Bono responsible for leaked songs / Interference made the news - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the real problem that the media has right now is that the band isn't doing any press so out of desparation they have resorted to creating stories based on fansite discussions and rumors and blowing up a relatively inconsequential leak into some big travesty. One article in that stupid publication the Age even stated that the leak was being investigated by the police and as proof provided a link to the July 2004 story about the stolen CD copy of Bomb. They are also making a HUGE deal out of a supposed report that Bono has been ordered to loose weight before the tour. Nobody seems to have noticed that he has already lost plenty of weight over the last three or four months.

Dana

I think the real problem that the media has right now is that the band isn't doing any press so out of desparation they have resorted to creating stories based on fansite discussions and rumors and blowing up a relatively inconsequential leak into some big travesty. One article in that stupid publication the Age even stated that the leak was being investigated by the police and as proof provided a link to the July 2004 story about the stolen CD copy of Bomb. They are also making a HUGE deal out of a supposed report that Bono has been ordered to loose weight before the tour. Nobody seems to have noticed that he has already lost plenty of weight over the last three or four months.

Dana

:up: The media likes to make connections where there may be none.

I found it in a German newspaper today. :doh: They translated the original article 1:1. I find it interesting how everyone says Bono has an "ego" because he's playing the new songs. Doesn't every band listen to their songs before they put out an album? And we all know: The louder, the better.

A popular Dutch news website (nu.nl | Het laatste nieuws lees je het eerst op NU.nl) also posted the news about the leaked songs.

(Dus LarryMullenFan, ook in Nederland zorg je voor nieuws!)

Nieuw werk U2 lekt uit op internet
Uitgegeven: 18 augustus 2008 11:45

AMSTERDAM - Vier nummers van het nieuwe album van de Ierse rockband U2 zijn uitgelekt op internet. Een voorbijganger nam ze op toen zanger Bono de volumeknop van zijn stereo wijd openzette.

Dat meldt de Britse boulevardkrant The Sun. De vier nummers zouden zijn opgenomen door een vakantieganger in Zuid-Frankrijk, die de stem van de zanger herkende. Bono draaide de muziek in zijn villa in Eze, aan de Cote d'Azur tussen Nice en Monaco.

De nummers zouden afkomstig zijn van het nieuwe album No Line On The Horizon, dat in het najaar moet verschijnen.

Even better, LMF was interviewed yesterday on our national radio station Studio Brussel :lol:

I just love the way not one media outlet picked up on the beach clips from the last album, and out going mad like its such a new thing:lol:

This is really ridiculous. I've been called by the Dutch Press Agency (ANP) to tell my story. Indeed belgian radio station StuBru called. The Dutch 3FM is going to call and some belgian newspaper called. I've had numerous emails of people trying to get more information. And then, some people even call me an attention-whore. Saying I have been boasting my story here over at interference. Nothing I can do about it, so I just play along I guess.

You know, the Belgain interviewer asked me "is it true that you recorded the songs from a boat?". WTF :huh:

So far, no news from the band though :p

Wow that is pretty crazy, honestly. Like others have said, its not like this is the first time this has happened. I wonder why its making such big news this time around :huh:

Don't let the haters get you down.. if I've learned anything from this forum, its whether you're famous or infamous, not everyone will will have nice things to say about you unfortunately. Just focus on the positive :up:

Also, the media will always misconstrue and change stories.. it happens in the celebrity and entertainment world on a daily basis. All you can do is just tell your story and hope they get it right.

This is really ridiculous. I've been called by the Dutch Press Agency (ANP) to tell my story. Indeed belgian radio station StuBru called. The Dutch 3FM is going to call and some belgian newspaper called. I've had numerous emails of people trying to get more information. And then, some people even call me an attention-whore. Saying I have been boasting my story here over at interference. Nothing I can do about it, so I just play along I guess.

You know, the Belgain interviewer asked me "is it true that you recorded the songs from a boat?". WTF :huh:

So far, no news from the band though :p

Bono did it on purpose. I think you're safe. Even if the clips were perfect quality ripped off a CD most people (even the haters) will buy the new album.

The worst thing that could happen to U2 or any artist is:

U2 who?:hmm:

From HotPress: "U2 unconcerned about YouTube furore"

My apologies if this has already been posted...From HotPress:

http://www.hotpress.com/news/4704330.html

Hot Press understands that there’s absolutely no concern in the U2 camp over four tracks from the band’s new album which leaked onto YouTube over the weekend.

Indeed, there is some surprise that the story has been afforded such a high level of exposure, given that the ‘recordings’ were of such poor – or rather non-existent – quality.

The culprit is believed to be a Dutch fan, who heard the songs – supposedly titled ‘Moment Of Surrender’, ‘For Your Love’, ‘Sexy Boots’ and ‘No Line On The Horizon’ – blaring out of Bono’s French Riviera retreat in Eze-sur-Mere and recorded them with his mobile phone.

“Even by bootleg standards, the audio quality is really, really bad,” an insider tells Hot Press. “You really couldn’t hear anything – it was like something that was playing four or five rooms away being recorded. It really is a bit of a non-event.”

Following copyright violation complaints from U2’s record company, Universal, the tracks were taken down by YouTube who’ve subsequently launched an investigation into the matter.

Universal’s prompt response is, however, an indication of just how jealously any information on the album is being guarded. With Radiohead’s In Rainbows album – which was officially available to download for however little fans wanted to pay – having suffered 2.3 million illegal downloads, there is clearly a lot at stake for both the band and the record company.

As for the song titles, Edge has already spoken about a track ‘Get On Your Boots’, not ‘Sexy Boots’ – though the title might have changed in the meantime. Similarly, Bono has played ‘No Line On The Horizon’ a few months ago – but whether or not that will be the title of the album remains uncertain.

I saw this article...was going to post but you beat me to it...very interesting and clears some things up....."Get on your boots" not Sexy Boots...lol
how about WICKED BOOTS

"Get on your boots" sounds really weird to me though... shouldn't it be "Get your boots on"? ? :huh: lmfao :D

It's even in our national media. :ohmy: I cannot believe they're reporting this.
The Hotpress article is quite good, because, let's be honest, it IS a non-event. It's not a real leak, you can hardly hear anything. I don't think casual music fans waste their time analysing every single possible details they can hear (or not hear) on these clips. Ony we are crazy enough to do that. :lol:

And LarryMullenFan, dude, you're famous! Enjoy it! I don't think U2 will sue you or ban you from their concerts or anything. In fact, you're doing some free promotion for them.

It's even in our national media. :ohmy: I cannot believe they're reporting this.
The Hotpress article is quite good, because, let's be honest, it IS a non-event. It's not a real leak, you can hardly hear anything. I don't think casual music fans waste their time analysing every single possible details they can hear (or not hear) on these clips. Ony we are crazy enough to do that. :lol:

And LarryMullenFan, dude, you're famous! Enjoy it! I don't think U2 will sue you or ban you from their concerts or anything. In fact, you're doing some free promotion for them.

Yeah! LMF...enjoy the fame while you have it! This is pretty awesome :lol:

If I were a member of U2, I'd invite LMF over for a preview of the album and a drink, to celebrate the execution of his 'evil plan' :wink:

If I were a member of U2, I'd invite LMF over for a preview of the album and a drink, to celebrate the execution of his 'evil plan' :wink:

well a funny thing that two fans were actually taken into the studio to listen to new stuff, these were Josestation from u2valencia or vertigo-radio and that guitar player girl from alaska who served in the military or something, I jus't wonder if what they had heard has anything to do with the stuff we've already heard by now... did anyone catch later comments from them in light of the u2.com vids or the beach and HQ clips?

See! I KNEW you were the B man :flirt::drool::wink:

Seriously hollyhocks to the lot of em! Kept us going these dark wet miserable British Summer nights
Not again!!!! ;) (you actually made me smile, thanks for that)

Since I'm Bono according to Anji ;) I can invite myself. But seriously, that would be something :) I'd take my phone with me ;)

Back
Top Bottom