Bono interview in Australian Press - Danger Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had this dream last night, one that i have had before, that im working out in an aircraft hangar near the flightline and there are aircraft taking off and flying over constantly which creates a lot of noise. Im pretty sure im at an air force base, since thats where i work in reality. Anyway, i heard a loud plane so i went out for a look and there was this large cargo plane flying very fast and he kept turning and circling around the base. Finally his nose dipped and he started to lose altitude, which is when i realized something was wrong. I noticed some of my coworkers had come outside to see what was causing all of this ruckus, and at once, we all noticed this plane was heading towards us. We ran like hell inside the building and before we could make it to the other side of the hangar we heard the impact, which shook us violently and knocked us all to the ground. As soon as we could recover the plane had broken up and pieces of it were flying around the building like a tornado, and flames were shooting up towards the sky. We were in the middle of impact, ground zero of the inferno!

A few of us ran and quickly boarded a medium sized plane and took off quickly away from the chaos, barely missing power lines as our ascent through the shock waves seemed almost impossible. But we made it, and finally we leveled off to float above giant plumes of smoke from below. We were all exhausted at the experience and our harrowing escape. Saddened by the loss of our coworkers, we were still relieved to be among the chosen survivors. We floated towards the pastel sunset where the mountains cut into the sky and the moon wasn't as lonely as you'd think.

I can only imagine this is how the next u2 album is going to be...

Powerful stuff, man. Powerful stuff. :sad:

I had this dream last night, one that i have had before, that im working out in an aircraft hangar near the flightline and there are aircraft taking off and flying over constantly which creates a lot of noise. Im pretty sure im at an air force base, since thats where i work in reality. Anyway, i heard a loud plane so i went out for a look and there was this large cargo plane flying very fast and he kept turning and circling around the base. Finally his nose dipped and he started to lose altitude, which is when i realized something was wrong. I noticed some of my coworkers had come outside to see what was causing all of this ruckus, and at once, we all noticed this plane was heading towards us. We ran like hell inside the building and before we could make it to the other side of the hangar we heard the impact, which shook us violently and knocked us all to the ground. As soon as we could recover the plane had broken up and pieces of it were flying around the building like a tornado, and flames were shooting up towards the sky. We were in the middle of impact, ground zero of the inferno!

A few of us ran and quickly boarded a medium sized plane and took off quickly away from the chaos, barely missing power lines as our ascent through the shock waves seemed almost impossible. But we made it, and finally we leveled off to float above giant plumes of smoke from below. We were all exhausted at the experience and our harrowing escape. Saddened by the loss of our coworkers, we were still relieved to be among the chosen survivors. We floated towards the pastel sunset where the mountains cut into the sky and the moon wasn't as lonely as you'd think.

The next U2 album is now officially a concept album based on this.

oh man if that's not a sign i don't know what is... :hyper:

There are many more hidden messages to be found!

:|

That's probably because back then getting their singles out on the radio was not a problem for U2. They were in their 30s and just had a couple of massive-selling albums at the end of the previous decade. Whereas the situation now is completely different.

I do agree that they would have had anything played on the radio when they came back from R&H. But based on the Grammy wins for Bomb and the huge tour, I would argue that U2's popularity is on a major high. I think what's different now is radio has devolved even more, which is why I really don't want to see them pander to that level.

So really what it comes down to is that you just don't like them vocalizing their intent. The intent has NEVER changed.

I think the intent has always been to be the biggest band in the world, which I think is different than wanting to be a band that gets played on pop radio. I haven't heard any vocalization of wanting to be on pop radio a priority until recently in their career.

I think the intent has always been to be the biggest band in the world, which I think is different than wanting to be a band that gets played on pop radio. I haven't heard any vocalization of wanting to be on pop radio a priority until recently in their career.

Way to avoid the point. :up:

But at least you agree the intent has never changed, you just don't like them ACTUALLY saying it.

Way to avoid the point. :up:

But at least you agree the intent has never changed, you just don't like them ACTUALLY saying it.

"Pride is our first pop song."

"I want our music to be on the radio and fight the charts, because I do think we make better music". - Bono, 1983

And there is that JT tour speech on a nightly basis during I still haven't found what I'm looking for how hard they worked to be no. 1 ...

so, there's no tour dates between February 18, 2011, and May 2011. 2 month break for.. a round of new album promo?

So, now we have:

- Rick Rubin session leftovers
- SOA stuff
- Danger Mouse stuff
- club sounding thingy stuff with Crap I Am etc...
- Spidy stuff
- Wide Awake in Europe...

guess they will have smth like 250 songs ready...

:drool:

And they'll release NONE of them. :madwife:

There are many more hidden messages to be found!

:|

:drool:

Sorry - can't stop drooling over this dream.

Oops, I did it again. :reject:

Going back to this thread's title... if "Wide Awake in Europe" is official, will that count as the "first single" or is that just something for fun?

And if WAIE is in late Nov., when will U2 release the new single? Or are they planning to do a massive iTunes/radio launch at the same time?

And this is the first I've heard of these producers.

Lots of :hmm: here.

First you've heard of them in connection to U2 or first you've heard of them ever?

Also, anyone thinking the single in December rumor might be a U2 recording of Boy Falls From the Sky as promo for Turn of the Dark? Hell, that recording already exists. Plus, I think that would be more likely than them turning on the promotion machine while in the midst of the tour.

Also, I think it is high time Bono get some Spider-Man-esque sunglasses.

Going back to this thread's title... if "Wide Awake in Europe" is official, will that count as the "first single" or is that just something for fun?
It's official, but it's more a promo for Record Store Day than anything else.

Yep. I don't think WAIE is tied into anything else. Just a nifty little extra. I don't think it necessarily means that Mercy won't appear anywhere else, though.

Back
Top Bottom