Bonus track for Australian NLOTH CD: alternate version of NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally guys: this bonus track is NO speculation, but a fact. quoting universal music:

Digi pack CD (Digipak format - limited edition with album CD, 36 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film. This format includes the extra track featured on the UK standard edition)

finally guys: this bonus track is NO speculation, but a fact. quoting universal music:

Digi pack CD (Digipak format - limited edition with album CD, 36 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film. This format includes the extra track featured on the UK standard edition)

If that's the most expensive one, it had better come with a DVD and not a download.

Bonus tracks are not really part of the actual album. Are you under the impression that they are?

For example, Summer Rain was a bonus track to ATYCLB, but it was put on a seperate CD. It's not like they make different albums for different countries.

Forgive me if this was stated elsewhere, but the bonus track on ATYCLB wasn't "Summer Rain" - it was "The Ground Beneath Her Feet", which was originally featured on the "Million Dollar Hotel" soundtrack.

This practice started with "Pop". As others wrote:

Pop - Holy Joe
80's Best Of - One Tree Hill
ATYCLB - The Ground Beneath Her Feet
90's Best Of - The Fly
HTDAAB - Fast Cars

Of them, only "Fast Cars" was unique in that it wasn't featured on a prior album or as a b-side.

And, as someone else wrote, the reason is economic. CD's in the U.S. are relatively cheap (especially at places like Best Buy). In other countries, though, it's cheaper to buy an import. In order to entice consumers to buy the product locally, an extra track is placed on the CD that isn't available on the import.

I imagine this will be done again. Personally, I don't have a major issue with it. Some of the songs listed above do fit as a closer. And as a collector, it makes it fun getting a slightly different version of the album. :wave:

Well depending on which camp you are in...

If you consider Passengers a U2 album then it started then with Bottoms(Zoo Station mix)...

^ i see both arguements. The purist "album" concept versus the "we get an extra song!" concept.

Either way is good for me. and hey, looks like we get an extra song! :hyper:

^ probably more Bonus tracks than hidden tracks though.

If we go for hiddens, how about the clip of saturday night at the end of boy?

^Ah, but they've only placed that hidden track in early versions and on the reamaster, so it's a bonus track. So, they're doing since the 1st album
End of discussion :wink:

^ i see both arguements. The purist "album" concept versus the "we get an extra song!" concept.

Either way is good for me. and hey, looks like we get an extra song! :hyper:

13 songs including the bonus track?

^Not true. If we're talking about the siren at the end of The Wanderer, not every country got that. I've got a copy of Zooropa that doesn't have it, at least.

Forgive me if this was stated elsewhere, but the bonus track on ATYCLB wasn't "Summer Rain" - it was "The Ground Beneath Her Feet", which was originally featured on the "Million Dollar Hotel" soundtrack.

Then why did my copy come with a second cd with just Summer Rain on it? :huh:

Then why did my copy come with a second cd with just Summer Rain on it? :huh:

To make things clear:

There are five different versions of ATYCLB (regarding the tracklisting):

-The simple one, with 11 tracks
-The one with 12 tracks, released on Japan and U.K. with The Ground Beneath Her Feet as the 12th track. Therefore, the "bonus song" designation.
-The other three ones, only released in U.S. that came with a "bonus CD" that contained Big Girls Are Best or Summer Rain or Always. These versions were released cause U2 was not releasing commercial singles anymore in U.S. They were a way for american fans to get the b-sides released on the singles.

I hope the bonus track will also be on the box set.

It will be. If it's "official" that it's on the "digi-pack", then it must be also in the box-set, look:

"box format, limited edition bespoke box containing digipack format album cd, dvd of anton corbijn's exclusive film, 64-page hardback book, plus a fold out poster."

so it looks like the box-set is simply a digipack version (cd+24-page booklet) + DVD + "magazine" (but as a hardback book) + poster; packaged in some special bespoke box :up:

Grace is a better "closer" than TGBHF, imo. And TGBHF would feel completely misplaced after Grace.

TGBHF would sound perfect between WILATW and NY

TGBHF is my closer to ATYCLB! I always skip Grace, and I always skip Peace on Earth. I deleted them when I imported the album onto my i-Pod too, which is great cos it means I can pretend that they don't exist!

its actually great in Canada

we get CD singles, plus we get many of the imports (in Toronto anyway)

I got a Lemon CD single from Australia the week it was released, in a store on Yonge street in Toronto.

Bonus tracks are not really part of the actual album. Are you under the impression that they are?

For example, Summer Rain was a bonus track to ATYCLB, but it was put on a seperate CD. It's not like they make different albums for different countries.

Sorry but this is not correct. The (UK & Ireland) bonus track on ATYCLB was The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and it DID appear on the same disc, not a separate one.

--Dean

I am willing to bet that the bonus track will be Winter.

It gets around the rules for the Oscars as it can be offered as "Bonus track Winter, from the movie 'Brothers'.

Lock it in :up:

Back
Top Bottom