Band at the Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard there are pictures up on the U2 forum of them in the studio....can anyone post them?

Mid year release?

I think that sounds like a stretch. Even if all the recording is done, the mixing, the production blah blah blah.....then, you have to do artwork and begin the usual media/promotion circus.

I guess the first single being released on internet / radio etx could sort of be mid year

U2girl said:
http://forum.atu2.com/forum.src?Action=Posts&Subject=14083&Topic=28&SubjStart=

U2tour.de also has a source saying the recording sessions are over.

:ohmy: Over?! :sad: I was this close!:mad:
Was there really a point in posting the u2.com report then if this is true? :eyebrow: "No word on how the music is developing from last year's songwriting sessions..." and two days later they're freaking done? I'm pretty confused...
Numb1075 has a point though. I think Steve Averill mentioned before, that the packaging/sleeve design etc takes at least six months to finish or am I imagining things? Gah, I don't know...

Well, I imagine a single could hit in August with the album out in October. So the "mid-year" comment isn't really a suprise.

Beautiful Day - radio broadcasted August 31st
All That... - released October 31st

Numb1075 said:
Mid year release?

I think that sounds like a stretch. Even if all the recording is done, the mixing, the production blah blah blah.....then, you have to do artwork and begin the usual media/promotion circus.

Yeah, it takes a minimum of three months (and that's pushing it)after the last day of recording to mix and master the album and prepare for release. But I don't really buy the mid year release anyhow. July is the date for the three remasters. I don't think U2 is going to compete against itself. I believe the orginal mentionings of October (which means we could see U2 in and out of the studio until July)...Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

The_Edge89 said:

Was there really a point in posting the u2.com report then if this is true? :eyebrow: "No word on how the music is developing from last year's songwriting sessions..." and two days later they're freaking done? I'm pretty confused...
Numb1075 has a point though. I think Steve Averill mentioned before, that the packaging/sleeve design etc takes at least six months to finish or am I imagining things? Gah, I don't know...

Hmm :hmm: They had wrapped up 4 weeks ago and were back in the studio, then they wrapped up again 2 weeks ago, and were back in the studio :yes:

Maybe it is a ruse like last time :wink:

If U2 release the re-masters in July (they are), this could be a good time to release a new song for the new album. Creates some buzz for the re-masters without coming across as cash cows.

I could hear satellite DJs say (all the FM DJ's are gone), "That was the new U2 song ....... from their new album coming out this Sept/Oct. By the way, U2 just re-released their 1st 3 albums totally remastered with bonus tracks."

But, as the past 2 album releases have gone, I would be an Sept. single release with a Oct/Nov album release :yes:

we'll be sure about them being at the studios next week.
At the beginning of march they said "we won't come back anymore, just in a warmer place" due to stalking people.

You know...they don't want too much people hanging around! :eyebrow:

zoopop said:
But, as the past 2 album releases have gone, I would be an Sept. single release with a Oct/Nov album release :yes:

Almost certainly, everything else fits.

Although we didn't hear Vertigo until it went to radio, we got the first snippet of Beautiful Day (officially released) on July 31st 2000, and the single didn't come out till early October (if memory serves), with the album in late October.

So working on that schedule we shouldn't expect to hear anything officially released for another few months.

Unless they get generous.

i think that this is misinformation to stop the crowds gathering at HQ. These sessions have been very mysterious!

The_Edge89 said:

:shrug: Keep in mind different rumours are around, and the band have NOT said the recording is over. Could be U2tour.de and that post on atu2.com got it wrong, or that they simply refer to Larry's drum tech (who said the session at HQ were over, and that the band will record in a warmer place).

the answer is easy! Are they moving tech equipment with trucks?
If you see trucks they are really leaving otherwise it's a misinformation to stop stalking!

easy! :wink:

U2girl said:

:shrug: Keep in mind different rumours are around, and the band have NOT said the recording is over. Could be U2tour.de and that post on atu2.com got it wrong, or that they simply refer to Larry's drum tech (who said the session at HQ were over, and that the band will record in a warmer place).

I'm not very optimistic about the fact that they might still be recording.
Edge said in the RTÉ interview that they recently listened back to some material and a fellow u2.se editor was told by Sam in February that they were finishing up the songs which have been chosen for inclusion on the new album.

If they're still in Dublin this could possibly mean that they are working on new takes (since some songs were apparently recorded in one take) or overdubs of some kind and even proper vocals/lyrics. Edge said they tend to leave the vocal track for later and Larry hinted at something similar on the documentary included on the How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb DVD.

So to get things straight: My theory is that they have finished the main recording sessions and are now working on various overdubs or production. If they're still at Hanover Quay that is.

EDITED TO ADD:
http://www.electricco.ie/topic.asp?...c+Co+Forums&Topic_Title=Hanover+Quay+(Update)

As Bono & Edge were reversing out someone - either from inside HQ or possibly from a car stereo (Bono or Edge's) started to play a tune off the new album!!

It was heavy guitars - heavy drums and the lyrics were someting like " You lift me right up there, you bring me right up" - somethinh like that - can't be 100% sure though. So it begs the question - if it was new material are the Electric Co'ers the first fans in the world to hear the new material!?

Sam said that expect a mid year release (May, June, July?) - and Dallas said that we are gonna love the new album.

What a trip bro, what a trip!

I'm going down the Quay, to see what I can see.

Hope all are well.

Adr.

Sounds like it could be related to the "Get up" song....:hmm:

Last edited:
I dont think post recording production needs to be the traditional time period it used to be. Rolling Stone has an article this month about how big time bands are finding it easier to just get the material out there.

Now considering U2 still are under contract I wouldn't necessarily expect that. One could only hope they might take some cues from Radiohead..Pearl Jam..the new Counting Crows..etc

PS: If you havent read the article it is worth it!

mkdominatr said:
IOne could only hope they might take some cues from Radiohead..Pearl Jam..the new Counting Crows..etc
it's not that I don't agree with you
but U2 are about 6,781 times more popular than those bands combined together

so why would they take their cues from them?

Salome said:
it's not that I don't agree with you
but U2 are about 6,781 times more popular than those bands combined together

so why would they take their cues from them?

No your right. I'm really just hoping and saying that in todays world it can successfuly be done differently. I think u2 could do it either way and have big time success of course...

mkdominatr said:

Now considering U2 still are under contract I wouldn't necessarily expect that. One could only hope they might take some cues from Radiohead..Pearl Jam..the new Counting Crows..etc

!

You lost me with Counting Crows...:|

mkdominatr said:

The Counting Crows new album (which I happen to think is good) was released under a new self label that they created.

You sure about that?:eyebrow: I'm not asking about the 'good' part, but the record label part...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You sure about that?:eyebrow: I'm not asking about the 'good' part, but the record label part...

It's pretty good. Not great. And they're still cruising along on Geffen.

And touring with Maroon 5 this summer. Barf.

Zooropa was finished recording in May 1993.

And in shops early July 1993.

It doesn't take 6 months to complete album artwork.

In my humble opinion, there is no way we'll have a mid-year release of the new album.

They'll release the re-mastered old albums in July, basically to prepare for the new album which, I guess, will come out in fall. First single in summer, possibly shortly after the remastered stuff.

Anyway, good to hear they are progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom