B-Sides???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Wow... I just realized we haven't done the b-sides yet!! :hyper: :hmm:
Thanks! :wink:

You can make a good living out of that. Bono has been for nearly a decade now.

I want a trance mix of Magnificent, and two original b-sides so we can make the requisite 45,000 "NLOTH would have been so much better had the track listing looked like THIS" threads.

:yes:

Yeah, with a new album hopefully coming out in November-December, it's about time to change the forum's name back to WTAHNN and begin baseless speculation and leak threads :)drool::hyper:) again, no (despite the fact that NLOTH hasn't been released yet)?

I think we will do so in a few months, the leak threads are fun as. Time for me to make more leak songs, i'm sure you guys have seen 'Leakotheque', no?

I was hoping the album leaking would stop the leak puns. Apparently not. Now we'll have a "When will the b-sides leak!? ARE YOU GONNA WAIT FOR LEAK? SUMMER LEAK BIG LEAKS ARE BEST" thread :doh:

Stand Up (Take A Leak)

Magnifi-leak

:wink:

I was hoping the album leaking would stop the leak puns. Apparently not. Now we'll have a "When will the b-sides leak!? ARE YOU GONNA WAIT FOR LEAK? SUMMER LEAK BIG LEAKS ARE BEST" thread :doh:

I'm trying to decide what's worse, the leak puns so popular here or the cock puns so popular on B&C.

I suppose either way, they're more suited to a grade 5 classroom.

Okay, back on topic. I wonder if they will include any live tracks from the last few tours, or any songs from previous sessions. I can imagine some tracks from the NLOTH sessions to be left alone for use on the next album.

im imagining an 8 minute long rap of crazy tonight.... and bono in dreads

:ohmy::|:angry::sad:

I'm actually curious if they'll do a Magnificent remix... I've never been found of 90% of the remixes but for some reason this one intrigues me...

No, I don't think we'll see a lot of new b-sides, the day of the single is dead.

Especially if we're going to see a quicker release for the next album...

Yah unfortunately I think you might be right.We may have seen the end of singles or maxisingles with B sides.But I say at least 3 B sides for this album.

I'm hoping they don't release any original b-sides, I'm sick of U2 pawning off good/unfinished songs for compilations and b-sides. Electrical Storm and Window in the Skies should have been songs that were on an album. Summer Rain probably could have been a good song if they worked on it some more.

NLOTH : b-sides?

Im a believer in original U2 b-sides. Anybody got any info on the album and whats coming up in that regard?

Prosponing the new album due to a 'song spew' mode should make for plenty quality material. How many of those songs have made a final version i dont know - Enough i would like to think. However with the rumours of a forthcoming album later this year or next year :drool: i guess would limit the field somewhat, but still..

Just troubles my mind how many unreleased U2 songs there is out there somewhere.

One last thing:

Please stop releasing stupid dance/electronic remixes! Ill accept an ambient 'Cedars of Lebanon' Eno style mix. Lets have another Joshua tree original song b-side fest plz!.. :love:

EDIT: Guess i suck at searching the forum.. Well, any news?

The thing is that U2 b-sides really suck or are covers (the ones on the "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" were great). I don't see including b-sides being in conflict with another album some time soon because the band will want that next album to have great songs, not just filler; then again, "Some Days Are Better than Others" and "Daddy's Gonna Pay", etc were pretty filler to me.

Im a believer in original U2 b-sides. Anybody got any info on the album and whats coming up in that regard?

Prosponing the new album due to a 'song spew' mode should make for plenty quality material. How many of those songs have made a final version i dont know - Enough i would like to think. However with the rumours of a forthcoming album later this year or next year :drool: i guess would limit the field somewhat, but still..

Just troubles my mind how many unreleased U2 songs there is out there somewhere.

One last thing:

Please stop releasing stupid dance/electronic remixes! Ill accept an ambient 'Cedars of Lebanon' Eno style mix. Lets have another Joshua tree original song b-side fest plz!.. :love:

EDIT: Guess i suck at searching the forum.. Well, any news?

Boots single: alternative version of the album title song. Itunes extra song: a remix of Boots.

Magnificent single (if the picture on u2place.com is correct): -

In terms of quality, yes, I think the NLTOH outtakes look as though they will be comparable to those of the Joshua Tree (judging by Winter).

The only thing is that this time they are mostly going to be packaged as a second album, Songs of Ascent rather than b-sides.

Dan Smee made a good point in another thread: Until the tracklisting for Songs of Ascent is probably not finalised, it is unlikely there will be "new song" b-sides.

After the band have decided what will be in there and finished any unfinished songs there will probably be quite a few "new song b-sides" left over.

So the will.i.am remix of magnificent will probably be the next b-side, hopefully supplemented by some cool alternate version of album tracks.

We wont get new songs as b-sides if a new album is on it's way this autumn/winter, though on the plus side by the time the 3rd and 4th singles come out we should get some live tracks. In fact we may get some on the b-side of Magnificent.

:lol: you guys are too funny...

well what've we got so far

NLOTH 2...sucks.

some shitty remix of GOYB...I hope that's not actually a b-side because it's a trainwreck.

It'd be nice if we got some real b-sides. I mean with HTDAAB at least we got Are You Gonna Wait Forever? (which actually ain't a bad song) and then the stuff from the Complete U2... surely we'll get at least one original song? I suppose we'll have Linear at least.

Why does NLOTH2 suck?
I think it rocks .. i think it is better than the album version. I'm not saying the album version is bad. It is a great track ...

If they're good, save them and polish them for this next project (if they're relevant that is, if not jettison them on NLOTH singles).

Both :drool:

the extended version of fez/being born. that's what i want to hear

Back
Top Bottom