Bono With Eyeliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Bono is in touch with his feminine side, and Edge looks like Chuck Norris.

u2promopic084.jpg

What about Adam and Larry. :(

You know that under Edge's beard there isn't a chin....instead there is another guitar!!!! dunt dunt dunt duuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Adam and Larry are probably saying no way after they dressed up in drag in the One video.

OMFG!

Why is bono wearing all leather and what the hell did he do to his hair? He dyed it black? WTF? And what is with the huge sunglasses? Wear is the iconic Stetson and cowboy boots???

-circa 1991

Pretty much

N E W U 2 ???????? - alt.rock-n-roll | Google Groups

" BTW, I saw a photo of the shooting of the video for "The Fly" and it showed
Bono leaning up against a chain-link fence dressed in black leather from head
to toe with his hair slicked back wearing Terminator sunglasses. I have to
admit he looked quite ridiculous. "

"Believe me, the self-conscious poet-warrior look was just as ridiculous"

"
I happened to walk into my dorm room and see part of "the fly" video by
U2.
question?
Why is bono trying to be a perry farrel clone????
He isn't perry and never will. Does he think he will get the recently
deceased JA fans (not dead fans, dead band) ?
i hope not. would someone please enlighten me.
thanx "

U2 have always been accused of trying too hard, so some of the opinions on the Eyeliner don't surprise me(I don't care one way or another about it)

U2 got ALOT of flak from the "Indies", especially on Pop for trying to latch onto some of the then current fads, some justified and some not. The Spin magazine article from the first leg of the Zoo TV tour is hilarious. It was written by the journalist boyfriend of Kim Deal while the Pixies opened up for
U2 They basically tried to paint U2 as over the hill elitists trying to be hip. The article to me actually came across as a bunch of whining, written by a cooler than thou indie kid.

It's still an interesting read in hindsight.

Whats just as worse is the stuff that was written about them circa JT/R&H era. There demise was being predicted back then. If people had only known what was ahead of them. LOL! Too funny indeed.

Sicy, absolutely hilarious photo.....i swear chuck norris was the first name that came to mind looking at edge in the original photo. maybe it was due to his apparently largely torso. funny no one else saw this.

edge either has worked out or is holding his breath
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well google archives usenet posts going back to the 80s so there are tons, you just have to pick the dates and searh words
Google Groups?Advanced Search

This ones good because it just might contain the first use of "you are not a true U2 fan" on the WWW.

U2's 'The Fly' - Are you JOKING? - rec.music.misc | Google Groups

Diamond Dave View profileIn article <23109118.06.14P...@lehigh.bitnet>, P...@NS.CC.LEHIGH.EDU (Paul M. Lewis + MAF) says: >If 'The Fly' is any indication of the rest of 'Achtung, Baby' and >U2's musical direction, I think we can fashion 4 caskets, and label >them: Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry. U2 is dead. What an unimaginative >piece of garbage. Obviously, you are not a true U2 fan. U2 has been alternative ever since their inception (minus R&H). Alternative rock keeps changing, so do they. Granted, this album is a departure from even I am used to but I will get used to it soon. 'Diamond' David Perrussel Penn State Univ. DBP103@PSUVM DBP...@psuvm.psu.edu "Those who can but do not think for themselves are parasites and burdens to society."
More options Oct 25 1991, 10:28 am

Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Date: 24 Oct 91 02:09:04 GMT
Local: Wed, Oct 23 1991 10:09 pm
Subject: Re: U2's 'The Fly' - Are you JOKING?
Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
In article <23109118.06.14P...@lehigh.bitnet>, P...@NS.CC.LEHIGH.EDU (Paul M.
Lewis + MAF) says:

>If 'The Fly' is any indication of the rest of 'Achtung, Baby' and
>U2's musical direction, I think we can fashion 4 caskets, and label
>them: Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry. U2 is dead. What an unimaginative
>piece of garbage.

Obviously, you are not a true U2 fan. U2 has been alternative ever since
their inception (minus R&H). Alternative rock keeps changing, so do they.
Granted, this album is a departure from even I am used to but I will get
used to it soon.

'Diamond' David Perrussel Penn State Univ.
DBP103@PSUVM DBP...@psuvm.psu.edu
"Those who can but do not think for themselves are parasites and burdens
to society."

my word... did you just dig up a post by a college aged DB9 Diamond Dave?

oh the humanity

yeah...I can't make a comment on this after reading the commentary on 'the fly.' haha... I feel like a douche.

Honestly, I'm afraid that since Bono is almost 50, wearing eyeliner and popping into the 'trend' will date him and seem forced....I think eyeliner only works on younger men. (and im a metrosexual-inclined 26 year-old) haha.

Then again, Michael stipe does some sweet things with makeup and he isn't too far from Bono age-wise.

eh...I'm just happy to see new music coming that is being hyped by others beside Bono and the prospects of a tour...

Now...the REAL issue is: will the fans get shit on this tour?

its something new for U2.

people have gone onstage wearing socks over their penises or in their underwear. If Bono and the boys did any of that it would surely be news don't you think?

No, as been pointed out, Bono has done it before for AB photos...

I think he looks pretty good and as many others have said, if it means we see less of the shades then it's a win win situation!! Adam looks very cool too.

Back
Top Bottom