Anton Corbijn Film (Linear) featuring new music of U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think 90 mins refers to the length of the movie and not the combined length of the songs. I might be wrong however.

I think 90 mins refers to the length of the movie and not the combined length of the songs. I might be wrong however.

Yup, there's not going to be music every second of the film

And we mightn't even get Winter because there might be dialogue over the song :wink:

Possible story in Linear:

01. Unknown Caller
02. Breathe
----- the hero "awakens" and decides to leave a place/return to a place...

03. Winter
04. White As Snow
----- he feels alone/isolated, maybe has some flashbacks of the past...

05. No Line On The Horizon
----- on his journey he meets a girl

06. Fez-Being Born
07. Magnificent
----- now is deeply in love with her

08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Get On Your Boots
----- the girl is dangerous :sexywink:

10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon
----- a sad end for our hero

:hmm: what do you think?

01. Unknown Caller
02. Breathe

03. Winter
04. White As Snow

06. Fez-Being Born
07. Magnificent

08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Get On Your Boots

10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon

i could see that. man, i can't wait to hear Winter, and i really hope there are more instrumentals that we haven't heard about.

I think I remember reading something that said there will 2 extra songs in addition to Winter on Linear that weren't on NLOTH. I can't wait.

I think I remember reading something that said there will 2 extra songs in addition to Winter on Linear that weren't on NLOTH. I can't wait.

yeah, i believe it was the lead actor who said this. i'm actually hoping they're instrumentals. that would lead to a great alternate tracklisting, though part of me feels guilty putting this album in any different order.

01. Unknown Caller
02. Breathe

03. Winter
04. White As Snow

06. Fez-Being Born
07. Magnificent

08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Get On Your Boots

10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon

Nice try - :hmm: could be the main storyline. But how fits the other 3 people? Corbijn told - how I undertand it - that these are 5 storys (5 people) which met somewhere during the movie. We know that Said Tamaghoui is a cop, driving a motorcyle - in france to africa (how I remember). But the end - that could be right: the cover shows obviously an accident - I think It's possible that Moment of Surrender is the last song in the movie (hero dying-part perhaps) and Cedars of Lebanon is for the credits.

I'd really be surprised if Every Breaking wave really isn't in Linear. They played it for the press in December and lyrics were even shared with us;
"Every sailor knows that the sea is a friend made enemy."

On Linear the only song missing is "I Go Crazy ..." but there are three instrumental pieces not featured on the album. First images have been published on french website suckingrockandroll.

On Linear the only song missing is "I Go Crazy ..." but there are three instrumental pieces not featured on the album. First images have been published on french website suckingrockandroll.

linearscreenshot.jpg

linear04.jpg

linear06.jpg

I haven't run this through a translator yet.....

Linear : les premières photos
Publié le 22 février 2009 à 15:00, par fredo, une réaction
A lire également

* Get On Your Boots aux Echo Awards 2009
* Ecoutez le nouvel album de U2 sur internet
* U2 aux Brit awards et en progrès
* No Line On The Horizon en fuite sur le net

Toutes les actualités

Les futurs possesseurs de certaines éditions de No Line On The Horizon pourront regarder un film réalisé par Anton Corbijn.

Les éditions digipack et magazine donneront le droit de le télécharger. Dans l’édition box, il sera disponible en DVD. Nous parlons bien entendu du film intitulé Linear, réalisé par Anton Corbijn, qui a pour interprète principal Saïd Taghmaoui et dont la bande sonore est constituée de pratiquement toutes les chansons de No Line On The Horizon.

En effet, selon les premières personnes à avoir vu le film, seule I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight ne figure pas dans le film. En revanche, deux ou trois instrumentaux viennent se rajouter aux autres chansons.

En attendant de pouvoir regarder le film, voici les premières photos qui en sont tirées: (then the pictures are shown)

Linear: the first photos Published February 22 2009 at 15:00 by fredo, a reaction to reading * Get On Your Boots the Echo Awards 2009 * Listen to the new U2 album on the internet * U2 Brit awards and progress * No Line On The Horizon at large on the Net News All future owners of certain editions of No Line On The Horizon can watch a movie directed by Anton Corbijn. Digipack editions magazine and give the right to download it. In this month's box, it will be available on DVD. We speak of course of Linear film, directed by Anton Corbijn, who is principal performer Said Taghmaoui and whose soundtrack consists of almost all the songs from No Line On The Horizon. Indeed, according to the first people to have seen the film, only I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight does not appear in the film. However, two or three instrumentals just be added to other songs. Until they can watch the film, here are the first pictures that are drawn:

Maybe U2.com's Dallas clip will be in the movie as one of the 3 intrumentals :drool:
I hope there will be no talking in the movie... DVD audio rip and a brand new "Linear" album is born :drool: :hyper:

I saw some more pictures from the movie on another website, one had the band performing, I didn't know U2 would actually appear in the movie. :ohmy:

Anyway, someone who saw the film said it opens with Unknown Caller, the first scene is the scene of the accident, so the lyrics fit. So I think it's save to say there are lyrics in all of the songs that fit a certain scene in the movie.

I see in these pics some video in 3D of the band playing (blue and red images) :hmm:

good idear - but I don't think that. I think it's just the lightning effect - shot through glass and therefore the double effect - can't imagine Corbijn doing such a 3D thing with these old and horrible analgyph procedure

good idear - but I don't think that. I think it's just the lightning effect - shot through glass and therefore the double effect - can't imagine Corbijn doing such a 3D thing with these old and horrible analgyph procedure
:up:
...in fact I think this shot was made in HQ, so they probably added some FX so it would look like some kind of pub/road bar Said is stoping by

On that link (French website), they also say that the only song not in the film is Crazy Tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom