Brandon Flowers takes credit for U2 album delay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Volicefero by Ladytron....is the album I loved this year...doesn't break any ground musically but the fact that they use Korg analog synths instead of modern digital equipment is their niche.

I used to like the Killers back when I was a 12 year old girl.

And now that you have matured, you realize that a band such as the Killers cannot even come close to churning out such eternal classics like Elevation and Vertigo!

They really are. Sometimes I think that I like albums, but I don't end up listening through them much. But I've probably listened to Microcastle 2-3 times as much as any other record this year...and it hasn't even been out very long.

Regarding Elbow: all of their albums are great. My personal fav is Leaders of the Free World. The production on that album is just delicious.

On a random note, my favorite album of the decade is Engineers self-titled debut from 2005. Anyone looking around for something "new" to check out...it's worth it.

if it is delicious then i must check it out

And I haven't heard the new Killers album (that Human song is bad though, really bad), but unless their new album is about 10x better than anything they've done in the past I'd say it's nowhere near the best album of 08.

That would probably go to Dear Science by TV On The Radio IMO.

The albums I was most anticipating this year were:

1. U2 - ??
2. The Cure - 4:13
3. James - Hey Ma
4. Snow Patrol - Hundred Million Suns
5. The Killers - Day & Night
6. Howie Day - ??
7. Coldplay - Viva la Vida
8. Tim Finn - Conversation

U2 & Howie Day didn't eventuate, The Cure disappointed by saving all the gloom for the next album, Snow Patrol is a fizzer and both James and Tim Finn were OK without being brilliant.

I'm still enjoying Coldplay and their new EP makes it a solid year for them.

Thankfully the Killers new album manages to ensure this year wasn't a total disappointment for me. Strong album all the way through. Not Hot Fuss, but thankfully not Sam's Town either!

Kings of Leon, Gavin Rossdale, Enation, OneRepublik and a couple of new singles from the Smashing Pumpkins were unexpected surprises in 2008, but overall the standard of releases this year didn't hold up to what I'd anticipated.

Chinese democracy?!:reject:

If anything U2 have pushed it back because of this album. Not necessarily because its great but their is 10x more hype for this album than anything this year. 92.3 K Rock played the entire album last night. The mere "return" of Guns N Roses (even though its just Axl) I think would have definitely over shadowed a new release by U2 in the beginning if they were released during the same two week period.

Can we officially throw away the ridiculous notion that U2 post poned the releasing of their new album due to the release of (fill in the band's name here)'s new album (fill in the album's name here)?

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would actually allow themselves to believe for a millisecond that one of the biggest rock bands in the world would be scared to go up against anybody.

Unless they dig up half of the dead Beatles, and somehow get them to come together with the other two living Beatles in a Studio to create an album that was to be released at the end of 2008...I don't think U2 would have anything to worry about.

hey...I'm not attacking anyone personally on this thread, but I thought I'd just throw that out there. I keep reading these ridiculous assertions referring to that nonesense.

Can we officially throw away the ridiculous notion that U2 post poned the releasing of their new album due to the release of (fill in the band's name here)'s new album (fill in the album's name here)?

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would actually allow themselves to believe for a millisecond that one of the biggest rock bands in the world would be scared to go up against anybody.

Unless they dig up half of the dead Beatles, and somehow get them to come together with the other two living Beatles in a Studio to create an album that was to be released at the end of 2008...I don't think U2 would have anything to worry about.

hey...I'm not attacking anyone personally on this thread, but I thought I'd just throw that out there. I keep reading these ridiculous assertions referring to that nonesense.

agreed. i've always laughed at the notion myself.

Because like I previously stated, Paul is a big pussy. He is scared to death of competition. There is a lot of competition from Coldplay and the killers, not to mention G'n'R new album. U2 may not have been able to sell as much, or possibly get to the #1 spot. Paul wouldn't have that.

Because like I previously stated, Paul is a big pussy. He is scared to death of competition. There is a lot of competition from Coldplay and the killers, not to mention G'n'R new album. U2 may not have been able to sell as much, or possibly get to the #1 spot. Paul wouldn't have that.

I dont agree with blaming paul,he was the one saying november release,its the other 4 this time.

and you know Paul McG personally I take it to make a statement like that.. Pulease... :huh:

We will never really know the reason for the delay so let's just leave it at that if that is at all possible in here which I highly doubt.:|

:doh:

Go reread my post, it was intended for people like you.

BRANDON FLOWERS

tshirt-m-gtfo-Green-art-280.gif

i hate when he opens his mouth AND sings. if The Killers ever stopped making music, i may get sick less often.

hahahahahahaha I've just had my first laugh of the day. hahahahahah

Back
Top Bottom