Best Bono vocal on the album ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
My vote goes to MOS.

A contender for an all-time Bono studio vocal performance. Sort of a throwback to his Rattle and Hum self, only with the gravitas that the years brought - and yet it's unlike anything else he's ever done on a U2 album.

Difficult choice, I like his vocals on most of the songs, but I'd say White as snow and Cedars, I love his singing there, it fits these songs' atmosphere perfectly. Magnificent is also brilliant. I love it when he sings in a low voice.

Bono uses a wide range of effective styles on this album, so I'm not sure I could pick. The raw emotion of MoS is flawless. The effortless and soaring "Only Love" chorus of Magnificent is flawless. Don't even get me started on "Time is irrelevant, it's not linear...then she put her tongue in my ear, ah hah aaahh": beyond flawless. Cedars: brilliant.

Man, this album is really good.

I can't decide between Fez - Being born, White As Snow or Cedars. I was really surprised by how good the vocals sounded in all three of those songs.

Fez - Being Born has vocals that take me back nearly 20 years. Bono voice has never sounded so FULL since UF or JT days.

Part of me wonders if this was an outtake or old vocal from those days that they just fit over the new music :)

My vote goes to MOS.

A contender for an all-time Bono studio vocal performance. Sort of a throwback to his Rattle and Hum self, only with the gravitas that the years brought - and yet it's unlike anything else he's ever done on a U2 album.

Yep.

I love Cedars too, but MOS beats all. there are great vocal moments in every song though ... :drool:

All parts where The Edge does the background vocals :p
Nah, for me either Crazy tonight, or Cedars of Lebanon.

Definitely MOS. The emotion and the passion are just fantastic.
I also liked the vocals on Cedars. His voice on the entire album is great though!

Yeah, Moment of Surrender, but I love the way that Bono experiments with his voice throughout the album, especially on the last 2 tracks.

Back
Top Bottom