Big announcement Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 doing JAWS sounds bad ass.

Yes, but clearly Edge would have to be Hooper (the scientist/marine biologist that is into technology), Larry would have to be Quint (the salty old school fisherman that hates "city folk",) and of course Bono would be the shark, because.....do I even have to say it?
Adam can be Brody by default. He did wear glasses for awhile.

BTW: one of the best scenes in movie history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs

Yes, but clearly Edge would have to be Hooper (the scientist/marine biologist that is into technology), Larry would have to be Quint (the salty old school fisherman that hates "city folk",) and of course Bono would be the shark, because.....do I even have to say it?
Adam can be Brody by default. He did wear glasses for awhile.

BTW: one of the best scenes in movie history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs

Well that's a lot of nice fancy equipment you've got there Mr. Hooper. Don't know what Bono's gonna do with it. Might eat it.

I've confirmed this "rumour" with my North American, European and South American sources. Naturally, I can't reveal who they are or what they told me, but needless to say you are all going to be profoundly disappointed.

So in other words, no matter what the announcement will be, you'll respond with "this confirms what my sources have been telling me"?

;)

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

So another "Best Of"? :wink:

I wouldn't mind a best of if they release a delux version containing a second cd with all the songs that were supposed to SOA or songs they recently written. If they push back the album again or are starting from scratch again then at least having a cd with new unreleased songs would be pretty cool! But I know if they were to release a best of all it would include would be invisible and OL and a bunch of remixes on the second cd.

Twin Peaks and Lost are making a show collaborating the two worlds. The Black and White Lodges are actually pockets of energy ala the heart of the island....and they can communicate and transport with each other. Suddenly one morning, 25 years later, Cooper finds himself on the island....

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

:lol:

I am quite impressed with the Jaws knowledge of people here...

:up:

I honestly had no idea that was from Jaws for many years. I'd hear it as the little production company tag at the end of House. And then I caught part of Jaws on cable and heard that line and was all holy shit, THAT'S what that's from!

Maybe Larry or Adam are quitting. Would explain the delay. One of them wants out. Took the last few months to sort out. Now it's full steam ahead with U2 v2.

Maybe Larry or Adam are quitting. Would explain the delay. One of them wants out. Took the last few months to sort out. Now it's full steam ahead with U2 v2.

I'm sure I've read quotes before that if one band member decides they've had enough then the band is finished.
Besides, if someone did quit they'd just say so. Why bother with waiting a few weeks until a specific date?
The optimist in me is hoping for an announcement of an October release date.

I hear that band dissolution announcements only happen on Fridays, so the timing makes sense.

Don't think it does any big difference if an album is announced 3 months or 1 week before its release. Especially considering what big acts are used to do recently, even dropping songs out of the blue. Never been the case with U2, but who knows.

At the moment, some dudes and gals walking in a studio for a guided tour, listening to ongoing mixes or completed songs, is enough. Could U2 scrap ongoing/done mixes and be back to work? Sure they can, it's U2. If some press statement comes, good; if it won't, doesn't mean they're still going to work on it though.

I've confirmed this "rumour" with my North American, European and South American sources. Naturally, I can't reveal who they are or what they told me, but needless to say you are all going to be profoundly disappointed.

Yet, another Spiderman Reboot franchise with Larry as Peter Parker ?

At the moment, some dudes and gals walking in a studio for a guided tour, listening to ongoing mixes or completed songs, is enough.

Sincerely, I find it odd and kinda strange that some people taking a "tour" of Church Studios get an earful of the new U2 album being mixed...It kinda takes the whole "secrecy" or "exclusive" nature of the whole thing away. I would have played some random "no-name" elevator music through the speakers during this guided tour. But then, this is just me...:wink:

In my opinion, if this album was THE next great U2 album, I wouldn't want anyone to hear anything of it until first single drops onto the world...That's what they did with Atchung Baby. If it weren't for the SALOME bootleg, no one didn't now fuck all about what they were doing...until "THE FLY" was unleashed and everyone was like "Oh shit...what's that new sound ? Awesome !"

Sincerely, I find it odd and kinda strange that some people taking a "tour" of Church Studios get an earful of the new U2 album being mixed...It kinda takes the whole "secrecy" or "exclusive" nature of the whole thing away. I would have played some random "no-name" elevator music through the speakers during this guided tour. But then, this is just me...:wink:

I'm certain that the chance to potentially hear U2 mixing their new album probably helps out the tour's ticket sales. Smart business decision for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom