on the line, my pulse is fine
When I'm running down the road like loose electricity,
Or the band in my head plays a striptease.

The roar that lies, on the other side of silence,
The forest fire that is fear so deny it

Walk out into the street,
Sing your heart out.
The people we meet,
will not be drowned out.

There is nothing you have that I need,
I can breathe, breathe now

this song has real soul, it's headed to the top of my list, the melody is great, lots of changes keep it fresh, reminds me of big eyed fish by DMB

this is the best song on the album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But it s hard to saz because on album there is no bad song...everz song is little masterpiece! U2 RULES>I CAN BREATHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.Just imagine intro of this song when it will perform live>( and so joyfull chorus...U2 put new standards...

this was the first song of the new album that I wanted to play again. it's just so fucking great :applaud::heart: I'm loving edge through out the entire thing, and i love his backing vocals in the lines leading up to the chorus

I like it, but I truly believe the beach version was better. At least they found a place for the "We are people born of sound, the songs are in our eyes" line at the end.

I agree. Just listened to both versions and yes, Beach clip is better, mostly the end after Edge's kind of solo, the difference is Bono. Still a very good song, in my top 5 of NLOTH....

I thought it was better than the Beach Clip.

His talky-verses sound like something out of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. And then it kicks into an awesome U2-chorus.

Magnificent is a great song, but Breathe has some sort of transcendent spirit to it, and therefore is my favorite song. By far, in fact.

I remember reading somewhere that Edge said he wished he had written "Get What You Give" by the New Radicals. I believe that Breathe has a similarly ecstatic mood to it, and I can see why they were so excited by it.

I like it, but I truly believe the beach version was better. At least they found a place for the "We are people born of sound, the songs are in our eyes" line at the end.
I cant believe how much I agree with you. And have you guys heard this little amazing bit on the BC version yet. I couldn't make out the lyrics first, but at the end of the bridge Bono sings ''oh do it again.'' Ive just recently discovered this and it sounds amazing

BC version: 10
Album version: 8

Just heard BREATHE:drool: on the radio...X96 here in Salt Lake City just played it.

They've also played Magnificent and IGCIIDGCT

i'm not all trying to get on people....but HOW can you not like song? it just simply kicks ass....:drool:

I need lyrics... Oh my... Breathe...
Thank you U2, it's been a long wait but it's worth...

12 years...

Its a great song... but they butchered the last minute, it was heavenly on the beach :(

It's excellent, gives off a bit of a Bullet The Blue Sky feel to me, too.

Also, the "Walk out into a sunburst street" part if superb, probably my favourite moment of the album so far.

Back
Top Bottom