Anyone else liking song 400?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
I noticed it was the least mentioned here, and for awhile it was my least favorite. But I just managed to listen to it again and it sounds pretty nice, although somewhat rough around the edges. I really enjoy the last 45 seconds or so of it.

So....discuss? :shrug:

topplehatU2 said:
I noticed it was the least mentioned here, and for awhile it was my least favorite. But I just managed to listen to it again and it sounds pretty nice, although somewhat rough around the edges. I really enjoy the last 45 seconds or so of it.

So....discuss? :shrug:

I really love the majority of this song but to be honest the last 45 seconds remind me too much of Original of the Species.

400 sounds like the Beatles a little. I think they are trying to say they are on their last 2 albums like the Beatles were. Recording in Abbey Road Studios would hint that. I also believe for every Beatles album U2 wants to make 2 or 3 albums that fit the theme; from basic rock to experimentation with new studio techniques and back to a synthesis towards the end. All we need after this record is "Let it Be" and it'll be over. Oh wait POP looked like Let it Be on the cover and that was an unfinished album. I don't know but there is some Beatles inspiration going on somewhere.

:wink:

Who knows? The main melody and background synths hold a lot of promise. They are demos and different parts of different songs will be put together into new songs that will change our opinions. I like the studio recording process, it is like Bono says, like making a movie

Cheers!

Is it possible song 400 is "North Star" mentioned on @U2.com? This is a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith.

Throughout the whole song I can clearly hear a organ-like instrument at the background.

Its my favourite out of all of them actually, just something about it I really like. Has that catchy tune that got me the first time I heard it.

"Is it possible song 400 is "North Star" mentioned on @U2.com? This is a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. "

oh yeah! its true...

i havent been around for a while so please forgive my ignorance......whats song 400 and where can i hear it?

Yeah... where can we hear these songs? The only one I've heard was All My Life and that was on youtube. Loved the sounds of it.

Hey, sorry guys. Just looked on page 2 and saw the numerous links to the songs. Shoulda looked before I asked.

A superb song. This is undoubtedly the most promising of all the beach clips. What a great melody. It's the one that I find coming back into my head during the day, humming it and trying to remember who the hell it is and where I heard it!

I've been listening to the beach clips and 402 I think it is reminds me of the Walkmen.

I remember when I first heard the Walkmen and they reminded me of U2.

Back
Top Bottom