Arnie Acosta Mastering NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the common argument is always about the risk you take with stepping away from the loudness wars, is your singles seem to lack punch compared to all other "punchy" crap on music television and radio. Obviously you can master a specific version for these mediums, but no-one every does. There is absolutely no reason for an album to be compressed to within an inch of it's life, there is some argument to be made for singles getting that treatment (a sort of if everyone else is doing argument) but that's it. U2 don't seem to recognise it.

Do you mean at the front? (intro) Did they drop the mix out to cover something up? I can't remember.

I haven't listened to that song in ages. Don't care for it all that much.

There's a point where you can hear someone say "stop" faintly in the background.

EDIT: It's closer to the end - 4:05 -ish.

YES, the *one* reason I'm hoping for a remastered Zooropa release someday. Probably will never happen, but that production error really bothers me on an otherwise fantastic song.

I actually think that Dirty Day has got to be a perfect example of a song that is so horribly mixed that if they redid it it would be a hit. When they performed it on ZOOTV it was amazing.

i find vocals on dirty day to be too loud

is this what you mean?

or like there is too much separation in the tracking of the song....?

Yup! Horrible mixing

There's a point where you can hear someone say "stop" faintly in the background.

EDIT: It's closer to the end - 4:05 -ish.

I've heard that too

Yeah the guitars on dirty day sound like they were recorded 10 miles away.

Indeed!

"Those guitars, guitars, guitars run away with those horses over the hills." Doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom