Bono interview in Australian Press - Danger Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That reminds me of how my friend twisted 'Come on Eileen' into a disgusting song with a similar comment. :shudder:

they're in NY for spidey

Edge makes frantic dash from NY to get home for premiere of wife's new show

The Edge downed his Spiderman guitar for a few hours last night to jet home for the premiere of his wife's new music and dance project.

The U2 performer left rehearsals of the Broadway musical, composed by himself and Bono, to be in Dublin to catch the first performance of Cold Dream Colour, a music and dance piece created by wife Morleigh Steinberg.

You would think with the tour starting up again in a few weeks, that we'll hear something, either press or band on stage.

You would think with the tour starting up again in a few weeks, that we'll hear something, either press or band on stage.

:ohmy:

With art projects, homework, friends, a romantic relationship and so much focus on just an upcoming album release from U2, I had completely forgotten about this tour coming up in a couple weeks.

Thank you kind sir, or madam. :applaud:

A few days ago there was a Tweet (don't remember from whom) that U2 were in NYC and possibly recording or doing something studio-related, and it was merely speculated that Lillywhite was doing something with them.

I think all that was based on was that Lillywhite was absent from his radio show or something. I don't think there's been anything since then; I'm assuming that link is just parroting the earlier info.

if this thing comes out before May, i'm assuming we'll have about the same timeline as when NLOTH came out. we'll probably start getting more concrete news in late December, a single in January and an album in March.

with that said, i'm still skeptical that we're getting an album before May. Bono and Edge seem very distracted by Spiderman (the real reason why they're in NY), and Neil McCormick said not to expect an album until late next year.

i guess i'm about 50/50 that we see this album before the US tour.

It's a shame if the Spiderman thing is a big distraction for them; the music isn't the reason for the delays, so it's not like they have work to do on it. But they obviously have a lot invested in the project (not just money), so if I were them, I'd be squirming a bit, too.

I honestly don't have much of an opinion about it, other than interest in hearing the music.

I'm assuming it's going to fail because it seems like so many of the big new musicals on Broadway close pretty quickly, but I don't know that it's going to have much of an impact on U2 (other than Bono and Edge being disappointed).

the fact that they have this gem of a song "Boy Falls from the Sky" that is tied to Spiderman and presumably not U2 / the next album is what i find annoying.

I don't think the Spiderman thing is going to be so much of a distraction that things get delayed (assuming the rumored time frame we have is correct; an album could be released later than May but might not have anything to do with Spiderman).

It sure sounds like they've been busy little bees even while being on the road; I don't think Spiderman has gotten in the way of the other stuff and I don't think it will get in the way going forward.

Obviously, we don't know if it was a distraction in the past, that without Spiderman we'd have a new album already. Who knows.

Hasn't Spiderman supposed to have opened ten times already? I don't know a thing about musicals, or about getting them off the ground, but I assume that they must be really, really screwed if it's supposed to have already opened and they're still working on the music?

'Airborne' and 'lightfooted' just sounds like a good desciption of about half of DM's production credits. Which is a good thing. A lot of U2 pop-rock of late has been pretty clunky, dragging it's knuckles along.

Hasn't Spiderman supposed to have opened ten times already? I don't know a thing about musicals, or about getting them off the ground, but I assume that they must be really, really screwed if it's supposed to have already opened and they're still working on the music?

'Airborne' and 'lightfooted' just sounds like a good desciption of about half of DM's production credits. Which is a good thing. A lot of U2 pop-rock of late has been pretty clunky, dragging it's knuckles along.

they're not still working on the music.

delays were the result of construction issues, financial issues, and now, safety issues

The music has been done for a loooong time.

Gotcha. Thought it would be extremely odd, or the most obvious 'give it up' sign ever, for them to still be working on the music, but thats what I picked up from somewhere, just lazy reporting perhaps - but I must admit I have been paying approximately zero attention to anything Spiderman, as my interest level hovers around the same (zero.)

Some Kind of Awesome - Samples of Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi's Upcoming Project, Rome - SoundCloud

you can hear samples of the new Danger Mouse project "Rome" at that link. he's been working on this for a few years now.

listening to his live chat the other day, I heard him mention that this work has bled into his other projects.. infusing the likes of Gnarls Barkley, Dark Night of the Soul, etc with a certain sound..

maybe we'll hear echoes of this in his work with u2?

if nothing else, it gives you a sense of where his head is at these days..

I need this album in my life yesterday. Sooooooooooo good. :drool:
EDIT: Here's the album art:
ROME-Album-Art.jpg

Some Kind of Awesome - Samples of Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi's Upcoming Project, Rome - SoundCloud

you can hear samples of the new Danger Mouse project "Rome" at that link. he's been working on this for a few years now.

listening to his live chat the other day, I heard him mention that this work has bled into his other projects.. infusing the likes of Gnarls Barkley, Dark Night of the Soul, etc with a certain sound..

maybe we'll hear echoes of this in his work with u2?

if nothing else, it gives you a sense of where his head is at these days..

Wow. Thanks for that link. I'm loving it. Damn, if this bled over to U2, I'm going to be one extremely happy fan. :drool:

Okay, somebody help me out. I only have a very basic understanding of what a producer does, what they do for/with a band.

How can you listen to one artist produced by X to try and determine how another artist produced by X will sound? I mean, the bands are still the bands, the producer doesn't mold their sound into something completely different, right?

U2 is still going to sound like U2. Unless we're getting some sort of radical shift here, like War to TUF using a new-to-them producer, what are you guys hoping to suss out by talking about Danger Mouse's other production work?

Back
Top Bottom