Boots or NLOTH2 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song do you prefer?

• Total voters
Both are b-side material, but NLOTH-2 is much better.

Like 'm both but NLOTH2 kicks in like Lady With The Spinning Head.
Haven't listened to GOYB anymore since NLOTH2

Give me Boots. NLOTH2 is good and fun, but it sounds forced into a speed and mode that, at the time the song was written, were obviously absent. NLOTH2 is slightly off-kilter and awkward, but those qualities have charm as well, I suppose.

Give me Boots. NLOTH2 is good and fun, but it sounds forced into a speed and mode that, at the time the song was written, were obviously absent. NLOTH2 is slightly off-kilter and awkward, but those qualities have charm as well, I suppose.

i agree, though i think the album version of NLOTH will destroy Boots (for the record, i like Boots, but i do think it will be one of the weaker songs on the album). :)

i agree, though i think the album version of NLOTH will destroy Boots (for the record, i like Boots, but i do think it will be one of the weaker songs on the album). :)

Completely agree--the album version of NLOTH is shaping up to be one of my favorites I think.

NOLOTH_II reminds me of Rain In The Summertime by The Alarm as far as the rhythm/vibe is concerned, not a strong melody personally.

GOYB is kinda cute but I don't know about 1st single for 4 years.

Boots... it's in my U2 top 10. 10/10 tune.

NLOTH2 at this point is much better...just not feeling it for GOYB. it has begun to wear on me but the lyrics are grating...not Bono's best...

I'm enjoying both of them. Today on my way to work I had them alternating on a playlist and both were very enjoyable. Now that I know the words to GOYB it is a great driving sing a long song. :drool:

Love both. :up:

GOYB for now. We'll have to see how the album version turns out...:hyper:

If NLOTH2 didn't have that crappy "Ooohhhhhh, ohhhhhh ohhhhhh!" part in the middle it would probably be better. That part keeps it from being a great song IMO. Sounds like they just threw in the first crappy idea that came to mind there. :|

Boots by far. NLOTH 2 sounds so bside...not enough dynamics. However I think the album version will be a vast improvement.

:drool:

I'm surprised at the positive reaction to NLOTH2...as I said in the other thread once the album comes out I think you'll all realize you've been listening to Always instead of Beautiful Day :wink:

Good comparison.

45 second clip of NLOTH :combust:

Good comparison.

45 second clip of NLOTH :combust:

Agreed. Very good comparison though I still prefer NLOTH 2 more than Boots. Which could bode well because NLOTH2, although an alt version, is probably more representative of the album than Boots (from what I've read anyway).

The 2 will get it right though - there is a reason whay NLOTH2 is an alt version!!

Boots - NLOTH2 is just ok. Goes along at a fairly boring pace and definitely feels like a demo (especially given the 'Produced by U2' tag on the credits). Doesn't really go anywhere whereas Boots has an energy that, while not the most engaging song or by any means great, twists and turns enough to hold interest.

Back
Top Bottom