Bonus track for Australian NLOTH CD: alternate version of NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace is a better "closer" than TGBHF, imo. And TGBHF would feel completely misplaced after Grace.

TGBHF would sound perfect between WILATW and NY

Sorry for my dumbass comment guys. On my copy of ATYCLB, it was just the regular album with a separate cd of Summer Rain, so that's what I was using as a reference. So I guess there were different bonus tracks in different countries, I just meant the actual albums themselves (I don't consider bonus tracks part of the real album, but more of an extra treat, hence=bonus) are the same everywhere.

Either way, my fundamental point was that it really doesn't matter in this day and age. We all get the same "real album", and in the end we all get the same bonus tracks too. As for the question of disrupted flow, I understand the fear that the band will be tampering with the albums closing effects, etc, but it goes back to the fact that these songs are only intended to be a bit of extra fun, not part of the album experience. I guess this could just be my impression, but I've always gotten a distinct feeling of seperation between the main album and bonus tracks, and because of that I really couldn't care less what they've tacked on. If it bothers you that much, reorganize your iTunes and put the songs in a different location, or, as LM said, press the stop button.

But clearly I have no idea what the fuck I am talking about, so again, my apologies. :D

Hahahhahahah, in the end it's like everything else, a matter of opinion.
And like everything else, it's a pointless discussion :wink:
But we're having fun, so.... :D

bono will hide his body behind layers of clothing.........specifically dark jackets.

Confirmed rumour: Larry only plays the spoons on the new album. Adams spoons.

Source: Edges mothers bridge partners hairdressers dog.

Agree, the only U2 album where the bonus track helps is HTDAAB. But even in this case Fast Cars doesn't feel like a "closer".

I disagree. I love Fast Cars, but it seems so out of place on the album. Yahweh is the right closer.

I don't see the point of bonus tracks. I think it has something to do with pricing differences due to currency and/or with illegal imports.

It has been reported that the bonus track will also be featured on the special editions on the album like it was on Bomb.

I disagree. I love Fast Cars, but it seems so out of place on the album. Yahweh is the right closer.

I don't see the point of bonus tracks. I think it has something to do with pricing differences due to currency and/or with illegal imports.

It has been reported that the bonus track will also be featured on the special editions on the album like it was on Bomb.

Hello unicorn. I agree with you:hyper:
Almost. Yahweh alt. version should have closed HTDAAB.
I absolutely LOVE the alternative version because the original lost its power through the production. I once made a alternative version myself and posted it here. For the love of God I don't know where but it is out there :wink:

Exactly. Same goes for GBHF on All that or Holy Joe on Pop... I wonder if "Tripoli" is the bonus song this time.

Some countries (for example the UK) have more expensive CDs so they add on bonus songs for better value. U2 are a powerful act enough to have one tracklist for everyone though.

Why are people still asking why others don't like bonus tracks after they have articulated exactly why they don't like bonus tracks? Disagree all you want, but show a modicum of intelligence.

Hello unicorn. I agree with you:hyper:
Almost. Yahweh alt. version should have closed HTDAAB.
I absolutely LOVE the alternative version because the original lost its power through the production. I once made a alternative version myself and posted it here. For the love of God I don't know where but it is out there :wink:

Believe it or not I actually agree with you about the alternative version of Yahweh, they should have put that one one the album.

Worst case... could you ever imagine anything following on from 40? Nope. The better the closing song is the more a bonus track will ruin things.

best example. No I can't :up:

Agree, the only U2 album where the bonus track helps is HTDAAB. But even in this case Fast Cars doesn't feel like a "closer".

Call me crazy....*pauses* but I've gotten used to prayer or confessional type songs as closers for U2's albums (40, Wake Up Dead Man, Grace, and Yahweh)

Sorry for my dumbass comment guys....
....But clearly I have no idea what the fuck I am talking about, so again, my apologies. :D

and how does that makes you different from everyone else again? :D

but show a modicum of intelligence.

What does modicum mean? :p

Some countries (for example the UK) have more expensive CDs so they add on bonus songs for better value.

But this is exactly what is not true (at the moment). See my previous post. CDs are 1,5-2 times more expensive in lot of countries in Europe (Like Netherlands)....so this cannot be the explanation anymore.

Back
Top Bottom