Band at the Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Susan was very eloquant. you're damned either way really.. I gave an account on here years ago about going into HQ during the bomb recording and got slammed by some regulars her for being a liar.. it's best to keep it simple and let the excitement build.

And Coldplay may not be U2 but they are great and I completely agree with Jacobus!!. :)

why wouldnt they be conscious of coldplay? they are one of the most anticipated artists in rock. If radiohead wasnt enough to keep them out of this years campaign im sure a great coldplay album would seal the deal. The competition would be so much weaker next year. The U2 I love would have had the balls to compete or better yet not even be concerned with the grammys, but we all know better now. I think its definitely on their minds.

t8thgr8 said:
The U2 I love would have had the balls to compete or better yet not even be concerned with the grammys, but we all know better now. I think its definitely on their minds.

You really don't know anything and are just speculating plus you are slamming U2 on something that hasn't even happened. You don't know diddly of what U2 think and nothing about what you say.

t8thgr8 said:
why wouldnt they be conscious of coldplay? they are one of the most anticipated artists in rock. If radiohead wasnt enough to keep them out of this years campaign im sure a great coldplay album would seal the deal. The competition would be so much weaker next year. The U2 I love would have had the balls to compete or better yet not even be concerned with the grammys, but we all know better now. I think its definitely on their minds.

:sigh: *facepalm*

omg.. wtf.. why are we comparing Coldplay and U2... :huh:

I'm sorry but Coldplay will never be in thought of in the same vein as U2...not a chance in hell. Not now and not in 20 yrs either

U2Fanatic4ever said:
omg.. wtf.. why are we comparing Coldplay and U2... :drool:

I'm sorry but Coldplay will never be in thought of in the same vein as U2...not a chance in hell. Not now and not in 20 yrs either

uh maybe because they have albums about to come out with the same producer and both are hugely anticipated by a lot of people? i dont know...

t8thgr8 said:

uh maybe because they have albums about to come out with the same producer and both are hugely anticipated by a lot of people? i dont know...

big deal.. so they are using Eno so what.. Doesn't mean they are gonna be any better or bigger than U2... They are on a different playing field than U2 and will never be on the same one.. Their style of music is different than U2. IMO, they don't have the same level of talent, songwriting, musicianship or chemistry live that U2 have. I have seen Coldplay live at least 3 times and their live show is average at best.

yes, i know alot of people are anticipating the new album but the comparisons are just ridiculous.. IMO

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

big deal.. so they are using Eno so what.. Doesn't mean they are gonna be any better or bigger than U2... They are on a different playing field than U2 and will never be on the same one.. Their style of music is different than U2. IMO, they don't have the same level of talent, songwriting, musicianship or chemistry live that U2 have. I have seen Coldplay live at least 3 times and their live show is average at best.

yes, i know alot of people are anticipating the new album but the comparisons are just ridiculous.. IMO

why the fuck are you acting so defensive, nowhere did i say coldplay would be bigger or better than your precious U2, youre obviously paranoid. and i would say that their styles are in the same house, maybe not room but definitely the same house.

Last edited:
t8thgr8 said:

why the fuck are you acting so defensive, nowhere did i say coldplay would be bigger or better than your precious U2, youre obviously paranoid. and i would say that their styles are in the same house, maybe not room but definitely the same house.

why do u have to be so rude... U jump down my throat without having a civil discussion about it. I certainly am not reacting that way... why don't you just chill dude..

Oh, yeah since you apparently can read me like a book by a post of how I am and what my thinking is... u must be psychic...

btw.. u apparently missed the two different times I stated: "IMO" , in my opinion just in case you forgot..:|

Last edited:
t8thgr8, did you not read Sicy's previous warning in this thread?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:lock: me thinks we may need this..

Since prior warnings have already been issued and the udeness/bickering is continuing, me thinks you're right.

Civil discussion can go in the other HQ thread in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom