Artificial Horizon LPs arrived badly damaged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halup

Refugee
I'm curious if a lot of you have ran into what I have with the Artificial Horizon LPs. I ordered 5 copies of the 5 in the last few days in May that they were on sale. I initially ordered 3 copies for me and my wife with 1 extra. I then placed another order for 2 copies for friends who are not U2.com members. The first 3 I ordered arrived 6 days ago, each packaged separately. When I opened them, 1 copy was pretty much perfect, 1 had the upper left corner banged in (bad enough to where I would not buy an LP in this conidtion in a store) and the third one had a couple of large, major folds. I decided to hold off until all 5 arrived before contacting the company. The other 2 copies have now arrived with 1 copy with bashed in upper left corner and the second one in the worst condition out of all 5 ordered with major creases on at least 3 sides.

Obviously, I'm very pissed off at this, and I can see it all had to do with poor packaging used to ship LPs internationally. Has anyone contacted U2.com or Livenation to get replacements for damaged copies? These were shipped to me from France to the U.S. and there's no way I'm paying anything to return 4 of these heavy LPs to there. I intend to take photos to show them the extent of the damage and submit them if needed. I can see maybe they'll offer to give me a refund, but that's not what I want. I want what I ordered and should have received, which is 5 undamaged LPs.

If anyone can offer me some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom