Are these possible clues as to the name of the next studio album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This just in:

A Fall Release? Could U2 Be Cleaning Up Their Yard For Next Winter?

U2 to release full length LP next fall. No word as to the official title, but according to these domain names, perhaps herein lies some clues:

www.beachclippings.com
www.clippingsheardfallingonabeachinthesouthoffrance.com
www.cleanupmyyard-orfoad.com
www.whatyougetforbringingyourdangerouslittledevices.com
www.18headbangingbeachclippingsjustforyouponkine.com
www.bringyourrake.com

It is difficult to make out exactly what the title will be, but there is much debate raging between two camps that have seemingly divided the community of U2 experts (apparently otherwise known as, "We Are More Important Fans Than The Rest Of You"): These experts cannot seem to agree (who would have thought?) on whether the new album will be called Beach Clippings or Clippings Heard Falling on a Beach in the South of France (otherwise known as CHFOABITSOF according to these very experts). The latter title, they tell us, would be in line with the band's recent fondness for long and windy titles. We are quite befuddled and somehow astonished by this recent turn of events. The band are not available for comment, having retreated to the South of France for what some U2 experts are saying might be -- wait for it -- FOREVER................ However, we can report the last thing Larry Mullen Jr is said to have stated in public. A long time PLEBEAN (don't ask) insists she heard the words, "I'll get you, Ponkine!" coming from the superstar drummer's mouth at a recent event in New York. We are all left in a state of confusion - if not complete shock - to say the least.

More as it happens....

Disclaimer: No offence intended to anyone. (I actually find your posts entertaining, Ponkine.) If we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?!

Last edited:
Man, I would find it so funny if we did get an album called Beach Clippings - all produced by Rick Rubin....and that we got a taste of one of them on the new best of album (called, Beach Clip #1). People wouldn't be able to accuse U2 for selling out for that! No radio singles. That would be art!

^^^

And yet you post in it. By the way, what is a "woot"?

Anyway, isn't it true that the subjects of satire don't usually see the humor themselves? This thread is, at the very least, quite revealing.

Michael Griffiths said:
^^^

And yet you post in it. By the way, what is a "woot"?

Anyway, isn't it true that the subjects of satire don't usually see the humor themselves? This thread is, at the very least, quite revealing.

Em, errr..."woot" kinda means "whoo hoo" or "yay". I'm NOT being sarcastic! I think this thread rocks! When i said this thread is a "hoot" i meant it was FUNNY and AMUSING! sheesh...:wink: Seconded on that :up: to this thread! It's nice to have some humor after everyone's going crazy over the new Best Of release and whatnot.

2morrow said:

Em, errr..."woot" kinda means "whoo hoo" or "yay". I'm NOT being sarcastic! I think this thread rocks! When i said this thread is a "hoot" i meant it was FUNNY and AMUSING! sheesh...:wink: Seconded on that :up: to this thread! It's nice to have some humor after everyone's going crazy over the new Best Of release and whatnot.
Oh, my bad then! I thought your "[/lame]" comment was directed at the thread - which is why I interpreted it as sarcasm. My apologies! :)

Back
Top Bottom