Are they realy going to put another album out soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really curious about 'Every Breaking Wave' the few lyrics that we know of sounded interesting and it was described as being reminscent of 'With Or Without You'.

I think the key thing here is that usually that talk about a quick new album comes after the tour. This is coming before NLOTH is even officially in stores.

I'm still not getting my hopes up, though. I adore the beautiful instrumentation and the return to poetic storytelling lyrics in WAS and Cedars, so I'd love a whole album along those lines, the kind of thing that evokes the glory days of ASOH and RTSS and Heartland, but that's the kind of prospect that seems far too good to be true.

Good point. This isn't some "we can't wait to get back into the studio" bullshit we hear during/after every tour. That they're already talking about the follow-up album in conceptual terms means a considerable amount of work and thought have gone into it already.

And again, I'll point out that the timeline thing was stated by LARRY. You know, Mr. No Bullshit.

He could wind up being a BIG FAT LIAR like Bono, but I'm going to be optimistic.

Good point. This isn't some "we can't wait to get back into the studio" bullshit we hear during/after every tour. That they're already talking about the follow-up album in conceptual terms means a considerable amount of work and thought have gone into it already.

And again, I'll point out that the timeline thing was stated by LARRY. You know, Mr. No Bullshit.

He could wind up being a BIG FAT LIAR like Bono, but I'm going to be optimistic.

And there's this another quote from Bono:

It bodes well for the album that will follow No Line On the Horizon, which has, he says, "the idea of pilgrimage at its centre", and is made up of the "quieter, more meditative songs" that did not make it on to this one.
Ok, that's not actually him saying, but this thing about being songs that didn't make it NLOTH means they must be already pretty much done.

[FONT=&quot]White As Snow: U2's most intimate song | Music | guardian.co.uk[/FONT]

I don't think they'll put out a new album, they have 3 good singles after Boots, so no can do.

Back
Top Bottom