Artificial Horizon - a hint at what's to come

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's nothing new about Bono's interest in rap, it's been well known since at least the early 90's.

See the Howie B Haury B remix of Discotheque for the prime example.

And on topic, I think there is something to be said for this idea - though it is dangerous to think about it too much. If electronica is on their minds in picking Artificial's tracklisting, then it does say something.

But for my money, the new version of Winter might be a better indication of where they're headed, since it appears to have been finished post-No Line.

Wouldn't something written for (and then rerecorded for) a specific movie be more likely to try to capture the feeling of the movie, than the direction of the band?

The THIRD, as yet un-heard, version of Winter is supposedly "Electronic" in comparison with the first two.....

Thank God, the brothers version was dreadful, and other than some questionable lyrics I thought the original version was pretty damn good.

the "electronic version" was just something Edge was tinkering with.. not sure where the original quote is, the original article it came from is no longer online, but it didn't seem like Edge was doing anything more than just messing around with the song

After sifting through this thread, I've only got two points to make:

1) Hindsight is 20/20

2) Artificial Horizon can in no way be the direction the band is headed. Much of what is on it is just Bono's vocals superimposed on artificial music (hence the name). I disliked 90% of AH because it left out the great MUSIC that U2 is known for.

just my two cents worth...

goat

Back
Top Bottom