Anton Corbijn Film (Linear) featuring new music of U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FuruftUta

The Fly
For me right now the most interesting thing coming with this relaese. What do you think of that? or What do you think this is going to be?

On Amazon.com:

"a DVD of the new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2"

With some articles and hints some months ago I image a Road Movie playing the whole CD in the background (or some other tracks - maybee something like a B-side CD) with Said Tagmaoui playing the main role - with Cowboyhats, motorbikes, desert and stuff. Perhaps the mentioned book (with some additinal pictures from Corbijn) explains the Stroy a litte bit more... :drool: Dreams?

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/62/83/04/18660246.jpg

Really love Antons work - could be really something.
anton corbijn
:hyper:

Also think that the mentioned book, the magazine, the cover (of course) will all be designed bei Corbijn to have an style that fits together.

What would you do if Bono asks you to shoot a movie for their new CD?

I was just about to start a thread about this DVD. It doesn't seem to have been mentioned in other threads.

Perhaps some of the options are:

1. a film of Corbijn images with an entire soundtrack of unreleased U2 music (kinda like The Cure's Carnage Visors)
2. a documentary with some snippets of U2 music as well as commentary/interviews with Corbijn and the band
3. either of the above but including NLOTH album tracks rather than unreleased music
4. either of the above but including alternative versions/mixes of NLOTH album tracks (maybe even the non album version of the song NLOTH as we know there are 2 very different versions)

In other words it could be an awesome addition to the album or something that gets played just once.

In other words it could be an awesome addition to the album or something that gets played just once.

I really think it will be the first option. An awesome addition to the album. A documentary is really unlikly - because of all the articles mentioned. Like for example this one some month ago:

"The sequence of shooting consisted of a man walking through various districts of the city (the Market, the Square of the Cathedral, Candelaria, Campo del Sur, and Zone of Baluarte de San Roque and some streets in the city center.) The protaganist of the videoclip is an adventurer who arrives by motorcycle from Paris and stops in Cadiz, although his final destination is Tarifa.
As previous commented, U2 were not present for the shooting."

U2: video filming in Cadiz has started | U2Star

And now we know for sure that this and the other filming session were not for the first single. First single will be "get on your boots" and this one was shot last week in London. And the director wasn't Corbijn but Alex Courtes. So therefore I`m sure this will be a real little (perhaps 60 minutes - could depend on how long the CD might be) film with actors and a story...
Like finding the the line on the horizon or something...:hug:

I'm exited
perhaps we get a first look on a trailer next month or so...

whatever this movie is (I'm thinking an album-long music video with all NLOTH songs, with a story, etc), it must be the reason behind the cost of that super deluxe Box.
Corbijn's "U2 & I" had a ridiculous price (around 100euro) too. :huh:

To make my first two post a little bit more understandable: there was some french articles some months ago mentioned that Said Tagmanoui will play in all the video for the new record. So I think with going on to "get on your boots" by director Alex Courtes they decided to make a whole film directed by Anton Corbijn starring Said Taghmaoui which features the record. Perhaps even without the U2 members at all. That could be sooooooo cool...

For example:
"Saïd Taghmaoui dans les clips de U2
Saïd Taghmaoui, de son côté, surfe sur un registre moins glamour et un peu plus rockn'roll. L'acteur français, nouvelle égérie du célèbre groupe de rock U2, tiendra un rôle dans tous les clips du prochain album, dont la sortie est prévue pour 2009. L'acteur sera prochainement à l'affiche de Trahison, aux côtés de Don Cheadle."

News : Le clip : le nouveau terrain de jeu des acteurs

and here:
"L'acteur français, nouvelle égérie du célèbre groupe de rock U2, tiendra un rôle dans tous les clips du prochain album, dont la sortie est prévue pour 2009. L'acteur sera prochainement à l'affiche de Trahison, aux côtés de Don Cheadle."

Fashions-addict - WebZine de mode - la mode comme vous la vivez - Culture

Love his look - and a great actor too! :wave:

51932-said-taghmaoui.jpg

yeah I'm intrigued by this, for sure.
I wonder if it features Passengers for its soundtrack. Steve Averill stated long ago that there were two projects in the works, and claimed one was Passengers-like.

yeah I'm intrigued by this, for sure.
I wonder if it features Passengers for its soundtrack. Steve Averill stated long ago that there were two projects in the works, and claimed one was Passengers-like.

:hmm: I remember this also. It was some month ago - Would make perfect sense - Passengers "Original Soundtracks No. 1"...
On Amazon.com its said very clearly "music of U2" but... Interesting thought.
I think the book and the magazine will make sense by somehow interacting with the film-story (with special pictures by Corbijn).
The short video Clip below, posted some month ago and heavily discussed, could be for this film. It's obvious not for the first single "get on your boots" because this clip was made last week. The guy (he was an Art-Director for "Windows in the Sky) this clip below comes from had also some interesting other clips on his Flikr site - would fit to the style I could image for the U2 film. Take a look -

FALCON IN ACTION on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
and there was a clip - guys with cowboyhats wandering around - that went from the his site exactly the time the video with Bono below was taken of... so

There is also a famous cameraman mentioned - Harris Savides.

YouTube - Bono, ¿grabando el nuevo video clip?

It would be interesting to have an Anton movie with U2 music, but I'd hate to pay an extra $50 more than I needed to just because U2 decided to package his movie together with their music & books....

ok. here's is what my source is telling me. there's a lot more to come but he only divulged this. remember the talks of 2 albums or a double album a couple of weeks back?
they were true.

its still coming in but there is talk that u2 didnt want to release an old idea of a double album but they wanted to release the 20+ songs...anton's movie fit certain songs U2 were working on.

its still coming in but there is talk that u2 didnt want to release an old idea of a double album but they wanted to release the 20+ songs...anton's movie fit certain songs U2 were working on.

Well, if this is true...it'd certainly justify the high price tag (in my mind). Another album in video form? Holy shit.

Huh... would they then have a soundtrack to the movie that would serve as a sort of Disc 2, sort of a disc of B-sides but a cut above that level?

It would be so sweet if we got daily updates out of your source :)

Interesting, so 10-12 songs for a u2 album, and then 8-10 songs for Anton's movie.

Huh... would they then have a soundtrack to the movie that would serve as a sort of Disc 2, sort of a disc of B-sides but a cut above that level?

That would be a cool way of releasing additional music without the pressure of a double album or second album. And we could just rip it into digital files of course. It makes a lot of sense actually.

b-sides my source tells me there are going to be plenty of. he says that the album is very similar to one album...achtung baby. innovative, no one has ever done, timeless.:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Again this is what my source has been getting wind of inside the music industry. he's been pretty right so far. I hope he is close.

I don't know if this would make people happier or more angry--getting extra music, but only if you go for the super deluxe version...

Awesome!

I can't decide if I like the idea of b-sides instead of a second LP or EP a few months down the road....

I'm also not sure how I feel about the notion of the Corbijn movie being a straight-up movie featuring U2 music. It might be cooler (perhaps more likely, given that it's Anton) to be an artistic, mainly silent short film dominated by the U2 music. :hmm: Hopefully there would be some CD version of the music on the film, too, if it's not the music on NLOTH... It'd be hard to live with U2 music floating out there that can't be listened to portably (and I'd greatly prefer an official release over ripped audio)!

my source tends to get wind of a lot of things but he sticks to the people he trusts to relay it to me. He also sucks too cuz he'll tell me he has a lot more info but doesn't want to spoil the surprise. damn! He also just told me via text the following: U2 is going to own 2009 - 2012.

Well, we'd be passing around the mp3s on here regardless. So fans would really only have to buy the deluxe set if they wanted the movie with it. Which I think most of us would.

But it sounds like a wonderful idea.

Awesome!

I can't decide if I like the idea of b-sides or a second LP or EP a few months down the road....

I'm not sure how I feel about the notion of the Corbijn movie being a straight-up movie featuring U2 music. It might be cooler (perhaps more likely, given that it's Anton) to be an artistic, mainly silent short film dominated by the U2 music. :hmm: Hopefully there would be some CD version of the music on the film, too, if it's not the music on NLOTH...

Yeah, I'm picturing something "silent" (just moving picture with U2 as the soundtrack). Otherwise, we'd naturally need another way of getting at these songs.

b-sides my source tells me there are going to be plenty of. he says that the album is very similar to one album...achtung baby. innovative, no one has ever done, timeless.:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

wow, i hope your source isn't pulling your chain. That's a pretty grand description for a new album. Curious, did you have this source around for the last album? If so, was he saying the same thing then too?

This album cannot wait any longer!!!

I don't know if this would make people happier or more angry--getting extra music, but only if you go for the super deluxe version...

no - there are also two versions - the digipack and the magazin-version with the film download... :drool:

take a look here:
Amazon.com: No Line On The Horizon [Digi-pack] [Limited Edition] [CD/Poster/Film Download]: U2: Music

and here:
Amazon.com: No Line On The Horizon [Magazine] [Limited Edition] [CD/Magazine/Film Download]: U2: Music

"as well as a new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2, available as exclusive downloadable content."

and then there ist the deluxe version with the DVD

@artdirector - sounds really good!!!!!!! thanks. :hyper:

my source is a friend of mine in los angeles who works in the design/marketing department at a small record label. Their parent label company is not Interscope but another big record label company. His name is :hyper:

so really, if the "film" is actually a second album, $49.95 isn't a bad price for that along with a magazine and poster.

Back
Top Bottom